Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rites of Passage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aveale
Is there a medal/patch/diploma/sticker/frisbee that you get after your first engine drop?

If so [B]send one over[SIZE=1] cause I did it!!!!!!

Question - is it alot harder to put the bugger back in?

Thanx for the hand-holding!!

T
tat2dphreak
no, you just get the personal satisfaction of saying "I did that, yo!"

I think it's easier to put one back in, than take one out...

we're here for the hand holding...

beerchug.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (aveale @ Apr 13 2005, 02:04 PM)
Question - is it alot harder to put the bugger back in?

no - you just roll the car over onto its roof and the engine drops right in.

seriously - congratulations.

on the way out, your engine will have a way of reminding you if you forgot to disconnect something. it will have ways of reminding you if you forget to *re-*connect something too - especially if it's something like an oil line...

just keep chanting the famous Clymer mantra: "installation is the reverse of removal."
TheCabinetmaker
I just drink another beer when its out, and have a cigar when it fires back up.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Apr 13 2005, 11:33 AM)
on the way out, your engine will have a way of reminding you if you forgot to disconnect something. it will have ways of reminding you if you forget to *re-*connect something too - especially if it's something like an oil line...

laugh.gif Ground strap on the trans laugh.gif Those suckers would hold up the whole car! lol2.gif
davep
QUOTE (aveale @ Apr 13 2005, 11:04 AM)
Is there a medal/patch/diploma/sticker/frisbee that you get after your first engine drop?

Yeah, you get a "BTDT 914 engine drop" certificate. Installation is just about as easy.
Rand
aveale: Kudos! Props for taking the plunge! The virutal cirtificate is yours. Way to go. There's plenty of support around here for the next steps.
nebreitling
congrats!

i think it's a little harder to put back in, just because you have to line everything up correctly. still a one-person job if you're carefull and take your time...

good work smile.gif
TravisNeff
The key is beer, the more you drink - well taking it out seems a little scary, but enough beer and you won't remember it even going back in. Then figuring out the next day that you put it in backwards or upside down beer3.gif
TJB/914
The problem with putting the engine back, is your memory goes bad after 5-yrs. Where do all these hookups go???? Make it a 1-yr project.

Tom
Bruce Allert
vsg914 Posted on Apr 13 2005, 12:37 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just drink another beer when its out, and have a cigar when it fires back up.

Ah-yup agree.gif

Travis Neff Posted on Apr 13 2005, 02:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The key is beer, the more you drink  

A-yup again agree.gif I remember my first time. Man, what a feeling of accomplishment... especially when it started beer.gif

Good Job Buddy wavey.gif

....b
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 13 2005, 01:40 PM)
The problem with putting the engine back, is your memory goes bad after 5-yrs. Where do all these hookups go???? Make it a 1-yr project.

Tom

Or "This engine shelf thing doesn't look that hard to replace." laugh.gif

"If I replace that, then I will want to paint the engine bay,,,,,, pull the wiring loom, fuel lines, weatherstripping...." ohmy.gif It never ends! laugh.gif
jr91472
YO bud!!! good to hear from ya!! wavey.gif

Congrats on the pull smilie_pokal.gif

my experience has been that most things on these cars are easier than you think it will be. so just keep going.

The only danger you are in now is getting the car off jack stands before next winter. One thing just keeps leading to another.

later
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.