Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conversion Oil Tank Filter Console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
I installed a PMS oil tank and oil filter console today and discovered that the oil filter will not fit. It hits the air blower bracket and won't screw on to the console. What do you guys do to solve this? Cut out the bracket (I'd rather not do that) or do thay make a smaller profile oil filter? Let me know what others have done to solve this. Thanks!
rgalla9146
a 6 doesn't have (or need) a blower motor.
off with the mount !
how would you make a smaller oil filter ?
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 30 2016, 05:03 PM) *

a 6 doesn't have (or need) a blower motor.
off with the mount !
how would you make a smaller oil filter ?

agree.gif chop off the bracket.
mmascari
Figured as much.....thanks guys!
Mark Henry
Are you using the relay board? If not cut the brackets off.

What year is your 914 and are you using carbs/rainhats? Cars with the charcoal filter in the engine compartment you have to cut off the stud that it bolts to.

Do you still have the /4 engine bar mounts? you can cut them off as well...

sawzall-smiley.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 30 2016, 05:15 PM) *

Are you using the relay board? If not cut the brackets off.

What year is your 914 and are you using carbs/rainhats? Cars with the charcoal filter in the engine compartment you have to cut off the stud that it bolts to.

Do you still have the /4 engine bar mounts? you can cut them off as well...

sawzall-smiley.gif

agree.gif
I cut off and tossed everything. Don't need any of it.
mmascari
My car is a '73 and the engine is a 3.0sc motor. I am planning on using carbs on the engine, so will I even need the relay board? Or is it really just for fuel injection for the 4?
mepstein
QUOTE(mmascari @ Jul 30 2016, 09:29 PM) *

My car is a '73 and the engine is a 3.0sc motor. I am planning on using carbs on the engine, so will I even need the relay board? Or is it really just for fuel injection for the 4?

You don't need it. Original 6's had them. You can decide how you want to wire up your engine and either use one or delete it.
mmascari

[/quote]
You don't need it. Original 6's had them. You can decide how you want to wire up your engine and either use one or delete it.
[/quote]

I guess I have a lot to learn.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mmascari @ Jul 30 2016, 09:29 PM) *

Perry Kiehl makes a conversion harness that deletes the relay board. Makes the engine harness plug and play.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=24228
PanelBilly
Both the board and the fan motor mount will just get in the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.