Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0L engine Tin diagram?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boomingbeetle
I am gathering up engine tin to install on a long block, but I'm not sure what I am missing. Diagrams are not as easy to find as the type one. I want to get all pieces powder coated at once. Here are some pictures of what I have. Not pictured- oil cooler, thermostat, fan pully, and the piece that goes above the flywheel.

Click to view attachment
Boomingbeetle
Click to view attachment
euro911
Items I don't see in your pix (or the list of parts you state you have)

There are two pieces across the front of motor, attaching to the fan housing and cylinder top tins

IPB Image

There are also two warm air guide plates that attach under the push rod tubes not shown. A lot of folks don't run them, but if you want a correct complete set, you will need those too ...

bdstone914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 4 2016, 02:22 PM) *

There are two pieces across the front of motor, attaching to the fan housing and cylinder top tins

IPB Image

There are also two warm air guide plates that attach under the push rod tubes not shown. A lot of folks don't run them, but if you want a correct complete set, you will need those too ...

Mark,
You are correct that the warm air guides are not there.

To the OP: Are you using the late 75-76 heat exchangers or earlier ones? You have both early and late J tubes in the picture. The warm air guides are different for early and late heat exchangers. I should have either set. You are much better off with the early heat exchangers. What exhaust are you going to use? That affects which heat exchangers are used.
You can download the whole Porsche PET catalogs here:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...partscatalogue/
barefoot
The PET is you friend, look at illustrations 115-00 & 115-05 for engine tin

bitsClick to view attachment
Boomingbeetle
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 4 2016, 02:28 PM) *

To the OP: Are you using the late 75-76 heat exchangers or earlier ones? You have both early and late J tubes in the picture. The warm air guides are different for early and late heat exchangers. I should have either set. You are much better off with the early heat exchangers. What exhaust are you going to use? That affects which heat exchangers are used.
You can download the whole Porsche PET catalogs here:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...partscatalogue/

Is that Bruce? Now I recognize you. I bought a pair of seat height adjuster mounts from you at the swap meet a few weeks ago at your shop. I'm not going to run exchangers at all, I haven't purchased an exhaust yet, but it will have headers smile.gif. If it's chilly, I'll put on a sweater! I'd gladly trade all the heater components for the tin I am missing (the front piece in the photo, and the piece above the flywheel)

Boomingbeetle

IPB Image

I do have the guide plates, they are installed in the motor already. I do not have the piece you show
euro911
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 4 2016, 02:22 PM) *

IPB Image

Put on your glasses Mark. The top tins a next to the fan shroud. The under cylinder tins are there. You are correct that the warm air guides are not there.

I see you found YOUR glasses and edited your original post, Brucey slap.gif

poke.gif

welcome.png Boom ... nice looking motor you're building up thumb3d.gif
Boomingbeetle
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 4 2016, 04:56 PM) *

welcome.png Boom ... nice looking motor you're building up thumb3d.gif

Mark, I've built a few in my day but I can't take credit for this one. I bought it as is, never installed from a project that stalled out and the owner needed to sell. It was built for a 356, so there are a few things I needed to swap.
bdstone914

Is that Bruce? Now I recognize you. I bought a pair of seat height adjuster mounts from you at the swap meet a few weeks ago at your shop. I'm not going to run exchangers at all, I haven't purchased an exhaust yet, but it will have headers smile.gif. If it's chilly, I'll put on a sweater! I'd gladly trade all the heater components for the tin I am missing (the front piece in the photo, and the piece above the flywheel)
[/quote]

Yes it is me.
I dont need more heater tin. I will have to check for the front tin parts. Nor sure if Mark has the ones he pictured or was just oosting a picture to show the missing parts.
Bruce
euro911
Yeah, pic was from a previous F/S ad. I sold most of my 'spare' tins earlier in the year. I'll look around to see if I have any more hiding somewhere, but I doubt it.
Drex
hello

in the 914PetE PDF above
all the illustrations say
year is 76

does this apply to all 914s
or is there a different PET for 1971?

thanks

D rex
Dave_Darling
The PET should contain all years. There will be an application column denoting what car type (914, 914-6) or what engine size (1.7, 1,8, 1.8V, 2.0) and in some cases a note about what year or VIN range the part is for.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.