Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: piston ring set 96mm 2 x 2 x 5 Where to buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Optimusglen
New rings and a light hone are going in my project, started looking around at my go-to for type 4's and it looks like AA doesnt carry this set. Any recommendations for another vendor?
TheCabinetmaker
You can buy directly from Hastings
Jetsetsurfshop
Call Hasting. I just installed oil rings from them this morning. 96mm too.
Bulldog9
European Motor works sells them too.
Optimusglen
Found em, thanks all!
Mark Henry
KB's are 2mm x 2mm x 4.75mm
Optimusglen
What does KB stand for?

Looks as if my pistons are NPR, and European Motor works sells a set of 2 x 2 x 5 marked as NPR. Couldn't find a set that matches that on Hastings website but I didn't call so maybe they can set me up.

having never done rings, I assume that 4.75 in a 5mm groove is a no-no.
maf914
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Aug 10 2016, 06:29 AM) *

What does KB stand for?

Keith Black? shades.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Aug 10 2016, 10:29 AM) *

What does KB stand for?

Looks as if my pistons are NPR, and European Motor works sells a set of 2 x 2 x 5 marked as NPR. Couldn't find a set that matches that on Hastings website but I didn't call so maybe they can set me up.

That's why I put that up there, everyone who stated Hastings assumed you had KB's, Keith Black pistons.
I knew you had either measured wrong or had a different piston. And yes a 4.75mm ring in a 5mm groove would be bad.

Deves makes a 2 x 2 x 5mm set, you can get them through aircooled.net
http://vwparts.aircooled.net/DEVES-Piston-...es-96-2-2-5.htm
Optimusglen
Most excellent, thank you!
porschetub
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Aug 10 2016, 12:25 PM) *

New rings and a light hone are going in my project, started looking around at my go-to for type 4's and it looks like AA doesnt carry this set. Any recommendations for another vendor?

Are the ones you need for AA pistons ?,I contacted them some time ago several times and they didn't reply or list the rings I needed,I think they use other makers ring sets.

Edit.....have read above replies,cheers.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 10 2016, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Aug 10 2016, 10:29 AM) *

What does KB stand for?

That's why I put that up there, everyone who stated Hastings assumed you had KB's, Keith Black pistons.
I knew you had either measured wrong or had a different piston. And yes a 4.75mm ring in a 5mm groove would be bad.

Deves makes a 2 x 2 x 5mm set, you can get them through aircooled.net
http://vwparts.aircooled.net/DEVES-Piston-...es-96-2-2-5.htm

You are exactly right mark. Just assumed. Thanks
porschetub
Good price for a quality ring set,but I seem to remember on many instances engine builders on Pelican having issues with these rings not bedding in properly,or is that just 911 engines... confused24.gif .
Many say genuine or Goetze for the 911,would the 914 be that different?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.