Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 914-6 Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
vintage914racer
Original steering wheel from 914-6
Part Number: 914 347 806 10
Date Stamp: 3/70

Use the wheel as is or recover with new leather. Original leather is cracked and weathered. Some call it patina...

$650 shipped in continental US

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Fitton
Correction date stamp 3/70.
vintage914racer
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Nov 7 2016, 06:15 PM) *

Correction date stamp 3/70.

Thanks for catching that...apparently it's been a long day.
mepstein
Finally, someone correctly calling a 914-6 wheel that's really a 914-6 wheel, not just an early 914-4 wheel.
vintage914racer
Price reduced
johnhora
do you have a picture of the hub side center....thanks
vintage914racer
QUOTE(johnhora @ Dec 6 2016, 09:17 AM) *

do you have a picture of the hub side center....thanks

Photo added
johnhora
Thanks for the picture...sending pm
vintage914racer
QUOTE(johnhora @ Dec 7 2016, 10:24 AM) *

Thanks for the picture...sending pm

Pm replied
Mike Fitton
Close-up pictures show some stitching is obviously missing but your PM reply to me says there is no stitching missing? Anyone else see what I see?
echocanyons
It looks like it also includes the signal cancelling ring and the horn contact button as seen in your pictures.
vintage914racer
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 7 2016, 07:19 PM) *

Close-up pictures show some stitching is obviously missing but your PM reply to me says there is no stitching missing? Anyone else see what I see?

Your reply suggests that I'm trying to misrepresent the posting. That's not my intent. I'm no online parts selling tycoon, however I've sold at least 50 different 356, 911 and 914-6 parts online. To date I've not had any complaints or requests to return based on misrepresentation. I suppose there's always a first, but it will never be due to malicious intent.

Admittedly my vision is getting worse and perhaps I'm overlooking stitching that I don't know should be there. To that end I advise anyone considering this wheel that they should have it re-covered. If you're questioning the condition or uncomfortable with what you see don't consider it. It's been in a car for 46 years---one that's been driven opposed to being hermetically sealed. The leather is worn. It has patina. It should probably get reupholstered. It's certainly not destined for a concours winning car.

The reality is, however, that most prospects will have it double wrapped and put into a hot rod of sorts. That seems like a lot of money to spend if you ask me, but it's being done. Whether that's right or wrong depends on who you ask I suppose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.