Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing seats on the Frame?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
I just received my new Renegade Seats to replace the after market seats and I am having trouble getting the seats to slide smoothly on the frame. The states are binding on the frame. Is there a specific width that the rails have to be adjusted on the seat. I really need some help on this one.

Thank you. Dan.

Cracker
I don't quite understand the exact problem...take a picture and share? I had a 914 with the renegade seats (really comfy too!) and they were fully adjustable with no binding.

Tony

QUOTE(dgraves @ Sep 18 2016, 05:20 PM) *

I just received my new Renegade Seats to replace the after market seats and I am having trouble getting the seats to slide smoothly on the frame. The states are binding on the frame. Is there a specific width that the rails have to be adjusted on the seat. I really need some help on this one.

Thank you. Dan.

tygaboy
One of my seats (stock) was tough to slide. Seemed to be binding. I pulled everything out and determined the frame that bolts to the floor was bent. $25 at the local Porsche salvage yard for a replacement and all's well.
dgraves
The frame doesn't seem to be bent. I've leveled the sliders on the seat to make sure that the slider frames are level back to front. I sand blasted the frame and the slider so the metal on metal is smooth. Should I be greasing this?
dgraves
The frame doesn't seem to be bent. I've leveled the sliders on the seat to make sure that the slider frames are level back to front. I sand blasted the frame and the slider so the metal on metal is smooth. Should I be greasing this?quote name='Cracker' date='Sep 18 2016, 03:39 PM' post='2400071']
I don't quite understand the exact problem...take a picture and share? I had a 914 with the renegade seats (really comfy too!) and they were fully adjustable with no binding.

Tony

[quote name='dgraves' post='2400064' date='Sep 18 2016, 05:20 PM']

Thank you. Dan.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Mike Bellis
Have you measured to make sure the rails are square (parallel) to each other?
dgraves
Thanks for the feedback. I finally tracked down a 1/16 of an inch bend in one rail. It's now sliding...but have another question. See the attached photo. Is this the correct location for this large relay on a '74 beneath the passenger seat. It seems that the seat is possibly hitting this.
Cracker
Good to hear...with 914's, it usually something like "that"! Regarding the relay...I don't know - I have a race car and don't have that part. Sorry.

Tony
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(dgraves @ Sep 20 2016, 09:25 PM) *

Thanks for the feedback. I finally tracked down a 1/16 of an inch bend in one rail. It's now sliding...but have another question. See the attached photo. Is this the correct location for this large relay on a '74 beneath the passenger seat. It seems that the seat is possibly hitting this.

Yes that is the correct spot for that relay.
Mike Bellis
Yank the relay and connect the two large yellow wires (starter) together. Unless you like the seatbelt warning system...
dgraves
Mike, so all the wires on the large relay are associated with the seat belts except the two large yellow ones? Really?

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 20 2016, 11:29 PM) *

Yank the relay and connect the two large yellow wires (starter) together. Unless you like the seatbelt warning system...

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(dgraves @ Sep 21 2016, 09:06 PM) *

Mike, so all the wires on the large relay are associated with the seat belts except the two large yellow ones? Really?

The relay interrupts the starter unless the seatbelts are fastened. Many time the system fails and you are stranded wondering why it won't crank.
dgraves
Many thanks, Mike.

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 21 2016, 10:38 PM) *

QUOTE(dgraves @ Sep 21 2016, 09:06 PM) *

The relay interrupts the starter unless the seatbelts are fastened. Many time the system fails and you are stranded wondering why it won't crank.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.