Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you do for the throttle cable on a suby swap?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
as the title says how do u connect a throttle cable to the suby engine?
Mike Bellis
Connect it to the throttle body... biggrin.gif

Not sure about a Subie but I had to make a custom cable for all of my conversions except the latest one. There is no throttle cable on my Audi conversion...
A&P Mech
I used the stock 914 throttle cable and fabricated a couple of brackets. Here are a few pictures. It is a bit dark in the garage right now so I took the pictures using a flashlight.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
partwerks
I think mine had a barrel nut holding the end, if that is what you are referring to?
76-914
I like A&P's, God damned show off. biggrin.gif Terry Cable (800-854-4691) will make you one. Ask for Able. It's a longer 914 cable. The cable is about 3-4" longer while the sheath remains stock, IIRC. Do this; place your stock cable as it will be in use then measure how short it is. They will ship it with a barrel nut. Order it a little on the long side. You can trim off the extra.
I saw another approach (maybe ChrisH's) where the stock Suby cable was used on the TB side then attached to the stock cable via a swedgelock fitting.
A&P Mech
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 20 2016, 11:03 AM) *

I like A&P's, God damned show off. biggrin.gif Terry Cable (800-854-4691) will make you one. Ask for Able. It's a longer 914 cable. The cable is about 3-4" longer while the sheath remains stock, IIRC. Do this; place your stock cable as it will be in use then measure how short it is. They will ship it with a barrel nut. Order it a little on the long side. You can trim off the extra.
I saw another approach (maybe ChrisH's) where the stock Suby cable was used on the TB side then attached to the stock cable via a swedgelock fitting.

Kent, someone one here has heat and AC in his conversion. I think he might be my hero and a bigger show off! biggrin.gif So why aren't you and Chris H coming to the RRC? We sure could use a few more outlaws. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.