Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 13" 5x130 Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
greggearhead
Posting this here as a hail marry. Since Porsche is 5x130, I thought *maybe* someone might have some funky smaller wheels from a lot purchase or something.

I'm building an NSU vintage race car and will need some 13x6-8" wheels in the 5x130 pattern. Anyone have some laying around? I'd even consider singles, just for grins.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
KeithVonLaws
Hello Greg

I dont have wheels but I do have a mirror like the one on the Black and Gold
car in your photos. It is an old original Bullet mirror...

-Keith
greggearhead
Can you send pics and info to greggearhead@comcast.net ?

Thanks

Mueller
Cannot help, just wanted to say...cool looking cars when setup like that....I love how they prop open the rear trunk for down force (correct?)
brant
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 3 2016, 08:28 AM) *

Cannot help, just wanted to say...cool looking cars when setup like that....I love how they prop open the rear trunk for down force (correct?)

Cooling actually
bretth
Cool car. Never seen before. Looks like a baby Corvair.

Brett
greggearhead
Thanks everyone. Yes, they are cool, and rare, which helps with the cool.

The factory made the 1000 (cc) inline 4 cyl versions - rear engine, air-cooled in 1964, and latter added a Sportier TT version, and later an even sportier TTS (dual 40mm side drafts, higher compression, bigger cam, decklid propped open) that made around 75hp, or around 100 with the 'race' kit that was basically a different cam and a header I think. But they were known for being giant killers. 100-120 hp out of a 1000 (there was also a 1200cc version) that weighs 1400lbs wet - stock! means it can beat up on a lot of pretty powerful but heavier cars sometimes.

They are actually raced today in Europe and have a pretty hard core following, but are almost unheard of in the USA. I bought a very early 1964 model and am building it into a vintage racer/track day/sunday canyon car.

Here's a pic for scale of it sitting on my trailer behind the van. Almost looks like a toy.

IPB Image
brant
I see them frequently at he track. Great vintage car. Some even run in Colorado.
garrettlee2
What's your budget I have a friend that restores old bbs motorsports wheels and could build you a set but they are pricey
greggearhead
I'd like to keep it inexpensive at this point. I've owned E52, E75 etc BBS wheels so I know what those are and can run, but I'd prefer to find something someone doesn't need first. I can get 13x7 Superlites, but just really want to see what's out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.