Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Louisville People
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
bd1308
Brad, you're right....i'll be in Louisville this summer....so the "grill-out and 914 chaos party" will be at my parents house in Louisville,KY....any takers...?

Perhaps some of these will be happening:
*Engine Swap(1.7 for 2.0) or Exhaust Stud Repair
*914 Show-Off(bring your car!)
*Food or something....

I dunno....just tell me if i'll be partying alone or with 914 Fanatics in, near and sorta-near KY....
Brad Roberts
Put together an event..fun run up the local cruise hill not too far off of Dixie Hwy.

Oh.. next time... *ASK* before you throw up a BBS "backup" work with us...

We dont look at the site as being "down" a bad thing. It gives people something to talk about.. and it makes people get up and do something to their car.

B
bd1308
yeah man i tried to ask and ppl blow me off....why?...cause i know nobody and I have no life...and i cut a pink car up....so i'm through with the backup thing.....good point tho...yeah man i hope you were joking about that cause i dont like to be called out....if you were serious, then that would be like PM territory
Brad Roberts
I wasnt "calling" you out. We very much appreciate the thought/idea behind it. I knew there was no malicious intent (new words I learned while doing time...LOL) We may even have you host a mirror of the site for failover reasons at a later date.

Hang in there. I know you meant well.

Now... get us some dates/times that people can help you out. Do a breakfast/fun run or dinner/fun run.. then end at your house with some help.

B
Engman
Let me know when where and I will certainly try to help. There are a couple of us in the area.

M
wrpspddrvr
If it's on a Sunday I'll be there!!! driving.gif driving.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
cdmcse
I'm close enough to come, if my car is done dry.gif
bd1308
well i'm thinking around mid-may or something....on a SUNDAY!!! How does everyone feel about mid-may or early-June....
robby750
I will try to be there. Keep us posted.
bd1308
update: cleared with family....so it's gonna be at my casa...we're gonna go for a cool drive though, i might have to have somebody take video of where i like to drive...real hilly and not many stoplights...but like we need to go out of the city....i think i know....
bd1308
icon_bump.gif who's intrested in going? If I get enough people together, I can get a place at the local park, E.P Tom Sawyer Park.....and we can all meet there...just let me know. Also I am having a hard time setting a date for this, I would like the first one to be in May sometime, so coudl somebody offer a sugestion? I thought I could grill out, some music and a drive down the various roads...i know this stretch of roads out in the "country" that I always take...it's in Oldham County, called US 22...its a road that should have 45mph speed limits, but instead have 55-65-75 wink.gif speed limits....just let me know what you all think
dwillouby
Ill try to make it.
Just a thought, My home town, Mt. Washington is having their spring festival May 13-15. They are putting a car show together for the 14th. They are closing the main street and will put hopefully 100+ cars there. I can get a phone number if interested.
David
bd1308
QUOTE (dwillouby @ Apr 28 2005, 10:58 AM)
Ill try to make it.
Just a thought, My home town, Mt. Washington is having their spring festival May 13-15. They are putting a car show together for the 14th. They are closing the main street and will put hopefully 100+ cars there. I can get a phone number if interested.
David

i'll think about it.... sound intresting...i pass by mt.washington exits on 65 to and from bowling green...not far from louisville IMHO...just figured with a small get-together, we can talk about 914s and not have to worry about all the british guys.....
mudfoot76
Depending on when you decide to do this, I might be able to make it down too. Louisville isn't too far from Indy....
bd1308
well i need some input as far as possible days.....so far only cole has said he needs it to be on a sunday? so we have 3 sundays to choose from....2nd 3rd 4th...
robby750
Any Sunday after Derby will work for me.
cdmcse
How about May 29th?
bd1308
may 29th sounds good to me...anybody have a dis-agreement?
Engman
The 29th be memorial weekend - might be an issue with some. My vote is for the 22.

M
Cano
Sounds like a great idea -- I would jump at the chance to meet some locals from the board. aktion035.gif Hope I can get my car legal by then. At present I am limited to jaunts around the hood.

I would also vote for the weekend of May 22. Where do you live, Britt? I am behind Gardiner Lane Shopping Center on Bardstown Rd.
Elliot_Cannon
I'd love to be there. I live in SoCal but spend a lot of time in Louiseville. (UPS freight nazi pilot). Nail down a date and maybe I can be there for a day or two.
Cheers, Elliot
xsboost90
im in cincy, have buds in louisville. LEt me know when/ where.
Brad Roberts
Sounds like it is coming together clap.gif

B
Engman
Yep - all we are gonna need now is some bunny ears.....

M
bd1308
Z come on down......I'm thinking May 29th....which is not on derby weekend, and is on a sunday. I would probably prefer the third sunday in may, but the 29th sounds good enuf to me. What does everyone want on thier burger?
Jamie
So what is the firm date- I can make it on the 29th but not the 22nd??!! Let me know ASAP!
Cano
So, are we on for the 29th?
bd1308
I have some things to update you all about

Date: the 30th doesnt work for me, as I'm in school and that weekend is memorial day....(my religious calender only shows the 29th as being orthodox Good Friday)so I have talked to some members here and I think the date will be 22-23....something like that. I know I would like Cole to come and he can only come on sunday....so I like the 23rd idea, or the 22nd......

Next: I need a admin to nail this so it doesn't sink into the abyss of forgotten topics.....please please.....

Venue: I am thinking about possibly getting a place at the park to hang out, since I feel this will be a decent turn-out....I would liek to do this again too, so if you can't come this year plan for next yr....but I will post directions soon......Please post here if you can make it......

So far these people are coming:
Me
Cano
So will it be the 22nd and 23rd? Or one of the two? Or is it still up in the air? confused24.gif

I definately would like to participate, and at this point I am available on both these dates. But family and work obligations are also knocking, so I (an I am surely not alone) really need to know a firm date SOON.
bd1308
firm 23rd...who cant make it on the 23rd? post below if you CANT definately make it on sunday May 23rd......
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (bd1308 @ May 4 2005, 06:50 PM)
firm 23rd...who cant make it on the 23rd? post below if you CANT definately make it on sunday May 23rd......

Isn't the 23rd a Monday?
Elliot
bd1308
get that 2004 calender off the wall.... screwy.gif smile.gif
root
I'm in Virginia I can't make it all the way to Louisville, KY but
I got to tell you May 23,2005 is a Monday!

beer.gif
CptTripps
Yup...Monday the 23rd...2005.

Maybe YOUR calendar is 2004...It was a Sunday LAST year.
bd1308
WHAT????
okay okay okay.....may 22 is sunday......my bad sad.gif too much....coffee
Engman
I will be there - AND - I will give away a complete ss pedal set to whoever travels the furthest!

So come on down or up!

M
Cano
I'm in. Let us know if we should bring anything like beerchug.gif

Have you locked in the locale yet?
dwillouby
22nd sounds good, Let us know location, times,ect.

David
cdmcse
Great, now I have to bust my ass to get my car back together in 2 weeks. biggrin.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (cdmcse @ May 5 2005, 09:14 AM)
Great, now I have to bust my ass to get my car back together in 2 weeks. biggrin.gif

pm me if ya need me.
bd1308
Okay...UPDATE HERE!

Time: Noon till 5pm Eastern
Where: E.P Tom Sawyer Park
What are we doing:
*Fun-Run
*Show-Off
*Dinner
*Talk

When: Sunday May 22nd
RSVP asap.......

bd1308
where: E.P Tom Sawyer Park...off of Gene Snyder follow sign....exit 32 (Westport Rd.)
when: Sunday May 22, 2005 Noon till we all go home
what do you need to do: I need some food.....like meat and chips and coke and stuff....(I'm not 21..so i'm not drinking beer) but you all knock yourselves out.....smile.gif
please tell me that your coming, unless you already have
xsboost90
if i dont have to tech for the kilkare IRAC autox ill try to be there. NOt sure if its a pca event or an IRAC and if i need to be there or not.
robby750
I plan on being there but I need some directions to this park coming from Lexington.
bd1308
Okay, here we go.....find out how to get on 64 toward louisville, and then get onto Gene Snyder Expressway.....going north, usually you'll see a brown sign indicating the direction to Tom Sawyer Park...it's not hard to follow. exit 32, Westport Rd exit....follow westport rd. until you see two gas stations, and a home depot. at the light turn left, follow road and Tom Sawyer park is on the right.

From cinci, take I-71 south (IIRC) and follow it till you see the gene snyder exit, look for borwn sign it'll tell you which one to take(there's a north and south). I *THINK* it's the second one though. Follow above directions from gene snyder on.
Engman
I will be there - and I will bring some chips/ buns

Also - whoever travels the furthest to attend gets a free stainless stell pedal set! Sean - are you listening?

M
Cano
I will be there, but the teener is up in the air. . .

As far as food goes, I can bring some grill goodies. Mark, are you bringing both burgers and dog/bratwurst buns? Anyone know how many people we are expecting so the amount of food can be guesstimated?

With it being a state park, I guess beer is out. sad.gif
bd1308
confused24.gif dunno....i know me and my girlfriend are coming and i'm bringing grill stuff,
Cano
OK, if Britt has the grill goods I suppose I can bring a cooler full of ice and drinks? I was thinking coke, diet coke, sprite and water? anything else?
TBrads914
Haven't been on the site for awhile but count me in. Let me know what to bring. The car won't be there as it is on stands now getting new running gear. Engine is in complete and running (thank God).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.