Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IT LIVES.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
after doing a bit of carb surgery and trying out a few different timing positions,,,,,,

it fired.

timed it, did the 20 minute routine, and did a rough sync on the carbs, and it really smoothed out. engine sounds really good, healthy. a couple of the pipes started to get really hot (barely glowing in the dark) -- that concerns me a little... it didn't sound lean, but maybe i need to work out the mixture some more.

5.9 MB

http://www.stanford.edu/~neb/firing.MOV

need to adjust the clutch now before i can drive it (ccrrrrrunch)

feels good

smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
Awesome. boldblue.gif
I'll start downloading the viddy now and report back later. dry.gif

Yes, it does feel good when it fires off that first time.
Good for you.

KT
Allan
Excellent!!! Isn't it the greatest. biggrin.gif
Randal
All Right!

I'll be up at Stanford tomorrow about 5:00PM. Let's go for a ride.

bd1308
what size engine is that...? that sounds SO MUCH BETTER THAN MINE....i'm jealous dry.gif
nebreitling
randal, you're on.

it's a 2056, 9.6:1 compression, elgin cam.

44 idf's and a euro race header.

looking for 125 hp.
iiibdsiil
Stanford finally gonna get off your ass about it now? Make sure you wave to officer dick-up-my-ass as you drive past him.
Trekkor
OK- an hour later the video is done. dry.gif

Nice snappy throttle response.
Gonna be good. cool.gif

KT
Eric Taylor
WOOOOOOOHOOOOO! That sounds so throaty makes me start grunting over here and scratching myself wub.gif . Anyway Great to see another engine come to life. Who did the build work, and if you did where the hell did you do it? Man I wish my car was here... sad.gif .
Eric

P.S.
D.P.S. can lick it I feel your pain, get one of them to do the regidity test for you car smile.gif
dinomium
oh ok SO that is what they sound like when they run...
Mueller
congrats smilie_pokal.gif

nd did a rough sync on the carbs,

when you are ready to leave the caveman/stone ages and join the digital world with FI, let me know, I'll have an extra set of 45mm IR throttle bodies available smash.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Apr 11 2005, 10:36 PM)
it's a 2056, 9.6:1 compression, elgin cam.
44 idf's and a euro race header.
looking for 125 hp.

Excellent Nathan! Sounds like 125 ponies to me. biggrin.gif

Head temp gage would be good. Or at least engine temp.

Congrats!
nebreitling
hahah thanks mike

when you put a few years and a few thousand miles on your FI system, let me know... i'll buy it!

lol2.gif lol2.gif aktion035.gif
Trekkor
when you are ready to leave the caveman/stone ages and join the digital world with FI

C'mon...Leave him alone ohmy.gif

Nathan knows what I know... and thats near every top 914 at the a/x, if not TTOD does it with carbs roaring ALL THE WAY.

I'm just a caveman mueba.gif

KT
skline
Thats great Nathan, so you bringing it down to the WCC? Glad to hear you got it running.
Aaron Cox
sounds similar to mine....

sounds more powerful too biggrin.gif

very good nate....anxious to see the beast in action... smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
Nathan knows what I know... and thats near every top 914 at the a/x, if not TTOD does it with carbs roaring ALL THE WAY.

yea, and you forgot to mention that most of them are /4's, not overweight sixes biggrin.gif laugh.gif mueba.gif
nebreitling
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Apr 11 2005, 09:03 PM)
Who did the build work, and if you did where the hell did you do it?

i built it. mostly on the back porch, but also on the front porch, and sometimes in the kitchen.

i live with guys.
fiid
Dude - that sounds really great.

Did you ever get a resolution with the stanford folks?
nebreitling
thanks guys. there is NO WAY i could have done it w/ out this board -- particularly the handy 'search' function.

dps is off my back, for now. officer snowden and i had a very stern conversation a couple days ago. seems to be okay, he wished me 'good luck', whatever that's worth.
Eric Taylor
Sounds cool nathan! I wish I could work on my car here, but the dorms don't really allow for to much motor building.
Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.