Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Featured @ PCA GPX 9/3 Breakfast in Seal Beach
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tom_T
Hi All -

My good PCA buddy Dick D. contacted me regarding his upcoming event featuring 914s as their featured car at their GPX Region Breakfast, so all you OC, Long Beach/Lakewood, South Bay/PV, & even LA & SD Teeners come on out!

UPDATE: Dick says he can handle more than 20 if we have that many, but advises to get there before 8 am to get in all together.

<snipped>
Just like OCR , Zone 8 GPX has a cone zone at the monthly breakfast.
Our next breakfast is Sept. 3 at Glory Days in Seal Beach on PCH near Main Street.
For the month of September the 914 will be featured.

> Non PCA ok.

I usually get 10 cars for the cone zone but if your 914 friends want more spaces please let me know and we can handle up to 20 cars.

>>> Please post here if you're planning to come with your 914 to display, so I can give Dick a count.

We also would like a speaker who can tell our members a story about the 914 during our meeting.
> Informal talk about 10 minutes. Tire kicking and photo opt. [i.e.: PowerPoint/Slideshow is optional]

>>> Please PM or email me: Tom T, if you're willing to be a speaker, so I can put you in touch with Dick D.

I set up at 7:30 in the parking lot and members start arriving around 8.
Breakfast usually starts at 9: 00

Please invite your 914 friends to join us.

DD in HB
<end snip>

Unfortunately I will miss this, since I'll be in Oklahoma then for business & my big annual Cherokee Ceremonies.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
sb914
I'm in.i could almost push it from my house!maybe I'll bring both!
Tom_T
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 9 2016, 07:15 PM) *

I'm in.i could almost push it from my house!maybe I'll bring both!

Don't deprive everyone of that great aircooled sound!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mike D.
I'm in. I've been a GPX member for like 20 years and never been to the Breakfast. As soon as saw the "Cone Zone" thing for 914's I put it on the calendar! smile.gif
Tom_T
I'm surprised Jim Hoyland hasn't chimed in yet!
popcorn[1].gif
Tom
///////
jim_hoyland
I'm in too; the Seal Beach venue is great
Gmanscott55
Count me in .
Tom_T
Are any of you locals willing to talk about 914s & the 914 community, 914world, events & WCR, etc.? confused24.gif

Here is their GPX August Breakfast's "356 Cone Zone" photo slider FYI -

http://gpx.pca.org/photo-gallery/breakfast...meeting-8-6-16/

It would be nice to have a large 914 turn-out for the next one in September!

popcorn[1].gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif .... Okay, okay .....

356 Cone Zone from 8/6/16 GPX Breakfast - I count 4 of you so far, with Dick saying he can accommodate 10-20 - so let's try to out-do them with more 914s!

IPB Image

Jim Hoyland "Representing" the 914 contingent at the 8/6 event!

IPB Image

Dick D. of HB is on the left, & is the "914 Cone Zone" organizer, so look for him when you get there....

IPB Image

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Heeltoe914
I will happy to attend. GPX Rules.... I am sure Mike and Leamon would be OK with sharing some Info on 914world.com
Steve
I'll be there.
Larmo63
I would love to be there if my white 914 is running then.

beer.gif
Tom_T
6 + 1 maybe from Lawrence! icon_bump.gif
Marv's3.6six
Im in.... .. . sunglasses.gif
abes914
I'll be there with a non shiny 914 driving.gif
ndfrigi
Nice it is a saturday! So I'm joining too!

Click to view attachment
BigFour1973
The race is on! I plan to be there
914-300Hemi
Count me in also.
sb914
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Aug 11 2016, 07:46 AM) *

Count me in also.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing you Ravi.
jacquot
I plan on being there with a 914.
Tom_T
12 + 1 maybe!
icon_bump.gif
Keep 'em coming folks! If we have more than 20, then I'll ask Dick if he can cordon off more spaces.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Organizer Dick D. is suggesting that all y'all get there by or before 8 am to ensure he can get in everyone as it gets toward or maybe over 20.

IIRC we had 25-30 914s at the similar OCR Breakfast "914 Cone Zone" last February, even with a few unable to make it.

FYI - It might also be an alternative to have several of you do a "pass-the-mike" mini-prez on your own 914s - "Stock to Wild" to do a quickie on say a couple of the stock 1.7/1.8/2.0 /4 & factory -6 914s, as well as say Marv's excellent 3.6 transplant & sb914's sbc V8 & Ravi's 300 Hemi V8 beast, -6 conversions, etc., etc.!?
confused24.gif idea.gif

BTW - You folks attending may also want to plan an 11-2 midday "Tops-off PCH Cruise" (take the tops off the 914s too biggrin.gif ), &/or maybe a run out to Live Oak Canyon Rd. or one of the other great OC twisty roads for after the breakfast.
driving.gif driving-girl.gif

You guys & gals can just organize that drive/cruise yourselves on here, since I'll be out of town then & am still without a running anyway!
shades.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 10 2016, 04:40 PM) *

I would love to be there if my white 914 is running then.

beer.gif

Hey Lawrence, just plan to go anyway, to visit & eat, with whatever other fun car in your current stable, even if your white 914 isn't ready yet!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(abes914 @ Aug 10 2016, 10:26 PM) *

I'll be there with a non shiny 914 driving.gif

BTW All - ALL 914s are welcome at this - shiny or not, original OE or mods! smile.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Robert21
I live in SEAL BEACH so I will be coming
sb914
Nice!!! Robert
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Robert21 @ Aug 12 2016, 04:50 PM) *

I live in SEAL BEACH so I will be coming

Great; we don't get to see your great looking 914 these days. We should be zble to pull in 20+ card for this; spread the word...

Plus, Seal Beach is a great place to visit. Main Street runs from PCH to the pier and both sides have interesting shops and eateries.
BigFour1973
Car is back on the road! Count me in.
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif

14 + 1 maybe ..... +2 maybes, if sb914 brings both of his down the block! biggrin.gif

popcorn[1].gif
sb914
icon_bump.gif
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif

Has anyone volunteered to talk to the group about 914s yet? confused24.gif

Otherwise, Dick D. - being an ex-drill Sargent - may just line all y'all up & ask for volunteers, & whomever is slowest in taking 1 step back may be elected! laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
sb914
Come on so cal peeps, next weekend!!
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif

For any last minute folks, better show up early & well before 8 am! driving-girl.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ndfrigi
bump. event for next weekend.
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 10 2016, 10:32 PM) *

Nice it is a saturday! So I'm joining too!

Click to view attachment

Looking forward to checking out this car.
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif

You guys take pix & post them here for everyone to drooley.gif over all the 914s & other P-cars. shades.gif

I won't be in town then, so feel free to just use my topic here to post them. type.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
abes914
Click to view attachment

Adding some bling before getting a wash tomorrow.

jim_hoyland
If you haven't been to Seal Beach, Glory Days is located at 620 PCH, Seal Beac, CA 90740 Located on the ocean-side of PCH next to McDonalds and Koi restaurants.

Per Tom, arrive before 8am so they can set up the cone zone; they will have coffee available.

See you there next Saturday
Tom_T
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 28 2016, 04:40 AM) *

..... they will have coffee available.

coffee.gif icon_bump.gif
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif This coming Saturday
ndfrigi
see this saturday Jim! I'm planning to remove my HE to reseal it because of leak at the head to HE. And to adjust the valve while HE is out. Or maybe postpone it and just do it next week just to make sure I can drive my car to the event. You never know what more things will come out that need fixing and will end up hanging on a jack stand for a while.

Keith914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 9 2016, 04:44 PM) *

Hi All -

My good PCA buddy Dick D. contacted me regarding his upcoming event featuring 914s as their featured car at their GPX Region Breakfast, so all you OC, Long Beach/Lakewood, South Bay/PV, & even LA & SD Teeners come on out!

UPDATE: Dick says he can handle more than 20 if we have that many, but advises to get there before 8 am to get in all together.

<snipped>
Just like OCR , Zone 8 GPX has a cone zone at the monthly breakfast.
Our next breakfast is Sept. 3 at Glory Days in Seal Beach on PCH near Main Street.
For the month of September the 914 will be featured.

> Non PCA ok.

I usually get 10 cars for the cone zone but if your 914 friends want more spaces please let me know and we can handle up to 20 cars.

>>> Please post here if you're planning to come with your 914 to display, so I can give Dick a count.

We also would like a speaker who can tell our members a story about the 914 during our meeting.
> Informal talk about 10 minutes. Tire kicking and photo opt. [i.e.: PowerPoint/Slideshow is optional]

>>> Please PM or email me: Tom T, if you're willing to be a speaker, so I can put you in touch with Dick D.

I set up at 7:30 in the parking lot and members start arriving around 8.
Breakfast usually starts at 9: 00

Please invite your 914 friends to join us.

DD in HB
<end snip>

Unfortunately I will miss this, since I'll be in Oklahoma then for business & my big annual Cherokee Ceremonies.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

I plan to be there with my 914.
banananose914
+1
sb914
"Nice"banana
Larmo63
I'll be there, with or without car.

See you there!

beerchug.gif
sb914
Cool Lawrence,sea ya there!
sb914
Come on down tburt
Coondog
Going to be in San Fran...... sad.gif
Gmanscott55
I will be there. shades.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Aug 29 2016, 06:05 PM) *

+1

Sir Jim, is it the white 6 or the tangerine/orange 6 you are bringing? hehehe I know the newly built body from Kent is still in the process. See you this saturday!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.