Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 786 mile trip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Yesterday was a beautiful day, was up early as I had to take my daughter to the airport. One of the things on my bucket list, the Cabot Trail, in Cape Breton, Canada, was calling me! Checked my oil, added a few ounces to be right on the line and threw an overnight bag in the car and off I went. Spectacular scenery, ( leaves are turning colour), but my focus was on the teener and how well it performed, lots of twisty's, steep hills giving both the brakes and the engine a good workout. Was gonna stay overnight somewhere but everything was booked, so grabbed a double double from Tim Hortons, and headed home, 786 miles. Thank you Mark Henry for a beautiful job on my engine. I have read posts about what to bring on a trip etc. have made a few long trips this year, Toronto to Moncton is 1900 KM, no issues. I guess I am trying to say if you have your teener running good there is no reason to worry to much about reliability, all mechanical things can break down, but if you have been looking after your maintenance these little cars are very reliable and soooooo much fun! Wish I could post pics, that skill eludes me, they will be on my Facebook page.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Cracker
good job.

Tony
bulitt
Do you cut across Maine to go to Toronto Ian?
Ian Stott
No, crossing Maine would cut down the miles if there was a straight Hwy thru to New Brunswick, using the Trans Canada is still the best way to the Maritimes. Long and kinda boring, but best if you just want to get home.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Bartlett 914
Good Job. I used to take my 914 on long trips regularly. I was doing 20K in the summer months alone. This is the way these cars should be used. I really loved it. I think next year I will start this again
MikeM
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Oct 8 2016, 08:29 AM) *

Good Job. I used to take my 914 on long trips regularly. I was doing 20K in the summer months alone. This is the way these cars should be used. I really loved it. I think next year I will start this again

Sounds like a great trip. The east coast is fantastic!!
Mike
altitude411
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 8 2016, 05:47 AM) *

Wish I could post pics, that skill eludes me, they will be on my Facebook page.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

To add pictures to your posts.... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

If you can run Facebook you can do this.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
DavidSweden
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 8 2016, 08:03 AM) *

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 8 2016, 05:47 AM) *

Wish I could post pics, that skill eludes me, they will be on my Facebook page.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

To add pictures to your posts.... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

If you can run Facebook you can do this.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Yes post some pictures
Tom_T
Ian, I absolutely LOVE to hear about folkks still taking their 914s on long trips! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

1500 miles in a day is quite a feat in itself, let alone in a +/- 45 year old car!!!!

Kudos to Mark on some obviously quality work too! smilie_pokal.gif
Hopefully you other Canadian Teeners are reading this too! shades.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Cracker
I missed that somewhere...1500 miles in a day! Damn! Impressive. Dangerous too.

Tony

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 8 2016, 12:42 PM) *

Ian, I absolutely LOVE to hear about folkks still taking their 914s on long trips! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

1500 miles in a day is quite a feat in itself, let alone in a +/- 45 year old car!!!!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
porbmw
Well done!
Am jealous, in a good way!
beerchug.gif
Ian Stott
[quote name='Cracker' date='Oct 8 2016, 01:50 PM' post='2408904']
I missed that somewhere...1500 miles in a day! Damn! Impressive. Dangerous too.

Tony

[quote name='Tom_T' post='2408899' date='Oct 8 2016, 12:42 PM']

beerchug.gif
Tom

756 miles guys, and that was quite enough, had a date with my pillow when I got home!

Ian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.