Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog light mod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
Can some one please measure the distance between the center of the fog light and the center of the mounting tab hole. Hopefully this photo that I found here on 914 world will help depict the dimension that I need.
Click to view attachment
raynekat
On my 1971, it's right at 3.5"....possibly a hair less.
Should get you in the ball park.
Harpo
Based on that dimension this is what I came up with. I think that I will make the body mount half of my bracket a slot.
Click to view attachment
Harpo
For those of you that have already back dated your bumpers & fog lights how did you attach the fog light to the body? Unless someone has a better idea I will most likely use a rivet nut.

http://avkfasteners.com/products.RN.php
Harpo
Here is the bracket I made with the dimensions provided by reyneckat.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Very nicely done.
Harpo
I borrowed a rivnut tool from work to install the Ric nuts for my fog lampsClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
amfab
Can you post final install picts and how you like them?

Thanks

-Andrew
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Harpo @ Aug 20 2016, 12:18 PM) *

Here is the bracket I made with the dimensions provided by reyneckat.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Nice but.... holy overkill batman! biggrin.gif
jmill
He's in Detroit. Everything needs to be tough there.
Harpo
QUOTE(jmill @ Nov 25 2016, 04:50 PM) *

Haha I'm currently in Jamaica. I will try to post photos tomorrow

David
sb914
QUOTE(Harpo @ Nov 26 2016, 07:10 AM) *

QUOTE(jmill @ Nov 25 2016, 04:50 PM) *

Haha I'm currently in Jamaica. I will try to post photos tomorrow

David

smoke.gif nice job man
Harpo
Small quantities of Ganja have been legalized last year on Bob Marley's birthday
boxstr
CAMP914 fog light brackets, stainless steel. $15.00 the pair shipped in the conus.
Craig at CAMP
Rleog
I don't see these brackets listed on the Camp914 website.
Harpo
Very nice Craig. This would have made my life a lot easier than making my own. Also yours appear to have more adjustability

David
boxstr
Harpo thanks, I would have been happy to supply you with a couple of brackets. I include these with the Pilot Driving Lites that I sell on the CAMP 914 site. But I have a few extra so I thought I would add this post to let people know that they are available separate. I can always take this to the classifieds.
Craig at CAMP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.