Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber Rear Bumper Top & License Plate Light Housing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
I purchased one of Mark's rear bumper tops. It's very well made, and with a little effort I got it mounted to the bumper nicely. It's such a great improvement over the old raggedy one I had. A little chrome cleaning/polishing and the rear bumper on my '72 looks much nicer!

But (there's always a but, it seems), the license plate light housing has me scratching my head a bit. On one side of the new bumper top there appear to be two holes partly pre-punched where I assume the screws for the light housing would go. But the holes are spaced wider than the old top and don't line up with the light housing. On the other side there's only one pre-punched hole.

Do I just need to drill a hole in new top for the screws? I assume there's a small metal insert in there similar to the old one. Here's a pic of one of the lights. The housing did line up with the holes on the old bumper top. Again, early car/bumper.

Thanks all.

Click to view attachment
Steve
Yep, he messed up on the holes. He was supposed to make adapters, but I have not seen them yet. You might be able to drill new holes, but I would wait for additional feedback. I installed a lighted license plate frame for now. Curious, is yours straight across with no sag? Also curious if yours flairs out at the ends? Both my front and rear 914rubber bumper tops stick out on the sides.
BeatNavy
Bolllocks. dry.gif Thanks Steve.

Mine doesn't seem to sag in the middle. I did struggle a bit to get it on the ends, and so it may flare slightly at the ends. I assumed that it would settle in over time, especially when it's warmer.

Off to the in-laws for Thanksgiving. I'll see about posting a pic later this week.
Mikey914
Yes will need to retool these. Will do so this next year. Hate to redo stuff, but yeah we will need to fix this.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.