Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Chumpcar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
ThePaintedMan
Oh yeah Tony, I was more just thinking out loud. Anyhow, if you come down in the Winter, please let us know! I would not miss seeing your car at Sebring and Shane and I could probably give you some track support if not a couple tips here and there. I know when we talked before you were worried about it, but it's not as bad as people make it seem. I think it's a hoot to drive and a different challenge than most tracks. Not to mention, it's hallowed ground where the likes of Foyt, Andretti, Gurney, McQueen, and so many others tossed cars around smile.gif

I'd say low 20s would be pretty reasonable for the first time out. If you got it hooked up over the bumps and let it hang out, might be even be looking at the teens. driving.gif
Cracker
I'll give plenty of notice George...thanks. I could hand deliver my gifts to you that way too... beerchug.gif

Tony
dchunk911
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Sep 11 2016, 12:52 PM) *

Here we go again.

Shane

Are you interested in selling the 209 car?

Jeff Burck

Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(dchunk911 @ Apr 3 2017, 02:17 AM) *

Here we go again.

Shane

Jeff Burck

Hey Jeff,
The 209 has been apart of me for about 10 years now. I can honesty say that I have never thought about selling it. If I ever got tired of racing I'd drive it up to George (Paintedman) and let him thrash it for a while before I would what it back.
I'm assuming that you think the car is still banged up, it is not. I've been to two more weekend after our misfortune at last years Chump race. We will be at it again this year, hunting for a top spot again. first.gif
Also watch the classified board. Some good stuff pops up there every once and a while.
I'll include a updated picture. It looks a little different now.
Shane
Jetsetsurfshop
driving.gif
Jetsetsurfshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN_h56aZZsM

HA! Did it. I always forget how to embed a video.
Car tracks nice and straight after our shunt.
Check me out, ignoring the shift light. huh.gif
dchunk911
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Apr 6 2017, 09:10 AM) *

QUOTE(dchunk911 @ Apr 3 2017, 02:17 AM) *

Here we go again.

Shane

Jeff Burck

Hey Jeff,
The 209 has been apart of me for about 10 years now. I can honesty say that I have never thought about selling it. If I ever got tired of racing I'd drive it up to George (Paintedman) and let him thrash it for a while before I would what it back.
I'm assuming that you think the car is still banged up, it is not. I've been to two more weekend after our misfortune at last years Chump race. We will be at it again this year, hunting for a top spot again. first.gif
Also watch the classified board. Some good stuff pops up there every once and a while.
I'll include a updated picture. It looks a little different now.
Shane

Nice, I like it!!!
ThePaintedMan
Car is beautiful - Shane and Keith did a great job getting her back together. It was a hoot to drive last time and I look forward to it again someday.

The only problem is they painted it orange and blue mad.gif

Everyone knows it would be much faster and win more often in garnet and gold! chair.gif
Fastmover
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Apr 6 2017, 09:21 AM) *

Jetsetsurfshop,
can I pick your brain in regards to your teener in chump? I'm preparing one right now for the the 24hr chump at VIR this august.

I see you have some things I'm considering.

Great video and the 914 seems to behave as I anticipated it would!
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(Fastmover @ Jun 28 2017, 06:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Apr 6 2017, 09:21 AM) *

Jetsetsurfshop,
can I pick your brain in regards to your teener in chump? I'm preparing one right now for the the 24hr chump at VIR this august.

I see you have some things I'm considering.

Great video and the 914 seems to behave as I anticipated it would!

Do you have some simple questions I could answer here?
Or you could PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call.
driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.