Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - News on my dad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
Thank you all for your support during my dad's horrible disease. Yesterday morning he died. He only suffered for half a day. I'm happy that he didn't suffer long, he didn't deserve it. It seems very surreal at this point. I'm sure the funeral day will be a tough one. He was only 59.
Part Pricer

May he rest in peace.
azbill
My paryers are for you and your family. Your father is at peace now.
Series9
sad.gif

I'm sorry Sean.
GWN7
I'm sorry for your loss...
Katmanken
Sean,

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Dad's are special people and their loss can hit you hard.

Take it a day at a time.

PM me if you want to talk to someone. I went through this about 3 years ago.

Take care,

Ken
mikerose
QUOTE (azbill @ Apr 17 2005, 07:22 AM)
My paryers are for you and your family. Your father is at peace now.

Sean, I lost my Dad in 1977 Some Days I still feel the pain
Brad Roberts
Sean,

I'm so sorry. I knew when we spoke on Friday evening that things didnt sound good. I cant offer much right now, but if there is ANYTHING any of us can help with please dont hesitate to ask.

Friday kicked my ass. The death of a grandparent for another friend Friday morning and news of grave illness resulting in death for another Friday evening.

May they rest in peace.

B
Carl
I'm sorry for your loss, Sean. Thanks for your message.

Carl
Allan
I'm sorry to here of your loss. Our prayers go out for you.
fiid
Sorry for your loss man. You and your family are in our thoughts. If theres anything we can do - let us know.

Jeroen
Sean, I'm so sorry to hear this... sad.gif
I don't have any soothing words, cause I know it won't change a thing about how you feel now
All I can say is: hang in there!
you're in our thoughts...

Jeroen, Christie and Zoey
Gint
I'm relly sorry Sean. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Joe Bob
Sorry to hear it.....not many of MY family are gone..yet....dreading it. Keep it steady.
Hammer920
Sorry to hear about your Dad. My condolences.
ws91420
Sorry to hear Sean. I too lost my father who was around that age. Chin up. He will always be with you in your heart and in the things you used to share together. Thats why I enjoy my 914 so much because my dad gave me the ability and knowledge to work on it myself and he is with me every time I do.
VegasRacer
Sorry about your loss Sean.
Doug Leggins
Sorry to hear of your loss.
markb
My heartfelt condolences. My Dad passed in 99 & left me an old rotted 914. I'd gotten completely out of working on cars until he left me that one. I still have plans to get that one rebuilt & back on the road. I have him to thank/blame for my obsession. I miss him every day & wish I could thank him, but I'm sure he knows. Hang in there, and remember the good stuff.
jim912928
Very sorry Sean. My sister-in-law died last year while waiting for a double lung transplant. She battled well for 4 years. Best thing we all can do is DESIGNATE OURSELVES AS ORGAN DONORS on our licenses. You never know when and how one can help others.
jimtab
Sean, sorry to hear about your loss. What can be said? I guess since we all go, we can only hope we can focus on the life lived, not the life lost. I promise you it will be ok, it just won't ever be the same. Take care. Jim
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Sean:
Darlene and I are sorry for your loss. I lost my mom last July and Dad 12 yrs ago. I miss them every day. But remember they really live on thro you. So they are still here,just not in our physical presence.
God bless you and you family Dave
914 novice
Sean,
I am truly sorry to hear about your father.My only advice is that you spend some time with your dads friends and relatives before or after the funeral.My father lived with my uncle and aunt when he came to california.My cousins tell some wonderful stories of him that I Had never heard before.I cherish those stories .I think that when the time comes for my mother I am going to ask that people write me a letter with a uplifting story.It helped me to replace the images of when he was sick with the images of those peoples faces as they spoke of my father with obvious Love and respect.
You will be in my prayers,Paul
JB 914
Our Family will keep him and your family in our prayers.
nine14cats
Sean,

Doris and I are sorry for your loss and you and your family will be in our prayers.

Bill P and Doris
DNHunt
Sean I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in my prayers.

Dave
neo914-6
Sorry Sean,

You have my support...
Mrs. K
sad.gif Sean,
I am so very sorry to hear about your dad's passing.
It is truly a very empty feeling when you first lose a parent!
Hang in there and know that he is not in pain anymore,
and is watching over you and your family.
God Bless!

Lisa
Eric_Shea
Sean,

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Your father is well now. Our prayers are with you and your family.
Lou W
Sean, Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, 59 is awfully young. Take the time to remember the good times with him. It can be tough, I lost my dad in 1998. May God bless you and your family. Lou
brant
Sean,

you have my support and I'm sorry for your loss.
let me know if there is anything I can do

brant
Aaron Cox
Sean,

very sorry for your loss. remember him.
praying for you

Aaron
rick 918-S
Sean,

Sorry to hear about this. you were lucky to have him your whole life. The things he taught you will and the memories you shared will be with you the rest of your life.
Mueller
Hey Sean,

Sorry to hear about this, hang in there and cherish the good times you guys had.

Mike
scottb
sean,

my condolences.... i lost my mom 10 years ago at age 59. too early.....

chin up and take help when it's offered. it sure helped me to have a friend to lean on at the time.
ThinAir
My condolences. Whether it's 59, 99, or 76 it's always too early when it's someone you love. I'm waiting right now to see how long my 76-year-old father-in-law will last. He's been mentally gone for months, but his body isn't ready to give up yet. He's bed-ridden and it's tough watching him waste away, but I know when the end finally comes it will be even tougher because of the finality of it. We take solace in our faith that we will be reunited in God's presence, but it's still a very difficult thing.

I pray that you will indeed be able to celebrate his life and that this will be your lasting memory more so than his death. You and your family are in our prayers.
STL914
Sean, so soory to hear of your loss. My Dad passed when he was only 60. That fall, my first son was born. It's sad that they never had a change to know each other.
watsonrx13
Sean, sorry to hear about your loss.
Qarl
Oh jeez... I don't know what to say except I'm sorry.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Kind regards,

Karl
Brent
Hey Sean, so sorry to hear of your dads passing. My father passed away a year and a half ago at 67. He helped my buy my first 914 when I was 19, even though he was a lifetime Ford guy. He was just getting into the swing of a well earned retirement. I still have dreams were he is still there, and I can talk to him anytime. When I wake up I feel like calling him, but remember he is in a better place and probably helping me in my subconscience. This year, I started to Manage my sons Little League team, just as my dad did for me my whole childhood. Now my mom is ne of my closest friends, even though dad was always the favorite. Life is dynamic and change is sometimes a hidden beauty. Hang in there brother!
-Brent
tat2dphreak
we are very sorry for your loss Sean, may your dad Rest in peace.
echocanyons
COndolences to you and your family.

May your family pull through this loss
guywan914
Sorry for your loss sean, may your father rest in peace.
horizontally-opposed
Sean,

Just saw this too, and am very sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure your dad was a great guy and am thankful his suffering was short -- but still saddened to know this is a time of mourning for you.

Pete
lagunero
Very sorry to hear that Sean. May he rest in peace.
rjkavanagh
Sorry to hear Sean.
Trekkor
May you find comfort from the scriptures.

Trekkor
TimT
Sorry for you and your families loss
carreraguy
Sorry to hear of your loss Sean; your dad passed at a very young age and that for sure does not make it any easier. I lost my dad a few years ago so I have an idea how you feel. Take care of your family and hang in there. It won't be easy but the small consolation is that you will still have all those great memories to cherish.
GaroldShaffer
Sean, I am so sorry hear this. I really enjoyed talking with your dad at both FFC. You and your family are in our prayers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.