Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to me 1974 is here! Let the updates begin...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tygaboy
I still have a lot to do!
Dion
Chris, that is a sweet little blue car.
You are having too much fun!
Good on ya!
tygaboy
Mocking up the 911 front end! It's so nice working with nice new/clean parts...
tygaboy
Had some time to get started on the rear.
- Rebuilt trailing arms: Elephant Racing rubber bushings and pivot shafts, new bearings and a nice powdercoat!
- PMB rebuilt calipers, new rotors w/5 lug conversion
- Koni shocks with Elephant Racing helper springs
tygaboy
I still need to paint the lug nuts but I couldn't wait to see how the wheels would look. wub.gif

(And don't forget to tell your friends, it'll be for sale at/after WCR in June...)
steuspeed
Geez! Why sell this? It's looking really nice and great upgrades. What prep and paint process did you use on the floors?

driving.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Apr 8 2017, 11:22 AM) *

Geez! Why sell this? It's looking really nice and great upgrades. What prep and paint process did you use on the floors?

driving.gif

I have too many projects and I need the room. Probably shouldn't have bought this one in the first place. It's a super nice car and will make someone a great driver.

(iwanta914-6, I'm talkin' to you...! poke.gif )

On the floors, I wire wheeled the rust, Ospho'd, then primer and top coat. I had the Olympic blue spray cans made up at the local auto paint store.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Apr 8 2017, 02:16 PM) *

It's a super nice car and will make someone a great driver.

(iwanta914-6, I'm talkin' to you...! :poke.

With all of those amazing upgrades I'm sure it will be way out of my range, but who knows...it looks great!
tygaboy
So I took a deep breath and went for installing the driver's long carpet.
I did all I could to dry "press fit" it to see where it wanted to pucker, bridge, etc.
It seemed the area that would need trimming was the outer most section near the ebrake indent.
I started by gluing down the rear section, from the indent back. Then glued the indent area down.
You have to watch this because, the indent shape causes the carpet to twist such that the edge that runs down the door seal edge of the long will want to move out.
I focused on getting that edge lined up then went to work on forcing the puckers and bridges to hold in place.
As suspected, there was a bit of trimming needed right at the edge, just where the indent is.
All told, this piece took about 15 minutes to finish.

I think it turned out nicely!
tygaboy
Injured my shoulder and the Dr. says "rest it". So, this means I can't work on the car!!!
I've talked with a couple of local-ish shops so on the trailer it goes...
But I had to make it a roller. Really fun working with 1.25 arms when putting wheels on. Anyway, I got it done.

Man, this is gonna be one nice little car. wub.gif

Fingers crossed it'll make it to WCR.
Cairo94507
Nice fitment on that section of carpet. beerchug.gif
bulitt
You did a great job on that car! Someone got a beauty!

smilie_pokal.gif
Pezz
Thanks for all the photos, Nice work, All the restos to strive for. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.