Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Key / lock numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I stripped both door locks today to try to find a number so that I can give it to the locksmith and get my keys cut. Neither lock had a number except for the handle part number and the biscuits? had a digit on each.

Does anyone know if there even is a number to work with? If I gave my chassis number to Porsche dealer will they be able to help from there? Or is my only option to give the locks to the locksmith and get them to figure out the proper key pattern?

Just to advise my car came as a rolling shell after having stood since 1995 and the owner had long lost the keys.
bandjoey
The only place I've seen a number is written in the back of the owners manual

If you want a new key a good locksmith can visually read your key and cut a new one. However ... If the lock wafers are badly worn they also need to be replaced.

Any good locksmith can also cut a new key with the lock. Take the trunk lock in with the door lock. It had less use and chances are it'll be more accurate.
Cairo94507
If you have lock issues, look up TWEET here or on Pelican. He is a lock expert and can not only make you new keys, but he can rebuild your locks and make them like new.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=15579
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.