Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of bare butts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
porschetub
On the subject...why was the rear valance omitted on the GT ?,exhaust pipe clearance,weight or better cooling come to mind confused24.gif .
Wow some nice cars so far beer.gif .
burton73
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

The butts have it- The naked truth.

Bob B
yellowporky
This ones butt keeps growing, now in its final stage. Started with SC flares, went to Turbo flares, 914 gt flares and now to the sheridan rear. Tired of buying flare options wacko.gif wacko.gif

Click to view attachment
Garland
Triad W/Briefs
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
I think the rear valance catches air and causes a lot of drag.
defianty
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 22 2017, 10:02 PM) *

On the subject...why was the rear valance omitted on the GT ?,exhaust pipe clearance,weight or better cooling come to mind confused24.gif .

It was purely down to cooling. The reason the original long valances were shortened was because they trapped so much heat.
JawjaPorsche
biggrin.gif
Cracker
By all indications of pictures taken from actual race cars - it appears it depends whether you want your car to go faster and/or period correct? Breaking away from "rules" typical leads to speed but as I can attest - snubs you by way of anyone with the purest intentions in mind (sigh). Here are a few pics of good examples of race cars - ending with an early build pic of my hot-rod. Your car is beautiful no matter what you do back there...

PS: I am personally not a fan of naked rears...especially with tail pipes sticking straight out. I am, however, a bigger fan of "speed and performance" and that trumps anesthetics all-day for me.

Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
old914dog
Early may in Texas
v82go
Stock fenders pulled out aprox 1.5" per side with 7" fuchs and yes she looks a bit
busy
Montreal914
Plain and simple factory style port hole valance with flared chrome angled tip.

Couldn't find a flared car picture. These are from Hemmings website.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
For whatever reasons the gt valance was a "Delete" at Zuffenhausen ; maybe the fiberglass shop stayed out too late beerchug.gif the night before ; but the GT's were built that way. For me this was my choice, pic from WCR 2005 / Howard's Party ยก!
Click to view attachment
914_teener
I like the Triad. Not sure about the valance delete yet

Found a beat up one to straighten and customize. Keeping the stock single in case I change my mind.

Click to view attachment
lonewolfe
Some beautiful cars posted in this thread! Great work guys!
VegasRacer
Early metal snow plow valance with the exhaust port hole moved over about 6 inches. Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Sorry the pic does not look that great but current pic sitting on all four stands:
Click to view attachment
GregAmy
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
OK this is the fairest of them all, only because it won first.gif LeMans 24 in 1970 driving.gif and that I got to work on it for a few days pray.gif Click to view attachment
raw1298
A work in progress, not bare though.
porschetub
QUOTE(defianty @ Sep 23 2017, 08:50 PM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 22 2017, 10:02 PM) *

It was purely down to cooling. The reason the original long valances were shortened was because they trapped so much heat.

Thanks all who replied on this subject,you look @ them and they are reverse to air flow under the car,the six pumps a lot of hot air out underneath ,rev on up on a dusty road you know or be under the car when running even @ idle.
My rear valance traps sand and gets a pounding from gravel on my crappy entrance road,its nice and been restored ,might remove it and expose my ass so to speak and display me dented but otherwise good 2 in 1 out stock muffler lol-2.gif lol-2.gif .
Click to view attachment

porschetub
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 24 2017, 01:52 AM) *

By all indications of pictures taken from actual race cars - it appears it depends whether you want your car to go faster and/or period correct? Breaking away from "rules" typical leads to speed but as I can attest - snubs you by way of anyone with the purest intentions in mind (sigh). Here are a few pics of good examples of race cars - ending with an early build pic of my hot-rod. Your car is beautiful no matter what you do back there...

PS: I am personally not a fan of naked rears...especially with tail pipes sticking straight out. I am, however, a bigger fan of "speed and performance" and that trumps anesthetics all-day for me.

Tony

cool pic Tony noticed the engine lid up ,p#ss poor rear vision maybe the driver was too far in the lead to worry biggrin.gif .
Socalandy
both my bootyshake.gif
PanelBilly
Here's mine. Exhaust is mostly hidden and the valance is clean.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.