Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - News on my dad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
boxstr
Sean I know your dad had a lot more hot rod projects that he wanted to get done. He was way to young. I have been through this rough patch with my mother and father. You are a strong person and i know you will come through this.
Craig C. Laughlin
kafermeister
Sorry to hear about your dad Sean. My bro-in-law's father died yeasterday morning also.

Wow! 59. That's a bit young. It really scares me sometimes when I consider that my dad is 56 and I see folks his age passing on.

I know I'm not the closest member but if you need anything, let me know. I'm sure I can work something out.

Rick
Pnambic
Yeah, my dad is 59 now. We had a scare a few years back when they thought he might have esophageal cancer. We got lucky and my dad completely changed his diet, and his way of life to stay healthy.

Leah and I give our most heartfelt condolences and I'd like to attend the memorial/funeral services with you if that's alright.
Pugbug
My sympathy to you and your's Sean. I have lost both of my parents, so I have an idea what you are enduring right now. You'll get through it....but it's hard.
Larry
ChrisReale
Im sorry Sean, I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts
KaptKaos
Sean,

Our prayers and heartfelt condolences to you and yours.

- Joe & Family
ablose58
Sorry about your loss and sorrows,You and your family will be in my prayers pray.gif
jtf914
I'm so sorry Sean....
sjhowitson
Sean;

I am sorry for your loss. Your father is in a better place now. Our prayers ar with your family.
SGB
He lives in your thoughts. Keep strong!
SP9146
Sean,
I said a prayer the other day and will say another one now. Hope you are doing OK.
JWest
Sean, I am so sorry about the loss of your father.

Once the reality sets in, don't feel obligated to "find closure" too quickly.

"Blessed are those who mourn." "Blessed are those who weep now for you will laugh."

These quotes are not given to lighten the hurt or deminish your feelings. The tunnel you have entered does not have a light at the other end - the memory of your father is with you forever. Mourning is not blessed because it's good. Rather, when we carry these wounds to God, there is comfort available that runs deeper, richer, and far more lasting than anything we can find by trying to bandage the pain.

You know you have the support of your family. You know you have the support of your friends here. Realize that you have the support of God. There is nothing that will cure your earthly hurt, but opening yourself to your heavenly Father when you are in great need can provide amazing fullness in your heart - leaving the memory of your father a highlight in your life, rather than a pain of omission.
dekman
Sean, my condolences to you and your family. Sincerely, robert d.
Curvie Roadlover
Sorry to hear about your loss, Sean. My dad passed away 2 years ago. A couple of months before he died, he asked me what, if any, changes would I like to make to my 914. I told him I wanted to replace the steel wheels with Fuchs. He said to go ahead and get the wheels and he'd pay for them. He said, you'll inherit what I have after I'm gone but I want to see you enjoy some of that before I go. I can't look at my car with out thinking of him.
Our prayers are with you.
BMartin914
So sorry to hear about your father Sean. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I lost my stepfather very suddenly at age 46 about 2 years ago. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. I know your pain. Just remember that he will always be with you in sprit no matter where you are.
morph
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Hiedi & James
Scott S
Nothing but good thoughts to you and yours. My dad has become more of a freind over the past few years - I cant imagine losing him. It hurts to think about. He just turned 62.

I hope you are overwelmed by noithing but good memories and time spent with family.

Always the best -
S
736conver
sad.gif
hi ho silber
Sean, my condolences to you and your family.

Hang in there!

Sincerely,
Dave
jfort
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, Sean.
mikey
Sean,

My condolences to you and your family. I know the surreal feelings you're talking about. They will pass. Keep in mind that time heals everything, even this.

SirAndy
Sean, i just saw this thread ...

that is sad news my friend, if you need anything, just let me know!
Andy
roundboy914
Sorry for your loss, and may your father rest in peace.
aircooledboy
sad.gif

I am sorry Sean.

Try to dwell on the happy memories my friend.
Hope to see you soon.

Engman
Sean - so very sorry to hear of your loss. I know how I felt when I lost my Dad and you were a lot closer to your dade than I was to mine. My prayers are with you.

Mark
Lyressa Roberts
I'm so sorry to hear that. 59 is very young. God bless you and your family and my prayer are with you.

Howard
Really tough year, Sean. Best wishes.
plas76targa
Sean,

I too, just read this thread. My condolences to you and your family.

My mother passed away on Feb 2nd this year. For me, being there at the end was peaceful. But I still miss her and think of her often. Laughing at the times I was rightfully scolded as well as smiling at the times she praised me or supported me in life's endevours.

I hope our responses provide you the strength to get through this. You aren't alone and many of us care about you and each other. Keep your chin up. Regardless, life marches on we do get by.

Peace,
Mark Henry
Sean, sorry to hear of your loss.

Mark, Kim, Elizabeth and Ethan
seanery
Thank you all for your kindness and generosity.

I have info for this week's events.

Wednesday
4:30 pm - 8:00 pm - Viewing - Flanner & Buchannon Mortuary - Washington Park East Mortuary & Cemetery

Thursday
9:30 am - Final Viewing - Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Fishers, IN Holy Spirit Church
10:00 am - Mass
?? - Funeral Service at Washington Park Cemetery
?? - Lunch - Holy Spirit Catholic Church
ein 6er
i too just saw this.

sean, i'm sorry for your loss. my deepest condolences to you and your family.
Jenny
Sean, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My dad means the world to me... I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through.

Take comfort in knowing that he's not suffering anymore. And be happy for him that he was surrounded by his family when he passed. Mourn his passing, to be sure, but don't forget to celebrate his life as well.

As always, we will be here for you if you need us. But most likely, you need to be with your family, and they need you. Don't stress about keeping us posted. We know you've got a lot going on, and we'll be here when you've got time for the club site again.

Jenny
rhodyguy
sincerest condolences sean. the loss of your pops takes me back a few years to when mine passed away. we had come to terms as adults and were good friends. i'm sure you will cherrish the drive home when the two of you picked up whitey. everytime you consider selling it the memories will come back and you'll think "nope". perhaps any flower funding left over can go to the pulminary fibrosis foundation.

k
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (seanery @ Apr 18 2005, 04:37 PM)
Thank you all for your kindness and generosity.

You reap what you sew...

My condolences Sean... I too know.

It's something we will all know at sometime in our lives.

Take care.

........b
TC/914
I'm so sad for you. It's a blessing that he wasn't in pain for a long time.

Take care of yourself, your Dad will remain in my prayers

TC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.