Me
My son
Nathan B
McMark
Dean in his stunning 356
Trek
B

Many other familiar faces on a beautiful Cali day
My son and I ran the Boxster S and the C4S as our teeners are currently non-op. Here is my boy applying numbers:
ppickerell
McMadmaxmark's stealth ride
ppickerell
Trek1
ppickerell
Trek2
ppickerell
teen1
ppickerell
teen2
ppickerell
teen3
ppickerell
Dean in good form
ppickerell
Black beauty
ppickerell
His wing couldn't save him so tiptoe thru the tulips he went. A 360 and 30 yards of off through the wildflowers.
ppickerell
Uhhh, watch out for the bees
ppickerell
gtlid as 2nd spoiler
ppickerell
whoops! My son was running a white boxster today, but he swears that this is someone else.
ppickerell
intersesting line considering a sharp left is right up ahead
ppickerell
Whoa nelly!
ppickerell
BADASS 911S
ppickerell
Big turnout, only 5 runs as a result. I ran a 37.110 which was competitive for the 996-997 stock guys. My son was a little frustrated with the Boxster today but he looked smooth to me. Loved the new ride. Nothing like waiting until the last minute and mashing on the brakes and hauling that thing down from speed. Still missing my teener, but memory is fading fast........
sixnotfour
Looks like a great place for an Autocross.

Is the Orange 911 , the guy they call the flying wrench, mechanic / autocrosser ?
Likes Zenith carbs, VW Porsche mag years ago.

Can't remember his name headbang.gif
ppickerell
I didn't meet him, but here's a picture of his rear
ppickerell
It was an interesting venue. People parachuting in all day, suicidal rabbits, creative driving techniques, wildflowers everywhere. Hot sun, I am crispy as I forgot my hat. Course was quite intuitive, no guessing about where the next turn was. Course for me was very short. I like the longer courses. Firday night we stayed in the old district of Santa Rosa off of Railroad which has some great restaraunts. I would have stayed and raced tomorrow but im goin fishin.
McMark
Fun fun fun. My first time out and it was a blast. I'm tempted to come back tomorrow, but work beckons... driving.gif
Mueller
thanks for the pictures.....looked like a blast...I like that course, I've only been there once, I look forward to going there again.....had to work today, got here at 8am and I probebly won't leave until 1am or 2am....
ppickerell
As far as I know, a 914 (Steve N) was TTOD at 33 something. I thought I had a 35 and was all bragging it up to my son and I misread it and it was a 38! dry.gif
grantsfo
Great day! I thought I was going to beat Trekkor after a fast run but he got me in the PM runs. Nathan was flying in his new car no chance of touching his times. Great spin accross the line for Nathan on his best time too. Funniest thing was when I was watching a red 914-4 and he was getting into 3 rd gear before anyone else. I assumed it was a modified gearbox. Nope he had a 2.3 in the car.

I ran a 36.5.

Will post my pictures Sunday
Randal
I didn't meet him, but here's a picture of his rear

That is Pat Costin's 911. In the morning session he had top time of day, with me in the car.

I won't mention his speed on the straight, as this was an autox (right), but trust me this car is really FAST. I couldn't stop smiling.

And Pat is an exceptional driver.

Next time you see Pat, introduce yourself. He is one of the world's nicest people.

He is the past President of the Reno Chapter of PCA. He usually organizes the Reno AutoX event, which was a bust this year, but we are going to get him some help next year. Right Brad?

Brad also saved the day for another notable driver in our club. Not one but two major problems were solved by Mr. Roberts. I'm sure Steve is very happy now that he has probably found the problem that has been causing him problems for some. Great for Steve, but bad for the rest of us.

Unbelievable beautiful day. Way to perfect.
Randal
Pat's car -
Brad Roberts
Is the Orange 911 , the guy they call the flying wrench, mechanic / autocrosser ?
Likes Zenith carbs, VW Porsche mag years ago.

Yes. That was Dwight Mitchells ex SCCA rocket ship.

What a mess. SteveN backed the blue 914 rocket ship out of the trailer and the master cylinder took a crap. Steve and I jumped in his tow vehicle and drove to St. Helena over the Guirnville grade to pick up a new MC from a fellow 914 racer/buddy of mine (Ron Wicker) I knew Ron had one in his trailer (I have spent quite a bit fo time in and out of that trailer..ha ha) Picked it up from Ron and drove back to the event site 2 hour round trip. Got the MC installed and bled... headed out on course and Steve takes TTOD on his second run (he never walked the course..he thought he was done for the weekend)

Now here is the funny part:

Coming into the last turn on his second run before the timers.. I notice the rear end starting to come around on him... he crosses the lights and we are all stunned with his TTOD so quickly. I notice him jump out of the car and start pushing. The friggin car died in the corner (which is why I saw the rear end start to come around and he corrected with the wheel) He coasted more than 50 feet to take TTOD at that time. Pushed the car back to the trailer and found NO voltage at the coil. Started tracing wires... and found a bundle shreaded RIGHT in front of the fan ..hum... his car hadnt ran well for almost a year and a half with a intermittant miss... found it. Cleaned all of the wires, installed a butt connector on the coil wire that broke and taped everything up that I could. Ran great.

SteveN took TTOD with a 32.4

B
Randal
Steve problem one - blown master cylinder - Mike Ambrozewicz jumping in to help while Brad and Steve were out locating a new MC/
Randal
Steve's problem #2 - Actually the problem that has likely been casuing his issues for some time - but now fixed.

Guess where Brad is?
Brad Roberts
People,

This is what it is all about. 914 people helping other 914 people. MikeA. didnt have to crawl underneath that car to yank the MC out... he did it becaus we have saved his ASS at other events in the past. He took the iniative and helpd out when he knew what needed to be done. He saved us a whole bunch of time.

Yesterday was a prime example of why the 914club is so strong.

B
Brad Roberts
I also wanted to thank my friend Chris at S-Car-Go in San Rafael. I called SCG and Chris answered. I told him I was looking for a 19mm MC.. they didnt have one in stock. I told him WorldPack takes Sat. orders until noon. He called them while I was talking to Ron Wicker and had one on Will Call for me at the Novato WorldPack distribution wharehouse for Marin county. So.. in less than 15 minutes... out in the middle of BFE.. I had located two brand new MC's. I called Chris back and canceled the order with WP. I felt Ron Wicker was a tad closer than Novato.

Thanks MikeA. and Chris...

B
Brad Roberts
Pics from Randal:

Brad Roberts
Fellow redneck.. NathanB. (Nate)..(Nathaniel)
Brad Roberts
Another shot of Pats orange rocket..
Brad Roberts
Trekkor showing us how it is done. He did really well. A few more events and Trekk will will have a handle on his new found power.

B
Brad Roberts
Some of the "gang"
McMark
Not to nit-pick (okay I'm nit-picking) but that's not Nathan, that's the Excellence car (de-chromed). Nathan lined up two cars behind Trekkor. What a blast. When I got out of bed this morning, I almost jumped in the car and headed out to race, but with the WCC so close, I have to go to work. Oh well.
Brad Roberts
You are correct. Nathan *wishes* his car was that nice. I always forget that guy's name. I have never seen him wear anything but sweat pants.. LOL

B
nine14cats
Sheeeettt,

Every time I hear about this I start having withdrawls... wink.gif I hope I'm able to get in a few runs this year at the end.

That's great the Steve N.'s car was finally fixed by B. That car has been missing off and on for well over a year. I bet he's pretty happy now.

Someday....Someday....

Bill P.
grantsfo
QUOTE (McMark @ Apr 17 2005, 10:07 AM)
Not to nit-pick (okay I'm nit-picking) but that's not Nathan, that's the Excellence car (de-chromed).  Nathan lined up two cars behind Trekkor.  What a blast.  When I got out of bed this morning, I almost jumped in the car and headed out to race, but with the WCC so close, I have to go to work.  Oh well.

Thats the car that was pulling 3rd gear through the first corner after start/finish. Having that much torque must be nice. I still think that car must have a lower 3rd gear than stock, but he said it was a stock gearbox. He was one of the few 914's I watched that was in 3rd gear through that section. And he was on rev limiter by about 3/4 way down the slalom. I could only dream of going that fast in 3rd in that section of yesterdays course. wacko.gif
Randal
Every time I hear about this I start having withdrawls...

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.
Brad Roberts
I was just thinking about how "scary" it is going to be with 3-4 914's vying for TTOD at EVERY event in NorCal. Should be interesting. smilie_pokal.gif

Can we kick everyones ass ?

B
Trekkor
Thanks for the pics and compliments.
Great weekend of racing. I learned a bunch from the 911 guys.

Rode shotgun with Pat Costin. That was AMAZING!!
His first run of the day had a near spin-out and miraculous recovery. Still carded a 45.xx, which was better than nearly all drivers after six runs. Cold tires, first run and 200#'s of me. He can drive.

He showed me where to put on the power.
Advice is great, seeing it is better.

Howard Yao treated me to a morning of rides and ride-alongs. Thank you for that.

he picked up better than a second in the afternoon.
( Again my 200#'s, this time removed )

KT
Trekkor
Steve
Trekkor
aktion035.gif
Trekkor
Grant
Trekkor
Grant, you were carrying the front wheel quite a bit.
This one is hard to see.
nine14cats
Yep...Steve hauls ass....it sure is fun watching him drive smilie_pokal.gif

It will be interesting to watch these guys run next year:

Steve with his lightweight small displacement 4
Randal with his lightweight Raby 4
Tom Provasi with his 3.4 Orange Crate 914-6 (if he runs the zone events)
Andrew Blyholder with his featherweight auto-x killer 4
Demick with his ode to stock FM 4 cyl car that kicks ass
Trekkor with his 914-6 soon to be pure track car ( clap.gif yeah for the sixes!)

6 cars holding up the 914 name right there!

Bill P.
chilli
BADASS 911S

Great car, Dwights old car, which I had pleasure of driving for two years.
mike driving.gif
kermit
Here are a few of my pics. Unfortunately, I was only able to take pictures in the B run group.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.