Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DIY console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
thinking about building my own version of a center console... anyone have the dimemsions of the pieces that I could use? is this info out there on that new-fangled internet thingy?
cgnj
Center console intructions

Carlos
tat2dphreak
sweet DUDE thanks!

aktion035.gif

thank god for BABELFISH
JWest
I tried to find that for you the other day but I couldn't - then I forgot to look again! Sorry. smash.gif
tat2dphreak
no problemo man... you just keep making Rennshifters!!!

I found a pleasant surprise also... when i pulled my engine/tranny, I found out it WAS already a side shifter.... I just don't know what Bushings I need to make it shift better now... and then the Rennshifter this winter!
JWest
That's cool that its already a side-shift!

If you want to do all the bushings, then you need one at the firewall (carefull, it is a conversion bushing since your car was originally a tail-shift).

There are two bushings in the coupler just behind the firewall (inside the rubber boot).

There are two bushings in shift console at the trans (under the big plastic cover thing). One is for the rod to slide through, and the other is a cup bushing.
tat2dphreak
ok, I wasn't sure about the conversion bushing... I thought I may need the plain old side-shift firewall bushing

also... the rear rod seems to be mushroomed/stuck into the shifter ball in the tranny.... I had to leave that rod in the transmission to drop the engine...

the rod will spin but not move forward and backward... confused24.gif any clue on how to get that out?
Bleyseng
There is a cone screw that you remove so the rod will detach from the ball socket. I think its a 5mm hex.

Geoff
tat2dphreak
I have seen that that is what was *supposed* to be there... but there was actually a much larger BOLT(still conical) with about a 11 or 13mm head...

I removed that BOLT which allowed the rod to spin in the holder... which is why I think it mushroomed
JWest
In that case it is probably time for: smash.gif

Actually I would probably try a gear puller.
tat2dphreak
yeah, the smash.gif didn't work with a punch...

so I was thinking fighting19.gif

but I'll try the gear puller first headbang.gif when I replace that bushing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.