Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't wait to see these tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
Matt will contact you shortly.
Thanks actually with the wife fo a little R&R dont tell her i was here.
bandjoey
Got mine in the mail and will get them in the car Sunday and report back.
Thanks Mark
bandjoey
UPDATE.
I searched for a shop with a headlight adjusting machine. It seems these are antiques, so I used the fence, ruler, and tape method.
The base line is my Explorer with HID lights. Low beam. 2 small center hot spots
The LEDs are installed in a Hella E lens. Low beams

Compared to the sealed beams:

After adjustment, the LEDs are blue white, brighter, more side vision, more distance vision, and after driving in traffic, no one flashed me for bright lights.

The E lens show a center hotspot that's not obvious when driving.
What do u think?
ConeDodger
I got mine and installed them last night Mark, but didn't have a chance to do more than turn them on and shine them against the garage wall. As usual, I was off to work this morning and will not be back until at least next Tuesday. As in the 24th.
What I can tell you though is my baseline lights in the car before the install were H4 sealed beams. I got them a good 10 years ago. The LED units that Mark sent me were much whiter and brighter light. Those foglight grills were so so nice too!
ConeDodger
Here's a comparison. H4 sealed beam left. LED right. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Winner! LED!
bandjoey
What lens do you have? In sure the glass will change the beam pattern
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 17 2017, 09:08 PM) *

What lens do you have? In sure the glass will change the beam pattern

Both are Hella H4. One sealed beam, one LED.
bandjoey
Hella USA OR European E glass?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 17 2017, 10:56 PM) *

Hella USA OR European E glass?

I have no fuchin' clue... confused24.gif

I had three goals going in to this in this order:

1) reduce current draw when headlights are used. (I've actually had a melted fuse box in a vintage car from current draw through 40 year old wiring)

2) better lighting.

3) Help Mark out as he wanted these installed and tested.

All three goals were accomplished. I recommend these lights. Mark would have to tell what kind of lenses the new ones were. They could have been made out of frozen mountain goat piss as far as I know. They work. They work really well!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.