Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Single post 6000 lift?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I have a Mid Ride scissor lift which I love. Came across this single post 6000lb lift. First one of these I have seen. Just wondered if anyone has one & had any issues. Can it truly handle the weight with out tipping? What are the negative's with this setup. Only down side with my scissor lift is to pull the motor. You have to get it in just the right spot on the lift. Which is a little off center. Nothing that has been an issue but I like how open & easy this lift would be for that.

Realistically I don't need 2 lifts. So I'd be looking to replace my mid rise with this. Worth doing?Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
The one thing I do like is if you put the post against a wall you still have very usable space under a car.

I have no problem with a well built one post lift. I used to build scissor lifts, but we also made a one post I really liked.
Think about how a forklift works, basicly this is what this is.

You have to have a good concrete floor, I definitely wouldn't try a lift anything on asphalt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOVfuWmNgKY
wndsrfr
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 25 2016, 10:14 PM) *

I have a Mid Ride scissor lift which I love. Came across this single post 6000lb lift. First one of these I have seen. Just wondered if anyone has one & had any issues. Can it truly handle the weight with out tipping? What are the negative's with this setup. Only down side with my scissor lift is to pull the motor. You have to get it in just the right spot on the lift. Which is a little off center. Nothing that has been an issue but I like how open & easy this lift would be for that.

Realistically I don't need 2 lifts. So I'd be looking to replace my mid rise with this. Worth doing?Click to view attachment

If you're going to set your car up for the track with the suspension lowered at all, you'll have to build ramp boards to use the one post.....my ground clearance is about 4 inches....would get hung up on this as pictured.
mepstein
The nice thing about buying a lift for a 2k lb car is almost anything will work. If your going to use it for other modern cars like heavy trucks you have to look hard at the specs.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Nov 26 2016, 07:57 AM) *

If you're going to set your car up for the track with the suspension lowered at all, you'll have to build ramp boards to use the one post.....my ground clearance is about 4 inches....would get hung up on this as pictured.

I watched another vid on YT and this thing rolled around like a pallet truck, easy on a smooth floor. So lowered car you could put the wheels on 4"blocks (small removable ramps) and roll the lift under the car.
Another option is to sink this into the floor.
JRust
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 26 2016, 06:00 AM) *

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Nov 26 2016, 07:57 AM) *

I watched another vid on YT and this thing rolled around like a pallet truck, easy on a smooth floor. So lowered car you could put the wheels on 4"blocks (small removable ramps) and roll the lift under the car.
Another option is to sink this into the floor.

I used ramps for my scissor lift for the height issue. No big deal to work around that. Couldn't do it the same way as this one comes in from the side. Still like the idea of having the bottom of the car completely open to roll under. The only downside with the scissor lift. Not critical as you really don't have anything in the middle of your car but the floor pans. LOL! Still would be nice. Think I may try to make a deal with the guy. If it doesn't work out I'm perfectly happy with my scissor lift. This just looks even easier to move around if I need to. I'm going to email the guy & we'll see
wndsnd
Personally, I don't get it. Unless it is really cheap.

If you bought a sissor lift you probably have height restrictions. The whole arm part of that lift just looks complicated.

Look at the MaxJax. You will have access to everything under the car. Engine Drops, Tranny drops, no problem. It has limited lift height, approx 4 feet or so, but I have found it ok. I just roll around on the little stool and everything is fine. The stool also has little parts and tool holders so everything is convenient.

I purchased one and had it professionally installed. At first the motor/hydraulic unit overheated, so I talked with them. It took a couple of conversations, but they sent me a replacement unit and everything now works like a charm.

Some mount the power unit on a wall or post, but I did not feel the need. Honestly you hear people say it was the best garage decision and I agree. I pretty much have the car up after every trip and it is a relief to be able to check every thing over and tend to any need.

rick 918-S
I like that but could t justify the cost for a hobby so I build this. 2500 lb. air bumper jack. It lifts a shell like its nothing.
I need a side lift to mount cars on the Celette. I could use a two post but is have I floor heat tubes in my shop. Can't drill holes in the floor to secure the posts. I can roll this around with the car on the lift.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JRust
It sold before I could get to it sad.gif . Oh well my scissor lift does everything I need anyway. Just like the accessibility & movability a little more with this one. It was $1400 & I was hoping to make a trade with him for a motorcycle I have. Thanks for all the input guys biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.