Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Racing 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dion,

A Big Thank You for highlighting this fabulous 914 specific book.

Just opened mine, and will be enjoying it today.
An additional book to my Porsche hobby collection smile.gif
DRPHIL914
Pretty cool! I had mine in my Amazon wish list and someone (secret Santa ) gave it to me for Christmas ! Looking forward to sitting down and learning more about my 914's heritage!
Beach914
Click to view attachment

From my daughter.
HansJan
Bought it on Amazon.
Received it last week.
Wrapped it, with a long ass poem (about how great of a person I am).
Placed it under the tree.

The wife thinks I got it from family members.
Family members beleive, I got it from the wife.

Loving this Christmass....
santa_smiley.gif
ConeDodger
I understand I have a box from Amazon. Someday soon, I'll be home. Maybe... blink.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(396 @ Dec 25 2016, 09:49 AM) *

Wow, on page 76, I see the Sonnauto GT...racing in the "24hr" I wonder if that's the GT that I inspected and didn't pick up ( buy) in 82 that Seinfeld now has ! Should have...... headbang.gif

It's great to see Topper's car racing at Riverside on page 275 !

You didn't miss out on the #40 Sonauto, and Jerry didn't pick it up either.
It was privately sold from Claude Ballot-Lena's (LeMans winner) collection to a California collector/POC member driving.gif
GeorgeRud
Nice to see Glen Stazek's car at the no of the book! It was my Christmas present this year and a nice way to spend time till weather allows us to enjoy our cars once more up north.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 25 2016, 05:42 PM) *

It was privately sold from Claude Ballot-Lena's (LeMans winner) collection to a California collector/POC member driving.gif

He's had it for many years, now. Brought it to some 914club/914world events, even.

--DD
Zimms
QUOTE(Hans Jan @ Dec 25 2016, 07:05 PM) *

Bought it on Amazon.
Received it last week.
Wrapped it, with a long ass poem (about how great of a person I am).
Placed it under the tree.

The wife thinks I got it from family members.
Family members beleive, I got it from the wife.

Loving this Christmass....
santa_smiley.gif

That is genius. Love it.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 9 2016, 04:45 PM) *

In 5 years it will be worth $15.00.

It has to be worth more than that with an acknowledgement to Paul Woodbury on page 6! biggrin.gif
Catorse
Got the book, read half of it already. I hate to be a critic but to me the book has its main value in the pictures. Now don't get me wrong, I am a writer for a living, but when the author gets into the racing history of the 914, there is page after page of what amounts to race results which are a little on the dry side. In some areas, the actual STORY is razor thin.

I didn't buy this book to read race results, I bought it for the story and feel of the racing 914s.

Again, I am only through it 50% but I give it a B-

As a counterpoint, read the KUSSMAUL CHRONICLES, about Porsche Engineer Roland Kussmaul. This book came out just recently as well. He was the engineer on Marathon De La Route with the 3 914s racing. His account makes you feel like you were THERE. Awesomely written.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Catorse @ Dec 26 2016, 08:24 AM) *

Got the book, read half of it already. I hate to be a critic but to me the book has its main value in the pictures. Now don't get me wrong, I am a writer for a living, but when the author gets into the racing history of the 914, there is page after page of what amounts to race results which are a little on the dry side. In some areas, the actual STORY is razor thin.

I didn't buy this book to read race results, I bought it for the story and feel of the racing 914s.

Again, I am only through it 50% but I give it a B-

As a counterpoint, read the KUSSMAUL CHRONICLES, about Porsche Engineer Roland Kussmaul. This book came out just recently as well. He was the engineer on Marathon De La Route with the 3 914s racing. His account makes you feel like you were THERE. Awesomely written.

Roland is the Man ! He drove the Paris Dakar as well !ยก!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.