Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ross
Hi Guys,

The frog eyes seem to not go up when I pull the head light switch and then pop up and down when I push the light switch in (or off). Sometimes they come up a few minutes after I pull the switch. The head lights do work when they are up... Does this sounds light a head light switch problem?... or could it be something else? I was looking for the part (91461341410) and it seems that no one makes them anymore... and I can only buy used. Any thoughts or experiences with this? Thank you very much...
NS914
QUOTE(Ross @ Sep 26 2016, 10:01 AM) *

Hi Guys,

The frog eyes seem to not go up when I pull the head light switch and then pop up and down when I push the light switch in (or off). Sometimes they come up a few minutes after I pull the switch. The head lights do work when they are up... Does this sounds light a head light switch problem?... or could it be something else? I was looking for the part (91461341410) and it seems that no one makes them anymore... and I can only buy used. Any thoughts or experiences with this? Thank you very much...

I am into the same thing....neither head light lifts as it should but if I turn the black spindle on the motor, the left light goes up and down on its own...clearly I have some work to do....looking forward to hearing views and or seeing existing threads o this! Grant
Ross
I am new to the forum... so please forgive if I am not that best at posting yet, but... I am looking at the switch that would replace the one I have (assuming that my problem is the switch). I called the dealership this morning and that part is discontinued. I have seen a few other places that sell them... pretty expensive... I might go to my used part guy here near me and salvage one.
Mikey914
First of all welcome.
These lights are a little more complex than they seem. You have the switch, and relays, as well as the potential for mechanical interference.

1st thing I would do is test the mechanical portion. This can be done by turning the knob on the back of the motor. You can only turn it one way or unscrew it. Just turn through a cycle. Since it seems like it could be a switch if they both come up together, but the last item is the relay that is below the motor on the body. You can still find used switches If you believe it is the switch, post a WTB in the classifieds here, I'm sure someone can hook you up with a known good one.

Diagram attached
Ross
thanks Mikey, I'll start looking into it
bandjoey
Another overlooked place is grounds. Old and rusty. Transmission strap all the way up to the headlights all can cause issues. Clean off the lights first to see if it helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.