Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel Gt rocker flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
PotterPorsche
I'm in for 1 set
mb911
So my rockers were done in class as a graded fab project for a student. That student has graduated and is working at a local fab shop.. I told him I would buy sets from him if he wants to start a small business and I will resell them.. He is working on them I just talked to him last week about it.. I am trying to foster the start up small business ideas with students after graduating. I will start making them myself if he opts to not make them after a few month pass by if he can't or won't do them anymore but again my hope is he will do them.. He could be very talented.
Mowog4
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 18 2016, 08:33 AM) *

So my rockers were done in class as a graded fab project for a student. That student has graduated and is working at a local fab shop.. I told him I would buy sets from him if he wants to start a small business and I will resell them.. He is working on them I just talked to him last week about it.. I am trying to foster the start up small business ideas with students after graduating. I will start making them myself if he opts to not make them after a few month pass by if he can't or won't do them anymore but again my hope is he will do them.. He could be very talented.

Ben
Did your student ever make any progress?
mb911
I will ask him he works full time so he is busy with that.. I will probably just take the project over and do them myself..
mb911
Ok so I still have people interested in these and was thinking I could have laser cuts made and start this project in a month or so.. Who would really be in if I were to do this? I would still estimate 250 sell price. You can 1pm or email me if you would be in and I will start a group buy . email is mbconsulting21@gmail.com
johnhora
Ben is that $250 for a set of four (4)?
mb911
QUOTE(johnhora @ Nov 18 2016, 09:38 AM) *

Ben is that $250 for a set of four (4)?

That's what I am thinking yup..
mb911
So it looks like 4 sets spoken for?? Would it make more sense to start a group buy thread?
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 18 2016, 04:00 PM) *

So it looks like 4 sets spoken for?? Would it make more sense to start a group buy thread?

I'm in for 2 sets.
ahycaramba
Pm sent for 1 set.
Thanks
Al
PotterPorsche
Email sent
mb911
Ok great..
mharmon
I'm still interested in a set. No rush on my end.
mb911
Going to draw them up this weekend and get to laser cutting shortly after..
eric914
Im in for a set.
jim912928
I'm also in for a set.

Have you thought about pieces for front and rear valence so we could graft those in on our conversions?
mb911
I have not to this point but I guess I would need a sample for sure to make that work.. I have a fiberglass front balance for a gt I could copy..
DEC
I'm in for 1 set
db9146
Add me in for a pair.

porsche914gt
me want
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Nov 19 2016, 09:03 AM) *

Have you thought about pieces for front and rear valence so we could graft those in on our conversions?

agree.gif

popcorn[1].gif
johnhora
Ben...I'll take one set....Thanks
Puebloswatcop
Ben, I would be in for a seat as well
mb911
As I am now getting my head above water these are heading to the top of the list. If all of you are still interested please re email me at mbconsulting21 @gmail.com.. No space don't know why my phone types that way.

I will need all of your contact info and will start the order process.
nein14
I'm interested in a set
DEC
email sent type.gif
nein14
Any update
mb911
At the laser cutter in cue.. They are telling me 2 weeks before they can cut as they are behind.. I need to start collecting money..
ahycaramba
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 8 2017, 04:28 AM) *

At the laser cutter in cue.. They are telling me 2 weeks before they can cut as they are behind.. I need to start collecting money..

Hi Ben, with this mount of member interested in purchasing, what is the final cost? And will it included shipping?
Thanks,
Al
mb911
QUOTE(ahycaramba @ Feb 8 2017, 04:52 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 8 2017, 04:28 AM) *

Hi Ben, with this mount of member interested in purchasing, what is the final cost? And will it included shipping?
Thanks,
Al

Al 290 shipped will be final price.
mb911
Now taking deposits in this. Orders will be processed and shipped in order of received deposits. Plan to start shipping in a few weeks

Check is preferred

M&b specialities
5171ruedebush road
Burlington wi 53105

jim912928
Just put a check in the mail for you....Jim
bahnzai
Hi Ben,
I may have missed it, but what amount do we need to send for deposit?
I did see the final dollar amount.
Thanks!
mb911
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Feb 9 2017, 02:04 PM) *

Hi Ben,
Thanks!

I was just charging 290 shipped..
Mowog4
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 10 2017, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(bahnzai @ Feb 9 2017, 02:04 PM) *

Hi Ben,
Thanks!

I was just charging 290 shipped..

A great deal, thanks for doing this
bahnzai
Check is in the mail. Thx!!
mb911
Update .

Parts are at laser cutter in cue but they are back logged 7-10 business days. But big progress.
jim912928
thanks for the update....Jim
mb911
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Laser cuts are in. Starting to work them now.
jim912928
excellent!
Michel
Ben I'll take a set also. Cheers Michel
mb911
We are working these right now.. Hoping a few sets will be done this week.
mb911
So took longer then we wanted but 5 sets done..Click to view attachment
mb911
4 sets shipped today have 2 more sets will ship next week.. I know that more have expressed interest and if you want a set please let me know as I am ordering from laser cutter tanks and heat exchangers this coming week so would like to order at the same time.
mharmon
I'll take a set
mb911
QUOTE(mharmon @ Apr 7 2017, 12:02 PM) *

I'll take a set

Email sent.
jim912928
Just received mine......excellent quality!
mb911
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Apr 13 2017, 03:59 PM) *

Great news i need to ship a couple more sets Monday..

I should probably post these in the vendor section as well.
Mowog4
Thanks Ben! Just got mine and they are spectacular. Another piece in the puzzle comes together.
ed

quote name='mb911' date='Apr 14 2017, 03:33 PM' post='2475557']
[quote name='jim912928' post='2475231' date='Apr 13 2017, 03:59 PM']
[/quote]

Great news i need to ship a couple more sets Monday..

I should probably post these in the vendor section as well.
[/quote]
mepstein
I just got my 2 sets. Great product!

Every time I have my car on the lift and someone sees Ben's heat exchangers, I get the same comment - that guy sure knows how to weld!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.