Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: ignition connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
malcolm2
Looking to cut the bad stuff out of the end of the wires for the ignition. Figured I would try to find a new connection block too.

I bet they are NLA, or maybe never available. Anyone have spares for sale? IIRC: Kinda looks like a VW MK1 might work?

Clark

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
I have a wire harness for parts that I should have one for harvesting. Can check when I am home in a couple of days it you do not find one sooner.
malcolm2
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 3 2016, 11:03 AM) *

I have a wire harness for parts that I should have one for harvesting. Can check when I am home in a couple of days it you do not find one sooner.

Thanks.

Figured I'd try my hand at putting one together before I break out the wire cutting tools.
JeffBowlsby
Is yours melted or significantly damaged? They rarely are a problem.
malcolm2
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 3 2016, 04:05 PM) *

Is yours melted or significantly damaged? They rarely are a problem.

I have not pulled the wires, but it does not appear to be damaged. Can't tell about the connectors either. You are probably right, but before i start cutting, I would be more comfortable having a spare in my pocket.

During my search today, I read where some VW guys don't use the block. Just mark the wires and use the markings on the switch or match them to the block.

So there is a back-up option.

EDIT: Turns out AA sells them. Not easy to find, but they are listed and on an exploded view drawing. Less than $10 IIRC.
timothy_nd28
It is melted and significantly damaged.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.