Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What race seats fit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racergreg
Does anyone have experience fitting racing seats into a 914? This is for my track-only car, so I don't need to worry about the original seat rails; I will most likely use side mounts and bolt the seat to the floor.

Please let me know the seat make and model that you have successfully used. Thanks! biggrin.gif
eeyore
Ultra Shield Race Products

4 widths. 10 and 20 degree layback. Fairly cheap. Easy to mount since the bottom is solid.

Quite comfortable for street use too. A two hour trip didn't hurt. A friend thought it was just as comfortable as a stock seat.
slivel
I put a Cobra Imola 2 in my 914, but to make it work I cut the drivers side cross member out. This isn't a problem in my car as it is full caged and there are no strength issues.
nebreitling
got a momo "start" on stock rail sliders in mine. will only fit w/ backpad in if you're short. nice seat, though (thanks, felix!)
campbellcj
Cobra Suzuka, sidemounts, bolted to floor (w/ reinforcements), cut-out crossbar.
Series9
Corbeau Forza on mounts that I made bolted to the stock locations.
Thorshammer
I have a MOMO corse seat, but moved the seat so the right hand side (drivers seat) is against the tunnel and then built mounts for the other three corners. It's nice to be inline with the wheel and pedals, and I can put a same size seat in the right hand side no problem. I do not use a back pad in the race car. I don't think you will either.

Erik Madsen
Randal
Kirkey's work great and hold you in.
TimT
I have a Momo Nascar in my 914, aluminum mounts bolted to the floor.
joea9146
I have 2 Kirkey Seats, The Driver Seat is the Deluxe and is
mounted on rails and sits a little higher than the passenger seat.
The Passenger seat in the Kirkey Intermediate Seat.
Both seats are 17 inches Wide
joea9146
Lets see if this Picture is Better :

GTS
Well a nice race and competition seat which serves great as a daily driver is our Rallye ST,with openings for 5-6 point harness set up,a period look and crash tested by the DEKRA for the EU.
GTS
here istalled in a 914/6 GT replic
for more GTS-classics.com
xsboost90
im putting these in, ill let you know how later...
guywan914
GTS how about more info on those seats:price, material, mounting, and do the haedrests fit in the 914?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.