Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear rims hot; venting clearance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dutchdriver
Hi all, I just changed front and rear brake pads. I've bled the system just in case and also set venting clearance for rear brakes at 0,10 mm. Haynes manual specifies 0,20mm, but online I've read 0,10mm is fine. After a normal drive of around 15 mins, I've noticed both rear rims are hot, front rims arent. Is this normal or do I need to recheck venting clearance?
BillC
I would guess that you need to re-set the rear clearance. It sounds like your rear pads are dragging.
rgalla9146
E brake cable action and adjustment too.
stugray
Three things could cause the rears to drag:
1 - misadjusted venting clearance
2 - Ebrake cable too tight
3 - Old swollen flex lines

Did you replace the flex lines when you did the pads?
The linings can swell and pinch the flow of brake fluid.
Fluid goes in under high pressure, but wont come out leaving the calipers dragging.
relentless
Did you set the clearance at the tightest place on the circumference of the disc? There is always a bit of wobble even on new discs.
Dutchdriver
Thanks guys. Yep, I did set clearance on the most narrow part, flex lines are only couple months old. I did not check e brake, gonna check that and cleatance tomorrow. I did bleeding after setting clearance, now thinking it was stupid not to recheck the clearance afterwards...
TheCabinetmaker
Not stupid, but definitely wrong sequence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.