Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doridori
Dear all 914 fans,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Got some questions:

1. I found a 1975 914. Here are the pictures (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0zGPRIEVZYnMlRSZGZpMkh6Z2M?usp=sharing). What do you think would be a fair value for this car?

2. Where do I see the engine serial number to make sure that it matches the body's serial number?

3. In your opinion, how much will 914 value increase over the next 5 years based on your personal forecast?

4. Since this car is year 1975, it shouldn't require smog check in California, correct?

I really appreciate everybody's input and advice.

Cheers!

Mikey914
1- It's a 1.8, which makes it not the most desirable model (2.0 seems to be the preference.) values is hard to determine from pictures. The hell hole is not shown. There is rust on the firewall from the back pad, and in the trunk. If the rust is not too bad. Between $3500 and 15k. There has been some work here, but the devil is in the details.

If you are truly looking for an investment car, y
Look to spend 10-25k, for a well sorted car. There should be documentation of the rust or repair. To give you an idea I have a car that was inexpensive and have 6k + in repairs and it's not even back together yet.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ks+project+cary

I'll be well into the 15 range when completely restored, and I've done it on a budget.

The example has promise, but really need to get a knowledgeable person to look at the issues.

2-You need a COA from
Porsche to match the numbers. I'd suspect they may as the engine is a 1.8. Need to be a member of PCA or have a buddy that can order you a copy. $75 if I recall.

3-Really hard to say. Shouldn't go down, but if they hit 356 of early 911 money I'd say it's going to be more than 5 years, but look at the 914/6. They jumped up over the course of 3 years to 5-10x the value. However there were a lot less made. 75 is a more common year, heck I have 3 75s. The early 70, 73 2.0 Appearance group, and late 76 seem to be the most common collectibles. Of course the LE Canam 74 series , but they have already seen some appreciation. Mostly condition would dictate the higher values.

4- Not sure.

Look for the best example you can find, spend a little more up front, or if you can do the work, this could be a great project, really depends on your motivation.

As an investment your primary returns will be in the pleasure you get driving the car.
Coondog
agree.gif

No smog required, 1976 cars and above required.
yellow75
That luggage rack takes about $2K off. LOL,
whitetwinturbo
.................I believe it is no smog on 1975 {or less} if you are a comrade of Kaliforniacation
Steve
My car is also a 75. No smog check. Most important thing with these cars is rust. If the rust is minimal I would not shy away from any year 73 and later. Just depends if your a concourse weanie and are looking for a specific year car. My car has every possible mod on it. Back dated bumpers, etc
ndfrigi
Mine too is a 75 1.8 FI and no Smog needed. And for your info it is covered with Hagerty Insurance for $18k guaranteed for less than $250 a year dues.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.