Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TDC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
this is where my TDC is marked but I have a different blower housing. Is yours at the same place on the bottom or is it just me?
Mueller
that looks right

Mueller
as for the marking on the bottom @ the 6:00 postition, I've never seen that placed there before...normally you have to look for the TDC thru the hole in the fan housing

Joe Ricard
I''ll bet sombody decided to make the mark easier to see. When your mark (in the pic) is lined up look through the hole in the fan housing should see the mark on the fan lines up in the V groove.
I assume you know what tool NOT to use to double check TDC of # 1 piston. wink.gif
d914
uuoh, uoooh,,,,,,,CHOPSTICKS smilie_pokal.gif drooley.gif
machina
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Apr 21 2005, 12:43 PM)
I''ll bet sombody decided to make the mark easier to see. When your mark (in the pic) is lined up look through the hole in the fan housing should see the mark on the fan lines up in the V groove.
I assume you know what tool NOT to use to double check TDC of # 1 piston. wink.gif

this housing doesn't have a port to view at the top, that's why I'm asking. Guess I'll use a chopstick.
Jake Raby
Mueller,
Youv'e never seen a fan housing like that one either I bet.....

what secrets that baby holds within it's confines!

(It didn't come from a Porsche) boldblue.gif

There is no hole in top of it and thats why TDC is marked on the other end of things...
Joe Ricard
So how the hell are you going to time that thing? I suppose you could use the template on PP and do it upside down? idea.gif
Chopsticks ha ha ha I crack me up. You know I'd a never admitted that
Jake Raby
Nope, you can see it perfectly from under the car... or even from the top side shooting down with a timing light...
Reiche
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Apr 21 2005, 12:06 PM)
(It didn't come from a Porsche) boldblue.gif

There is no hole in top of it and thats why TDC is marked on the other end of things...

Is it a Vanagon shroud? A friend of mine had a Vanagon and I remember wondering where the timing access hole went....
machina
QUOTE (Reiche @ Apr 21 2005, 03:34 PM)
Is it a Vanagon shroud?

yup
Jake Raby
It's been Rabyized too............
machina
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Apr 21 2005, 05:24 PM)
It's been Rabyized too............

just wondering about TDC...

does it have to be spot on within say less than 1 deg when looking at the fan or flywheel?

can it be off a little bit either way and still have both valves on the cylinder fully closed?
opera guy
QUOTE (d914 @ Apr 21 2005, 10:10 AM)
uuoh, uoooh,,,,,,,CHOPSTICKS smilie_pokal.gif drooley.gif

LMFAO
Reiche
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Apr 21 2005, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Reiche @ Apr 21 2005, 03:34 PM)
Is it a Vanagon shroud?

yup

What do I win? A Rabyized shroud? boldblue.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Damn, Opera guy, you ain't never gonna live that one down!!!! lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.