Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing the FI Control Unit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPA914
Does anybody offer this service? I've replaced/checked a LOT of ignition, fuel system, and FI components on my '74 2.0 and my engine is still running really rough. I know these don't fail often, but I really would like to rule it out.

BTW, please don't make me rehash every little thing I've replaced in trying to fix this problem. I'm asking a very specific question here. The title of this thread is not "What's wrong with my Djet?" or "What can I try next?" Thank you.
porschetub
Member Jeff Bowlsby does them I think,have you done a basic continuity test on the loom? ,this will rule out any broken wires inside it.
Tom_T
I'm not sure that Jeff does anything with the ECU's, but he does do rebuilt engine bay harnesses & the relay boards.

Fuel Injection Corp. does do rebuilds/core-swap of the ECU, & has done them under a predecssor company originally down in the LA/South Bay area since the `70's (I had one of theirs doen back in the late 70's or early 80's).

Try contacting them here:

https://www.fuelinjectioncorp.com/

Also FYI - here's Jeff's link for harnesses etc. here:

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/

Between a chat with Jeff & the FIC folks, you should be able to scope it down.

Also, if someone else on here has the Anders EFI troubleshooting site link, please post it for the OP, since my bookmarks were lost & I don't have time to hunt for it now. Jeff may have a link to it on his website too, or PM him for it.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Java2570
QUOTE(JPA914 @ Aug 19 2016, 02:28 PM) *

Does anybody offer this service? I've replaced/checked a LOT of ignition, fuel system, and FI components on my '74 2.0 and my engine is still running really rough. I know these don't fail often, but I really would like to rule it out.

BTW, please don't make me rehash every little thing I've replaced in trying to fix this problem. I'm asking a very specific question here. The title of this thread is not "What's wrong with my Djet?" or "What can I try next?" Thank you.

If you want to verify your ECU, try swapping it for someone's known good unit. While I'm sure someone (perhaps Jeff Bowlsby, not sure) could test it, it seems very unlikely that an ECU would cause a rough running condition. Without knowing the condition of your engine mechanically, the condition of your wiring, and what things you've swapped or replaced...your issue could be caused by many things. Here's the link to Anders D Jet site in case you've not seen it....http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
JPA914
Thanks for all the replies. I tried contacting Jeff on his website and by PM but he didn't respond so I assume he doesn't offer this service. I'm familiar with the Anders site and have used it extensively in my troubleshooting. Great resource!

I think I'm just going to have to take this car in to a shop. I can check for continuity on the harness, as this is about the only thing I haven't tried. But all the insulation is still pliable and in good shape so I really doubt that is the problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.