Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need picture of center seat light connections.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
Car had a partial rewire, the old center light was working but when they took it out it split in half. Now I have a replacement light but the connections might have been changed when the mechanic rewired some things. I know it has 2 rear spades near the prong, and one in the front. My wiring has to prongs together on the front prong and one on the rear with a open prong. I know it is 3 connections, but pulled the light not and cant find a 3rd wire. I can take a picture to show you guys what I am talking about
JeffBowlsby
Look at the wiring schematic for your model year.

Teach a man to fish...
carcus
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 2 2016, 10:23 PM) *

Look at the wiring schematic for your model year.

Teach a man to fish...

Thought it would be easy enough for someone to pop the seat light out and take a pic.
porschetub
Had same issue and to quote Jeff I fished them out with a piece of wire.
Try fitting an LED festoon lamp makes a world of difference.

Click to view attachment
malcolm2
should not be hard to figure out. the light is ON.... OFF.... or switched (2 wires, one from each door).

Off does not have a wire. look closely at the light fixture switch and choose a connection, and test it.

Use a VOM to check which wire at the light has continuity with your door switches.
Garland
16 is the light, 83 is a ground, 33 door switches, #64 12v on. #63 ground.

Click to view attachment
carcus
QUOTE(Garland @ Aug 8 2016, 10:09 PM) *

16 is the light, 83 is a ground, 33 door switches, #64 12v on. #63 ground.

Click to view attachment

Thanks guys, I ripped out the seats and got it all fixed. Only works on the center position and now does not work when the door opens. I think that is the door pin that activates it. Only turns on in the always on up switch, but happy I got it to work. Posting what I did today with my new to me interior in another thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.