Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-clipped car and VIN number
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
larryM
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Sep 29 2016, 10:41 AM) *

The driver that crashed the car is going to pay to have it fixed. He's wants to pay for all repairs.

- it ain't gonna be cheap

when you get the full cost estimate, be sure to let us know

long time ago a guy pranged my Citabria & it cost me an engine rebuild

- had to sue him once he realized the cost was well beyond his good intentions
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 30 2016, 04:24 AM) *

I haven't had time to finish the pulls yet. this is about 3 hrs of Alien Autotopsy. Just roughed in but you can see how these pull out.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks for posting those pictures. Makes me think my car can be straightened again. smash.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(larryM @ Oct 1 2016, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Sep 29 2016, 10:41 AM) *

The driver that crashed the car is going to pay to have it fixed. He's wants to pay for all repairs.

- it ain't gonna be cheap

If its costs a lot I wouldn't be comfortable with that. I would just find a shell and switch everything over. I bet he won't even tell my the price.
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 30 2016, 09:15 AM) *

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Sep 30 2016, 02:47 AM) *
QUOTE(restore2seater @ Sep 30 2016, 12:50 AM) *
What is the black goo dripping down from the trans mount?
Looks like the trans mount got a little hot from the exhaust.

agree.gif

Might be part of why it broke ...
popcorn[1].gif

Could be, I've run those WEVO bushing for years. They never were affected by the exhaust before. Guess I need to build a heat shield and wrap the header.
Found those cups for the trans mounts. I think I tried to install them before and they didn't fit with the WEVO mounts. Maybe I remember this wrong, its been a while.
Jetsetsurfshop
Update.
We didn't have to re clip the car. Its damn close to be ready for paint.
New front bumper. Had to increase the size of the oil cooler entry (thats what all the tape is about).
Also fitted, not pictured, a 914-6 GT front valance.
Working on getting the alignment done. It doesn't have enough negative camber right now on the passenger side. As a street car its about perfect but because its a track car were looking to get around 1.5-2 negative.
Hope to do a test day on February. lol-2.gif
Cairo94507
Nice to see it getting back in shape. beerchug.gif
AZBanks
Looks good already.
ThePaintedMan
Wow, really turned out nice Shane! Glad it went this route instead of the clip. I'd like to come see it sometime in person. It appears you did the trunks in tangerine, is that going to be the new color? piratenanner.gif

Would love some instruction on how to do the dzus fasteners for the bumper too. I've never actually installed them myself and have been meaning to do my bumpers with them instead of the bolts.

Happy for ya bud! aktion035.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
More like rattle can orange. I do have a 70s style paint scheme in mind. Just need to get the alignment sorted before I add 50lbs of bondo.
When I get it done I hope it will look as good as you Team Falken Awesome car. driving.gif
Those fasteners are pretty straight forward. There was some trail and error with the side ones. I bought a kit from racer parts wholesale and went to town. Think I have enough for your car left. I plan only using those fasteners on the bumper to get to the lights for night events. (if we make it that long) laugh.gif

Thanks for the complements guys. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.