Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Falken Azenis tires on Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Can you run Falken Azenis tires on 2 liter Fuch alloys? Will they clear the wheel well without flaring? The wheels I picked up last weekend turned out to not be 15X6. They are the same size and offset as the 2 liter Fuch alloys I already have on the car. So what are you running with these tires? Not Aaron as he is running 5 lug.
Aaron Cox
lots of people run them on 5.5 inch rims.... 6 is better 7 is Recommened
SirAndy
yupp, they'll work fine ...

cool.gif Andy
rhodyguy
205/50/15 potenza. i can't imagine the cross section is too much different. oe 4 lug fuch. tiny rub at full lock. i can still run my fingers in between the tire and the lip on the rear. your experience may vary?

k

grantsfo
I ran 205/50/15 Falkens on my 5.5 Fuchs and they fit great. Just make sure to run pressures over 36 PSI or they get sloppy.
hmeeder
Scott;

I know several people that run the Azenis on Fuchs and other Porsche wheels (as I do) and I don't know of any clearance issues. Though I would have to disagree with Grant. On the street I run them at 32 and when Autocrossing I start those tires at 25 lbs cold and tweak the pressure from there depending on the track conditions and layout.

When I was instructing at our regions' most recent driving school 2 weeks ago I ran the tires at 32 lbs. I was feeling lazy and had left them at the pressure I run them on the street. I found them to be squirrely and I was skating around like Dorothy Hammel on speed (anyone says that 914s can't spin a 360 aren't trying hard enough!)

I know people differ greatly on tire pressure so that's just me.
Dave-O
yep,

David
MattR
Scott, I dont know for sure, but logic tells me to stick with 195s on 5.5" wheels. Its possible you end up decreasing your sidewall stiffness to the point where the extra 10mm you would gain by running a 205 vs a 195 is lost.

The azines RT-615s are out now. They have a 195 50 15 tire that would be killer for autox. It doesnt show in stock at vulcan tire, but I bet if you search around you can find a set.
skline
Well, they are on their way here so I will know in just a little while.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 19 2005, 10:23 PM)
Well, they are on their way here so I will know in just a little while.

195's or 205's?

rt 215 or 615s?

195 50's would be even shorter then a 205 50 ohmy.gif way fun
MattR
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 19 2005, 09:27 PM)
195 50's would be even shorter then a 205 50 ohmy.gif way fun

Perfecto for autox. Imagine the 195 50 15s with his already torquey 2l... geesh. Slap on some paint and you got yourself a real race car!
skline
QUOTE (MattR @ Apr 19 2005, 10:42 PM)
195 50's would be even shorter then a 205 50  :o  way fun

Perfecto for autox. Imagine the 195 50 15s with his already torquey 2l... geesh. Slap on some paint and you got yourself a real race car!

They are 205's and they are the newer ones and it has paint on it, it's just grey and not shiny. Too much to do and not enough time in a week.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 19 2005, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Apr 19 2005, 10:42 PM)
195 50's would be even shorter then a 205 50  :o  way fun

They are 205's and they are the newer ones and it has paint on it, it's just grey and not shiny. Too much to do and not enough time in a week.

RT-615's i assume....

very cool.... they will have some serious sidewall bulge.... but thats due to a 5.5 inch rim....
my 6" rims make them have a subtle bulge...
MattR
My 7s are perfect for the wheel, but not my fender... sawzall-smiley.gif

its primer not paint. these are porsches, not camaros laugh.gif

I wish i had some time to help you out scott. Maybe tomorrow i can run down and help you sand for a little bit? I'm off at 1pm.
skline
That would be cool, I have work to do until about then anyway. Need to get the hood done and cowl and then change the drivers door again with one that is all together to same some time. Plus I need to get the tires mounted and balanced and put them on the car. Lots to do yet. I am also going to pull the interior out of the Chalon and put it in the 2 liter. One seat isnt enough and the rattling would drive me nuts. Then finish installing the stereo and speakers. Could use your help with whatever you could offer.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (MattR @ Apr 19 2005, 08:09 PM)
... They have a 195 50 15 tire that would be killer for autox. ...

Sort of. I mean, the extra torque is nice, and the feedback from the contact patch is just fabulous. But you better get used to shifting!! 2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3... I feel like I row the damn car sometimes!!! Sometimes you get killed because the more important parts of the course are in between gears for you, so you have to upshift and downshift while your competitors just hold the lower gear. Doesn't seem to happen all that often, but it does happen.

Herb writes:
(anyone says that 914s can't spin a 360 aren't trying hard enough!)

Heck, you can do multiple 360s (at least one in each direction!) even without trying, sometimes! I was pegged at the top of 3rd gear and lost the back end of the car (whoops, forgot the last slalom cone was shorter than the rest!). Went round and round and round... I tried to catch it a couple of times, but that just sent me around the other way. I wound up doing at least 3 360s. Thank heaven Alameda has tons of run-off room.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.