Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of bare butts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
23e Heure
It looks like there are 3 main choices with the rear end when running GT flares.

1) Long rear valence (briefs)
2) Short rear valence (knickers)
3) No rear valence (g-string)

They all look good, but I just can't make my mind up which to go for.

I can find plenty of photos of option 3 with 2in-2out mufflers, which do look cool and "GT correct".

However, I have a 'traditional' 2in-1out 911 muffler fitted to my car at present and am not sure I will install a LOUD 2out option (as I will use the car for long euro road trips and am deaf enough already thanks).

Before I decide on which of the 3 options I'm going for, and which muffler, I'd be really interested to see the various combos people are running.

That is to say: Please post your photos of all 3 options and with as many muffler combos as you've got.

I'll kick things off with an easy one to find. Option 3 with a 2 in 2 out racing muffler:

IPB Image
sixnotfour
no fog light lol-2.gif
Gunn1
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Nov 19 2016, 09:56 AM) *

It looks like there are 3 main choices with the rear end when running GT flares.

1) Long rear valence (briefs)
2) Short rear valence (knickers)
3) No rear valence (g-string)

They all look good, but I just can't make my mind up which to go for.

I can find plenty of photos of option 3 with 2in-2out mufflers, which do look cool and "GT correct".

However, I have a 'traditional' 2in-1out 911 muffler fitted to my car at present and am not sure I will install a LOUD 2out option (as I will use the car for long euro road trips and am deaf enough already thanks).

Before I decide on which of the 3 options I'm going for, and which muffler, I'd be really interested to see the various combos people are running.

That is to say: Please post your photos of all 3 options and with as many muffler combos as you've got.

I'll kick things off with an easy one to find. Option 3 with a 2 in 2 out racing muffler:

IPB Image

I like the first one that's posted, but one thing I noticed is the engine lid looks a little different. All screen and no panel?
Elliot Cannon
Bare butt, ugly muffler with Euro Headers. biggrin.gif
nein14
Here one
Click to view attachment
wes
Click to view attachment
After years of off and on work this is her! I might add ( with much patience ) she is still not completely right but so close.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(wes @ Nov 19 2016, 02:33 PM) *

Click to view attachment
After years of off and on work this is her! I might add ( with much patience ) she is still not completely right but so close.

Nice car! Is that a Tangerine muffler? If so, I'd love to hear a sound clip.
ndfrigi
3 rears
Click to view attachment

rear with US lens
Click to view attachment

rear with Euro lens
Click to view attachment
wes
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Nov 19 2016, 03:56 PM) *

QUOTE(wes @ Nov 19 2016, 02:33 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Nice car! Is that a Tangerine muffler? If so, I'd love to hear a sound clip.

Thanks! Yes it is the Tangerine muffler and I love it, some say it's to loud but when you're driving it just seems to blend well with the Webber's. A sound clip to come but she's in the shop still trying to get the eng just right.
Andyrew
Click to view attachment

I like this look personally biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
Here is my butt!
Coondog
Click to view attachment
raynekat
As bare as it gets....
with mood lighting as well. bootyshake.gif

Click to view attachment
struckn
Before without & After with

IPB Image[/URL][/img]

IPB Image
jkb944t
Bare rear.

Click to view attachment

Jeff B
Dion
Before the build challenge. Happier days :-) No valance.
Raptor07
Here mine, with original exhaust

Click to view attachment
Rleog
At long last, this seemingly never ending project runs, thanks to Chris Foley and Ed Morrow (and Genaro) at Tangerine Racing.

It sports a bare butt now. Fiberglas bumper gets fitted next. I'll see how it looks then. Hate to cover up all of that Tangerine exhaust.

IPB Image

mlindner
23e Heure, very nice...can you post a few more pictures of the car. Love the paint schene and what size rim are you running. Thanks, Mark
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
23e Heure
QUOTE(mlindner @ Nov 20 2016, 12:38 PM) *

23e Heure, very nice...can you post a few more pictures of the car. Love the paint schene and what size rim are you running. Thanks, Mark

Sadly not my car, Mark. That one is the real thing, an original GT: Ernst Seiler car, chassis 043 0181.
Now living in perfect restored condition in the UK:
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/9146gt_factory...rs_sn9140430181
23e Heure
Thanks for all the different photos guys, keep them coming.

I'd love to get some shots of cars with GT flares, no valence, and a stock 911 2in/1out muffler.

This is the closest I could find so far, although this 2in/1out has been modded to have an extra 2 outs...

IPB Image
nein14
Here's a close pic of the 930 tip on the full open header

Click to view attachment
Phoenix-MN
Click to view attachment
sb914
bootyshake.gif
sled9146
Headers, 2 in, 2 out
tazz9924
Commin in with the dirty stacked pipesClick to view attachment
914forme
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Nov 20 2016, 10:46 AM) *

Thanks for all the different photos guys, keep them coming.

I'd love to get some shots of cars with GT flares, no valence, and a stock 911 2in/1out muffler.

This is the closest I could find so far, although this 2in/1out has been modded to have an extra 2 outs...

IPB Image

Do we know of more pictures of this GT?

Love to see the rear shock towers in more detail.
Madswede
2-in 2-out Dansk muffler on my 3,2. I think this is an "option 3" example. shades.gif

Click to view attachment
23e Heure
Your car looks great, Jon!
23e Heure
QUOTE(914forme @ Nov 20 2016, 08:37 PM) *

Do we know of more pictures of this GT?
Love to see the rear shock towers in more detail.

IPB Image
JP3
Here is mine. Not GT flares. Beck rear end.

Click to view attachment
sb914
bootyshake.gif Click to view attachment
gms
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Mine has the tail pipe hidden from view

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
pete000
My six, Fiberglass short rear valance modified with flared ends.
VaccaRabite
IPB Image
Mine after hacking the rear up for dual out.

My personal opinion is that they don't look finished or balanced w/o the rear valence.
RickS
As the saying goes, bare butts drive me nuts.
carcus
Dang you guys....quit giving me ideas until my Christmas is paid for!!!!
914dave
As bare as you can get. HeheClick to view attachment
jt914-6
Click to view attachment
Madswede
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Nov 21 2016, 11:34 AM) *

Your car looks great, Jon!

Thank you! biggrin.gif
type2man
Click to view attachment
23e Heure
Now that my own car is almost finished, I thought I should come back to this thread and post a pic.

Even though I'm running a standard (for a 6) 911 2 in 1 out, I may remove the lower valance and see how I like the car without it...

IPB Image
Larmo63
Personally, except for pure race cars, 914s look like they have something missing body-wise without the rear valance.

JMHO.
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 22 2017, 12:03 PM) *

Personally, except for pure race cars, 914s look like they have something missing body-wise without the rear valance.

JMHO.

Great thread! A lot of cool ideas shared here. The originator of the thread was trying to decide what to do with GT flares and a rear valance. My car is not running yet but will have a Dansk 2 in 1 out muffler and MSDS fiberglass rear valance that Marty had molded to fit his car with real Porsche flares on it. I agree with Larmo 63's comment.

Fit up on mine shown
Click to view attachment
Retroracer
Preferred look is zero valance...

Click to view attachment
SKL1
Click to view attachment

Triad exhaust with "solo" option, stock '73 valance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.