Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Porsche Wiring Harnesses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
JeffBowlsby
The following wiring harnesses and related services are available for the 914 Porsche owner:

* Rebuilt D-Jet Fuel Injection Harnesses (1.7 and 2.0L cars)

* Rebuilt Ignition Harnesses (All 4 cylinder 914 cars)

* NEW Alternator Harnesses (All 4 cylinder 914 cars)

* Repairs to any 914 Porsche wiring harness including the 1.8L L-Jet FI harnesses - Free estimates!

* Throttle position sensor calibration plugs

* Oil Temp sender wires for the 1973-76 cars

All replacement harnesses use correct color coded wiring and new components, and come with a limited warranty. Most items are stocked for immediate shipment. Further the details are on my website:

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses
Dave Cawdrey
I have the new alt. harness, and I must say the quality is outstanding. If I ever go back to FI, I will buy the new harness to rule out any wire problems (you know, cuz FI has many "issues").

Satisfied customer... smilie_pokal.gif
robby750
I just installed my new injection harness and could not be more pleased. The quality of material, workmanship, and instructions is excellent. This item cured an intermittant misfire problem that I had and the engine has never run smoother. Highly recommended! Thanks, Bowlsby. smilie_pokal.gif
Queenie
I received my harnesses yesterday and they're absolutely wonderful. The care taken with them really shows; this is work of the highest caliber. In addition to the excellent quality of the goods, Jeff is a wonderful person to deal with. He was extremely kind in working quickly for me as I had a limited amount of time available in which to complete my repair job, and his communications with me were prompt and pleasant.

If you need wiring harnesses, this is the place to get them. Accept no substitutes!
redshift
Just looking at your harnesses Bowlsby... what an excellent job..

M
eldiosyeldiablo
I just got mine in the mail and removed the old FI and Engine harness tonight. Man I knew my old ones were crap but wow they are shot.

Jeff's wires look very solid and well done. The test will be when I plug them in. beerchug.gif
seanery
Jeff,
my car's engine harness is stiff. Car has carbs now, if I sent you the old one, could you duplicate it? If so how much $ and how much time?

thanks,
sean
Gint
As long as we're on the subject I have to ask again. biggrin.gif

Jeff, can you go through my /6 harness (complete) and check/repair/replace as necessary?
JeffBowlsby
Sean and Mike G, PM sent and posted here too:

Sean: Sure...if by 'engine harness you refer to what I call the ignition harness...the stock FI and carb set-up are very similar. I can just delete the AAR wire and voila...

Or if you need a very customized harness I would need to see your harness...

Mike: Sure...If there are any critical connector housings that are missing we wil need to find replacements...but the wiring and wire terminals and casing we can tackle...
Gint
Thanks Jeff. I'll dig out my harness this weekend and get it cleaned up and have a look at it.
Eric_Ciampa
Do you do L-jet harnesses and what kind of prices are we talking about?
JeffBowlsby
Hi Eric, while I dont rebuild the L-Jet FI harnesses, I do repair them. The pricing all depends on what needs to be done. If you will send it to me I offer a no-cost repair estimate.

I do rebuild the alternator and engine harnesses for the L-Jet cars though...

See my website for details.
Eric_Shea
Jeff,

While looking over Gint's harness, might you be able to duplicate parts of it (engine harness) using a 74 FI harness as a donor? I'm putting a carb'd six in mine. Karl mentioned some similarities while lunching at the MWC but I don't recall...
JeffBowlsby
Not possible Eric...

The Sixer engine bay harness integrates all engine bay functions...ignition, alternator, battery cable to starter, oil pressure/temp and other things into one harness with about half a dozen special connectors and parts that are NLA anywhere. Believe me I have tried to find donor harnesses and there are none to be had inexpensively. Even the early 911 Sixer harnesses use different parts and a donor is very $$$.
rickyhgarcia
I will be upgrading my engine within the next few months. I´ll have Jake Raby built my engine with 103mm Nickies. The engine configuration will include 4IDF Webbers carbs. I would like to use this opportunity to replace my 30 year old harnesses. Which harnesses do I need to change? My car is a 1974 with the 2 liter engine.

BTW, I bought the early 914/914-6 left gauge which incorporates the oil temp readout. Would this gauge effect the harness
JeffBowlsby
Anyone who attends the WCC 2005 will have an opportunity to not only see my wiring harnesses, but will also have the opportunity to win Gift Certificates good towards new harnesses for your car.

See you in Camarillo!
echocanyons
Outstanding work Jeff.

I just recieved my new harness and it looks to be superbly made.
Gint
I drug my feet on this (too!). Harness will be coming soon Jeff. I'll email ya.
bcheney
Just recieved my engine harness. Will be installing soon. The quality of his work is excellent. If your harness is suspect, Jeff is the right guy to deal with!
914werke
Jeff while I am happy with my FI harness and egarly anticipate applying to my restored LE, the CW part of me cant help but wish that the shielding/cover were the OE grey rather than the black. confused24.gif
Is it possible?
JeffBowlsby
Sure Rich...ask and ye shall receive. The details are on my website.

I even have a very limited supply of the OEM rubber boots that I save for just the right cars...Ask Tom Bliznik how he likes the FI harness I sent him with the grey casing and OEM boots.

I will send you a PM.
TJB/914
Yes ask me, the workmanship and quality is better than OEM.

A satisfied customer

Tom Bliznik
McMark
Have you talked to Bruce Napier about reproduction boots?
North Bay 914
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Nov 9 2005, 01:43 PM)
A satisfied customer

Ditto, I agree...better than OEM. Very much the key to a dependable Fuel Injected 914
JeffBowlsby
Hi Mark, I have thought about reproducing the boots, and may some day, but the boots I use are very high quality and the small quantities needed for boots, probably wouldnt be cost effective.

Thanks for the kudos Tom and Martin. cool.gif
TJB/914
Hey Bowlsby.

Just a Christmas question (for my wife).

Do you have X-Mas gift certificates?????????

If so, let me know so my wife can read this!!!!

Tom
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Just recieved my Alt. harness, It's the quality that we have grown to expect from Jeff. Next will be engine bay harness. Thanks Jeff!!!
Dave slap.gif
JeffBowlsby
I have some great new 914 wiring harnesses on the website. Please stop by and take a look. smile.gif
kconway
Jeff,
How about battery to starter? It's the only one left for me. biggrin.gif
william harris
beerchug.gif Jeff rebuilt my entire harness, and when I say entire I mean just that, every component was removed from the car and shipped to Jeff to evaluate and rebuild. Know what? Every light, switch, instrument, etc. works perfectly!!! Jeff is the best. beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(kconway @ Mar 11 2009, 06:27 PM) *

Jeff,
How about battery to starter? It's the only one left for me. biggrin.gif

That battery + cable is one cable I do not make Kevin. You are the first to ask in all the years I have been doing these harnesses. I am sure a good used cable is available from other sources.
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif for someone looking for a harness.
JmuRiz
Question, do you have front electrical harnesses (headlights, turnsignals, etc)? Or would you need me to send mine for a correct rebuild, as mine has been hacked to no longer make sence by my POs. Thanks
JeffBowlsby
Hi Nathan, I responded to your email separately, but for the benefit of anyone looking here, I only make the harnesses and wiring products on my website found here:

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/

914_teener
Jeff,

Great work and great service. Just got my harness today for my 73 1.7.

Thanks for your work on these cars.

Rob
cary
Boy that was quick, Thanks.

In my first life I was a time study engineer. Spent a tour in the cable assembly plant at Tektronix. Nice work.

I'll probably be buying a couple more in the coming years. Keep up the good work. Both cores will be coming shortly.
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Cary!

QUOTE(cary @ Aug 20 2011, 08:23 AM) *

Boy that was quick, Thanks.

In my first life I was a time study engineer. Spent a tour in the cable assembly plant at Tektronix. Nice work.

Sorry to say $$$. I'll probably be buying a couple more in the coming years. Keep up the good work. Both cores will be coming shortly.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.