Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where do I get GOOD electrical tape
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I'm sick of crappy electrical tape
I keep throwing rolls away that probably came in a multi-pack
so they are either not sticky, or gummy... crappy crappy tape that lets go in no time

what are you guys using for quality electrical tape?
I'd like to buy some fresh stuff and stay away from the cheap crappy big box tape I seem to already have

thanks for tips
brant
'73-914kid
I avoid electrical tape like the plague. It's either heat shrink or cloth TESA tape only in my toolbox. I HATE the leftover adhesive that electrical tape always leaves behind.
Mueller
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 19 2016, 09:58 AM) *

so they are either not sticky, or gummy... crappy crappy tape that lets go in no time

I'd like to buy some fresh stuff and stay away from the cheap crappy big box tape I seem to already have

thanks for tips
brant

Scotch brand, Super33+
Mueller
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 19 2016, 10:10 AM) *

I avoid electrical tape like the plague. It's either heat shrink or cloth TESA tape only in my toolbox. I HATE the leftover adhesive that electrical tape always leaves behind.

I have a few rolls of that stuff as well, even wrapped a few hand tools and our Pinata beating club with it!
malcolm2
it is not always pretty, but the liquid tape seems to do the trick. i'll have to read the label about being water tight tho.

You have to be patient and wait a while after application or you rub it off and it gets on other stuff.

It comes in several colors too.
db9146
Depending upon the use, the self-sealing "tape" (its more like rubber in how it feels and stretches) is a good choice. It adheres only to itself and fuses into a liquid-tight seal (within reason). Its good for sealing joints that are already together where you can't get heat-shrink tubing in place.
wndsnd
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 19 2016, 01:11 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Sep 19 2016, 09:58 AM) *

thanks for tips
brant

Scotch brand, Super33+

Agree, It is the best, or Super 88 if you want a little thicker. Get at local Electrical Supply Distributor BTW it is 3M's Brand
michael7810
Ace hardware has some black cloth tape that works well and kinda stick to itself and forms a good seal. Not sure if it's the "TESA" tape mentioned above.
SixerJ
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 19 2016, 06:10 PM) *

Second for Tesa tape for loom work, fab stuff and very factory. Stay away from the Chinese knock offs that are on fleebay
rgalla9146

Isn't the cloth stuff called friction tape ?
Electrical supply house would be my choice.
3M or Scotch
Andyrew
TESA tape/ the cloth tape is all I use anymore. I buy it on amazon for 8 bucks for a big roll. Used 2 rolls doing my wiring projects on the Audi swap so I can tell you it goes a long ways.
Garland
Coroplast cloth tape 3/4 wide. You cannot tear this tape it must be cut. Waterproof sticks very well.

Click to view attachment
Jon H.
Yep, super 88!!

Regards'
Jon h.
Mike Bellis
If you want something non sticky...

Cold Fusion or Self Fusion Tape. This stuff is awesome and fuses to itself without glue.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/SPC-...11100-/21-11100
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.