fsgsd
kermit
adffg
kermit
gdsfd
kermit
gdgdsg
kermit
Here's Nathan, showing that youth and talent can sometimes be faster than experience and treachery.
The slacker was too busy swapping tires and batteries in the morning, so he missed the morning runs. But with only three afternoon runs (and not walking the course), he posted some pretty hot times.

aktion035.gif
J P Stein
I'm looking for an open weekend to get down that way for an AX. I see that Redwood has a non conflicting date on the 23rd of July....plus, my car should be done by then rolleyes.gif

Where is the venue...somethin' I can look up on mapquest?
Their website ain't much help cept for dates.
Brad Roberts
Um... JP.. may I suggest you show up to a Alameda event ?? RR region site leaves something to be desired. On Sat. they had 3-4 OFF course excursions. It is the only venue we have that you can totally "F" your car up. Just a suggestion.

B
Steve_7x
***** My first Opportunity to chime in ******

Brad,

You were a total life saver on Saturday. Without your connections and help my weekend would have been a bust. I was sizing up packing up and heading home shortly before you cam sauntering down the grid line. You are a true champion!!! smilie_pokal.gif

I owe you big time. beer.gif It is to bad you could not be at dinner with us on Saturday!

Kudos to Mike for stepping in and getting the failed m/c out of the car. Your proactiveness made the re-install go a lot faster, and allowed Joy and I to at least have our afternoon run. Thank You.

You and the others truly show the spirit of Porsche and 914 ownership and comraderie!
You are the real winners of this past weekend! clap.gif

I would also like to add that Redwood region did a heck of a job hosting this two day event. A very big tip of the hat to them. The event was fun, low key and yet the competition was there. There isn't a wine glass emoticon for the Wine Country guys... so I will have to make due with this one! beerchug.gif Thank You!

Steve
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 17 2005, 09:33 AM)
Trekkor showing us how it is done. He did really well. A few more events and Trekk will will have a handle on his new found power.

B

Dang Trekkor what you set that air gap set at for the right front tire. Cool aktion035.gif
nebreitling
just got back home this morning...

it was a good weekend, despite my truck breaking down on the way up sunday (and back numerous times -- ignition control module went out), making me late, then missing the driver's meeting, then getting fairly chewed out and not being let run in the AM. did well in one of my 3 runs, though... i don't think RR likes me very much... lol... they asked me NOT to work on sunday afternoon, but rather pack my shit up (i guess i'm slow) so as not to 'hold them up'. lol, oh well. sorry, RR.

track was more fun on sunday, or maybe it was that my tires were sticking better after their first day! still awaiting definitive air pressure guidance... new engine did great, although i REALLY think i need a rev-limiter and a tach that works

all the 914 guys did really well. trekkor REALLY smoothed out on sunday and brought his times down. howard just went damn fast all day sunday. we missed you on sunday, grant -- btw, got those pics of my wheels lifting? pray.gif

good times, good sunburns..
ppickerell
Yea I got the rayban racoon eyes myself. Forgot sunscreen and Hat.
Randal
Here is a link to a google map of the site.

My Webpage

The grass was very high in places, so you couldn't see around all the corners. Lots of time was lost if you didn't turn in before the corner opened up, i.e., the reason for walking the course and figuring out where to turn in based upon some landmark.

Anybody keep a map of the course flow?
Brad Roberts
Here you go.. they dont have to hit the link now.

B
Brad Roberts
This was Saturday... ha ha

B
Trekkor
That overhead shot is great, thanks.

KT
Randal

As course workers, Pat Costin and I were standing at the end of that little road where Brad's arrow on the right side is pointing.

Great position to check everyone’s lines going into that next corner. Just a few people, in this run group, got the right line, which was pulling way to the left before taking a very late apex going right. You could just see the difference in speed when they exited that corner for the short straight.

Terry Zarconi (SP?) in his red 911, some guy in a 996 and Grant, driving the blue 914.

When I told Terry about his great line he said, "I have to find some way out there to carry momentum."
J P Stein
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 17 2005, 10:56 PM)
Um... JP.. may I suggest you show up to a Alameda event ?? RR region site leaves something to be desired. On Sat. they had 3-4 OFF course excursions. It is the only venue we have that you can totally "F" your car up. Just a suggestion.

B

Thanks Brad, but thr kid & I would like to avoid driving into the
SanFran area from Yuba city. The one in Stockton looked like a possibility, but don't *seem* to have anything after the May 8 jobbie till September......we have an AX on May 8 also and I would like to get some butt time before going afield.

All I really wanna do is come down & see iff'n I can scare some of your local hot dogs biggrin.gif I learnt last yeat not to expect to beat the local guys at their venue when Eric Fry kicked my ass at Bremerton. Local guys learn the patterns that designers at a venue fall into.....even I'm tough at home biggrin.gif

If I was worried about "offs" I'd keep the car in the garage, tho I didn't like the sound of gravel hitting Trekkor's car in that vid....even with his hardball tires biggrin.gif

I ain't ruling out either GGR or PLR.....just lookin for alternatives.
Trekkor
Some people tape the inside edges of their fenders to protect the paint.

I really like this venue. fast course. Challenging. Nice scenery, too.

They usually have thirty drivers.

They spent a little time sweeping the gravel aside. wink.gif

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (Randal @ Apr 18 2005, 05:16 PM)

As course workers, Pat Costin and I were standing at the end of that little road where Brad's arrow on the right side is pointing.

Great position to check everyone’s lines going into that next corner. Just a few people, in this run group, got the right line, which was pulling way to the left before taking a very late apex going right. You could just see the difference in speed when they exited that corner for the short straight.

Terry Zarconi (SP?) in his red 911, some guy in a 996 and Grant, driving the blue 914.

When I told Terry about his great line he said, "I have to find some way out there to carry momentum."

Yeah thats one corner I had nailed pretty well. I figured I was making some time on faster cars there based on watching everyone go through there.
grantsfo
My editing program isnt working so I loaded large images on my FTP server

Trekkor smoking the last corner:

http://home.earthlink.net/~grantsfo/Picture%20004.jpg

Nathan lifting front wheel:

http://home.earthlink.net/~grantsfo/Pictur...0010_edited.jpg

grantsfo

Nathan finishing his fastest time of the day on Saturday! I'm sure the start/finish flag guy was excited to see you coming though the lights sideways!

http://home.earthlink.net/~grantsfo/Pictur...0020_edited.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.