Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lighting problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Schnell944
just installed a new turn signal relay today. it works now, but the lights that are supposed to blik light up very dimly, but if i leave the blinker on and turn the car off, all the lights on that side light up like they should when u forget to cancel the blinker. when i do this, they light up brightly. also my hazard switch isnt working now, and it was b4 i installed the relay. i took the stem off the hazard switch the previous day and the switch fell behind there.....could that have shorted out? and info appreciated. i should be able to register and DRIVE the damn thing once i get these little electrical gremlins fixed.
Schnell944
anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?...i think i originally posted this at a bad hour or something
Dave_Darling
A wire is mis-connected somewhere in the turn signal circuit. Or you have the wrong type of bulb in one of your light sockets. (The front turn signals use dual-filament bulbs, the rear brake lights likewise; if you use single-filament bulbs in them all kinds of weirdness will happen to you!)

Those are my two best guesses. A good thorough stare at the wiring diagrams, and a nice $20 Rat Shack multimeter, should at least let you start on tracking it down.

--DD
Schnell944
argh, I hate electrical problems. i dont have a good record at solving them, lol
Schnell944
ok, question: are the tiny bulbs all the way at the end on the right and left of the light clusters in the rear supposed to be dual filiments? I replaced them w/ the same bulbs that were there when I got the car....were they wrong in the first place? thanks.
Alexlitov
check all your connections. maybe you have a loose wire or something. also it's a good idea to clean up the contacts. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.