Full Version: My 915 Transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
What can you tell me from the pictures:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
soloracer
Since Brad has given me a hard time about not having any new pictures here are a couple (sorry for the dirty cars.....damn muddy roads and greasy hands):

IPB Image

Porsche 944 Intercooler, C2 Calipers and standard 1 litre oil container in the shot for size comparison to back of car.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Joe Bob
Get a serial number off of the trans.....

Looks like you have all the Vellious goodies...that may be a good thing.....Brad seems to be of the opinion that it needs work to work right. Was it in a running car yet?
Brad Roberts
It's up side down.. and appears to be a early mag case.

B
soloracer
IPB Image

IPB Image

I found this number on the side of the case: 9153011020R
The number on the rib on the bottom of the case is pretty much wore off. Where else might I found the number?

Also, from the appearance it would seem as though this transmission sat outside for a long time. Note the rust on the flanges, fork and input shaft. Everything turns really smoothly though and the gear selector seems to move nicely. Can this rust be cleaned off such that parts are not damaged (Ie: the splines on the shaft are not destroyed)?
seanery
Did Andy take those pics for you?
Damn those last ones are out of focus!

Andy PUT THAT CAMERA DOWN!!!
Mike T
Hey Soloracer, what's the width and backspacing of those rear wheels? What flares are those?

Mike T
soloracer
Mike: I believe the rear rims are 17 x 12's but am not sure how to confirm. They are a Kinesis wheel if that helps any. As for the flares they are from Sheridan Motorsports and their product can be seen at www.ulitmate914.com If I'm not mistaken the car has the widebody rear and standard body front.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.