Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wish me luck. I'm driving the Alien
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Gint
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Apr 19 2005, 07:57 AM)
Hey All!

Checking in from North Platte. I got a room last night. I was ahead of schedule. No issues with the car yet other than I need an "H" gear and My back is killing me. Temp is steady at 165 deg.

My phone went dead. So don't panic if you can't reach me this morning. I'll get it charged as I'm driving. Internet in my room didn't work. I'm in the sales office at the hotel. Starting out to Denver now. Here's goes nothing. screwy.gif

assimilate.gif

Cool. I'm glad you took the opportunity to get a good night's rest. And I have a report to do for work that will take several hours this morning anyway. According to MapQuest, your 256 miles away. 3 hours or so down 76. Easy cruise.

I expect to hear from Rusty and Pam any minute now.
Joe Bob
Safe driving....hey I know of an H gear trans with an LSD.... cool_shades.gif
seanery
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 19 2005, 09:38 AM)
Safe driving....hey I know of an H gear trans with an LSD.... cool_shades.gif

He'll need you to crack it open to verify that it is indeed an H gear AND an LSD. laugh.gif
Joe Bob
That's OK...I have a non invasive Trans crack test as well....
CptTripps
He'll need you to crack it open to verify that it is indeed an H gear AND an LSD.

...and then tell you to shove it up your ass!

...and then Z will have us all calling Rick calling him an asshole.

...sounds like a party!
Joe Bob
Triple post numbnutz.... flipa.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 19 2005, 07:13 AM)

Eeewww Mike! Must be one of those CA things....huh. Better than finding out when you get back to the hotel I guess. huh.gif

Rick and all of the "west-bounders", have a safe trip!! driving.gif

seanery
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 19 2005, 07:13 AM)

...been hangin' out in West Hollywood lately, mikey? w00t.gif
Gint
Rick made it this far. The alien is on the lift as I type. No real issues or anything, just torqueing and chacking bolts and oil leaks.

We had a nice lunch with Mark (914mf), Pam, Rusty, Rick my wife Sharon and myself. Rysty and Pam are on the their way back to Kansas.
Series9
Unbelievable! smilie_pokal.gif Nice job Rick.

Scott and Teri are due about 5pm MDT.

You guys are my motivation to drive the RS, but I'll have support if I break.

The two of you get the huge brass balls award for the WCC05.
CptTripps
Just got off with Rick...he and Gint are at the hardware store getting some odds and ends.

Says the fastest he's had it is 80mph..."It's REALLY singing at that speed...I need a taller 5th."

Z: Said he can't afford the tranny AND the trip. biggrin.gif
914MF
Had a wonderful time meeting Rusty, Pam, and Rick. Got a short ride in the Alien. WOW. I hope that they continue to have good luck on their trips. mueba.gif
Gint
Hey Mark, Rick said he really owes you for the deck lid. We swapped the lids out and Rick is washing up the alien now.
914MF
I am just happy to have helped the Alien asimilate more parts assimilate.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (914MF @ Apr 19 2005, 06:05 PM)
I am just happy to have helped the Alien asimilate more parts assimilate.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif

Hey thanks again! We rubbed some hand glaze on it and it's good to go! clap.gif
Gint
I just sent Rick off in the alien. It fired right up. Looked great too in the dim street light after the wash job the night before.
Series9
The eastern caravan departs ABQ in one hour....
neo914-6
Bon Voyage! burnout.gif
Ferg
Happy trails, Rick!
Wish I could of made it out, but those dark clouds made me turn back.
Have i mentioned how jealous i am of everyone going to wcc this year, I had such a good time last year, and you can bet i'll be at 2006's.
Ferg.
Scott S
It was nice to meet you rick.
Cooooooooool ride. smilie_pokal.gif

Safe travels - will we see you on the return trip?
Scott S
MJHanna
This is kind of a where is Waldo (Rick) thread. mueba.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Apr 19 2005, 08:44 PM)
Hey thanks again! We rubbed some hand glaze on it and it's good to go!

Is that like the hair gel in "Something about Mary"?

w00t.gif laugh.gif chairfall.gif happy11.gif monkeydance.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Apr 15 2005, 05:14 AM)
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 15 2005, 05:09 AM)
BTW: AAA-Plus is $94 a year, and you get up to 4 100mi tows per year.

From the AAA web site..." (Your AAA PLUS emergency roadside benefits are in effect upon receipt of your permanent membership card.)  " They'll FedEX it to you for $10. Sign up today, and you'll have it tomorrow. WELL worth the $100 IMHO.

I went to the web site. I did a search and discovered we have a local AAA office here intown. I'm going there today to sign up.

Did you get the 100 mile service? In Cali the rules are:
Eligibility
1. You must be a CSAA Member for one year or more.
2. You may only upgrade at the time of renewal.
3. No more than 4 Emergency Road Service calls for your household in the past 12 months.
4. No towing services used by your household in the past 12 months.
mad.gif
Joe Bob
It's 4 tows per CARD....I always use the wife's card first....her car never breaks down....I average 6 tows a year with my heaps and whatever I buy that's not running.....
VegasRacer
QUOTE (MJHanna @ Apr 20 2005, 09:44 AM)
This is kind of a where is Waldo (Rick) thread. mueba.gif

** Update ** News Flash ** I talked to Rick about an hour ago. He is on I-15 heading south. He should be in Vegas soon. Said his cell phone battery is going dead. ** End of Report **
Gint
Wow. I wonder what held him up. Must be sight seeing. LOL He should have been there 2 hours ago even at the speed limit.
CptTripps
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 20 2005, 05:17 PM)
It's 4 tows per CARD....I always use the wife's card first....her car never breaks down....I average 6 tows a year with my heaps and whatever I buy that's not running.....

I thought I was the first genius to thik of that! I used hers to get the Junkster here from Columbus. I've got 3 left before I have to breeak into mine...she's got an '05 Saab...and BETTER not need it!

I made a 'backup' copy of her card number with my name...the beauty of owning a gift card network, is LOTS of card-printing machines and assorted cards. biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 20 2005, 02:17 PM)

hmmm, didn't think to pay the extra $15 for her card... idea.gif
VegasRacer
Rick and the Alien are in Vegas.
See the Eastern Cravan & Hofbrauhaus threads for updates.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.