Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ron Meier 914 Porsche Swap meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
toolguy
icon_bump.gif
Blue6
Bruce, do you have any front license plate mounts available? If so save me one for Sunday p/u.. icon_bump.gif
Rotary'14
I'll be there to say hi,,, if anyone needs Fuel lines pm me,,, I'll probably bring some,,

-Robert
effutuo101
See you there!
euro911
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Oct 19 2016, 12:20 PM) *
I'll be there to say hi,,, if anyone needs Fuel lines pm me,,, I'll probably bring some,,

-Robert
These are the awesome tunnel and engine bay STAINLESS STEEL fuel lines for those who don't know ... idea.gif

I'll be out of town headbang.gif
Steve
Ill be there with the teener. Don't have anything to sell this time.
914_teener
icon_bump.gif

I'll be there.

I have stuff to pick up and stuff to sell.

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 20 2016, 01:39 AM) *

-Robert
These are the awesome tunnel and engine bay STAINLESS STEEL fuel lines for those who don't know ... idea.gif

Who cares. Will Dianne be there? wub.gif happy11.gif
Elliot Cannon
If you haven't been to a G&R you really should go. I have been going to this event for years. Always a good time. It will take me about 5 hours to get there, so distance is no excuse not to attend. Drive safely and I hope to see you all there.
Cheers, Elliot
PS I need an outer driver side door handle. biggrin.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 20 2016, 09:38 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 20 2016, 01:39 AM) *

-Robert

Who cares. Will Dianne be there? wub.gif happy11.gif
She said if you're going, hell no ... poke.gif

laugh.gif
2mAn
Wish I could be there, but I will be at that other swap meet. Im trying to unload all this 944S stuff...
bdstone914
QUOTE(2mAn @ Oct 21 2016, 05:52 PM) *

Wish I could be there, but I will be at that other swap meet. Im trying to unload all this 944S stuff...

Good luck with selling the 944 parts. I have seen the same guy with the same 944 parts at that meet for the last three meets.
garrettlee2
QUOTE(2mAn @ Oct 21 2016, 05:52 PM) *

944 parts? Any black seats?
914_teener
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 20 2016, 09:44 PM) *

If you haven't been to a G&R you really should go. I have been going to this event for years. Always a good time. It will take me about 5 hours to get there, so distance is no excuse not to attend. Drive safely and I hope to see you all there.
Cheers, Elliot

I have one.

Watcha got to trade?

Larmo63
Bruce's "Ron Meier 914 Porsche Swap Meet" is a not to be missed event!!!!!!!!!

aktion035.gif cheer.gif first.gif driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif lol-2.gif poke.gif slap.gif smilie_pokal.gif bootyshake.gif beer.gif bye1.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 21 2016, 08:38 PM) *

Cheers, Elliot

I have one.

Watcha got to trade?

Do you like these? I have shiny things too. av-943.gif (Or $ if you like.)
914_teener
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 21 2016, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 21 2016, 08:38 PM) *

Cheers, Elliot

I have one.

Watcha got to trade?

Do you like these? I have shiny things too. av-943.gif (Or $ if you like.)

av-943.gif

I'll bring it.
Elliot Cannon
Well OK, it's 4:30 in the morning, I'm still up. I've either come down with the flu or the worst head cold in memory. Either way I'm fuched. More than usual actually. barf.gif Everything aches. Even my hair hurts. Sinuses and eyes are infected. I baby-sat my 14 month old grand daughter last Wednesday. She was sick and sneezed in my face. TWICE. How can a 14 month old baby take me out so bad? Anyway I'm sure to every ones bitter disappointment, I won't be making it to the G&R. lol-2.gif Because like I said, "I'm fuched". I need yellowsleep[1].gif
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 22 2016, 04:34 AM) *

Well OK, it's 4:30 in the morning, I'm still up. I've either come down with the flu or the worst head cold in memory. Either way I'm fuched. More than usual actually. barf.gif Everything aches. Even my hair hurts. Sinuses and eyes are infected. I baby-sat my 14 month old grand daughter last Wednesday. She was sick and sneezed in my face. TWICE. How can a 14 month old baby take me out so bad? Anyway I'm sure to every ones bitter disappointment, I won't be making it to the G&R. lol-2.gif Because like I said, "I'm fuched". I need yellowsleep[1].gif

Elliot
Sorry to hear that you won't make the event and that you are sick. Hope you feel better and I'm sure you will be missed.
76-914

I've had it since last Sunday. Wake up with a stuffed up head and headache every morning. mad.gif
914_teener

What....no beads?

There is a nasty flu going around. Get well Elliot.
Blue6
Get well Elliott. We'll see you next time around.
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Oct 22 2016, 09:12 AM) *

Get well Elliott. We'll see you next time around.

+1
7TPorsh
Well looks like I'm up tonight but not sick....have to work. Damn hackers on Friday f'd things up at work.

So doing an all nighter. See you at day break!

Feel better E!
jim_hoyland
Get well Eliot; up and ready to go. Gonna try for a 7:00am arrival
Steve
I can't make it this time. I have to finish packing for them to tent my house for termites.
jim_hoyland
Big thanks to Bruce and Wes for hosting the Swapmeet; picked up some nice parts, saw old friends and had a nice drive out to the inland empire
Blue6
Thank you Bruce and family. Good time had by all biggrin.gif
SO.O.C914er
Yes thanks Bruce and family for keeping it rollin. Good to see Jim,Lawrence and Forrest out there. Lawrence thanks for the head light parts and Forrest keep in touch regarding your motor. Last Up Elliot your sick humor was missed today!! driving.gif beer3.gif
altitude411
So... is it time to make those unable to attend (me) jealous/pissed off with all the cool stuff you lucky bastards scored at the swap? dry.gif

Lets see it. mad.gif
second wind
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 23 2016, 07:36 PM) *

So... is it time to make those unable to attend (me) jealous/pissed off with all the cool stuff you lucky bastards scored at the swap? dry.gif

Lets see it. mad.gif

Thank you Bruce for yet another beautiful and fun filled 914 swap meet! the food was fabulous as has been in the past, I found a great deal on a couple of parts, and really fun as always to make new friends with other 914 crazy fanatics. Please pardon the redundancy. Names are tough but super nice guy with a 2.8 six that was drop dead georegous....and fast i understand....and an eggplant 4 owned by Gene who was my clone on everything.....hours and money spent....trying to hit perfection (impossible)....and having five of everything but need one more...good to see oldtimers Bob and Glenn and Robert and Mark and Jason and many others....and Bruce's family with grandkids all over was a high point for me. Funny how I am not a day older but Bruce has grandkids four feet tall....and looking for their "cut" on every sale... bought three oil filters for $5 so changed my oil this afternoon... all good and the drive both ways...almost 200 miles...worth the effort. Can't wait for the next one! Thank you again Bruce and of course we missed Ron the entire time. Please keep it going as I need a few more items.
Greg
effutuo101
Very cool! Met some neat people.
The quote of the day goes to the 8-9 year old boy to his sister on riding a skateboard "Let me show you how the Pro's do it". I chuckled all the way home
914_teener

Lets see it. mad.gif

Couple of pics. Started with some weird tropical type sprinkles....so rain in So Cal is good what ever type it is.

One pic is of Larwrence's rig... still has some nice parts from his 2.0 liter stuff.

Only pics I have as I had quite the list to do at home still. Couple of nice sixes and some old friends I have not seen in a while.

Ron came to mind several times. It has been more than 10 years since I've started coming to these things.......met a lot of nice folks along the way. Memories.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh

Lets see it. mad.gif

No pics but:

- Glove box box
- Pair of under dash air vent covers
- Rear Trunk Weld Support
- Right Defroster Vent

- and missed out on a pair of $10 air deflectors by 5 seconds.....

Total spend......wait for it....... $25 beerchug.gif

Thanks Bruce!
bdstone914
Thanks to all who attended. I would like to expand the swap meet to include air cooled 911 which are such such great parts donor cars.
Also considering another meet in January 2017. Knowing weather can be an issue I would choose two weekend days and if the weather looks bad bump it to the next weekend.
Third change is to have a food truck from 8-12. The taco deal is liked buy I have a flat fee regardless of how many people eat and have fallen far short of covering costs.
Any feed back is welcome unless you don't agree with me biggrin.gif

A note of thanks to the great crowd who attends. I have never had a problem with cleaning us afterwards and never have any parts that disappeared.

It was great to see Peter get out to the swap meet and his progress in battling the health issued he faces. Seeing the smile on his face made my day.

Bruce
bdstone914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Oct 23 2016, 08:32 PM) *

Very cool! Met some neat people.
The quote of the day goes to the 8-9 year old boy to his sister on riding a skateboard "Let me show you how the Pro's do it". I chuckled all the way home

That was Matty my grandson. He and his sister love the swap meets. His 4 year old sister scares me everytime she gets on a skateboard. No fear at all there.

Bruce
effutuo101
Classic!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.