Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Synthetic or Regular Blinker Fluid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mgp4591
I was in California this last weekend and a Ca. Legislature friend of mine told me that there are tests currently under way for the new corn extract based blinker fluid to meet the Brown Pelican and whale (and possibly snail darter) issues brought up by the EPA. He believed it was closely tied to the corn syrup industry and could potentially bring thousands if not hundreds of jobs to the Central Valley agricultural community. Good news for the farmers in the area connected with this crop and its by-products! The unknown factor in this entire technology apparently rests with the incoming Administration putting the kybash on the whole operation though if the new corn based blinker fluid resembled the color of the PEOTUS toupee... uh, hair. Stay tuned for further developments via Faux News. popcorn[1].gif
Nutter965
Oh boy I'm going to up against it in the UK especially when I eventually get the car built and ready for the MOT here I can't find either over here !!!!!

Arrrrrrggggg need advice !
RickS
If they start putting ethanol blends in blinker fluid, due to the corn lobby buying our legislators... there go the rubber lines.
914_teener
No way....synthetic corn blinker fluid. What is the world coming to.

Everybody knows that the coal based dino blinker fluid will put more people back to work here in the USA and but mostly West Virginia, and are better for our 914's flat tappet blinker relays.

There...I said it.

SirAndy
You Muricans are funny ...

Y'all realize that this is a German car and the rest of the world has been using metric blinker fluid for many, many decades, right?
poke.gif

#myfluidismetric

Rsjg911
Yes, that's all well and good but what if you have a MY car? I am so confused now I just don't know what to do. I think I will just continue to use 2 parts alcohol and 1 part water. The water molecules are larger than the alcohol molecules thus 1 part of each = <2 parts total. This gives a "packing effect" and actually improved night time range by ~10%. Kind of like what athletes to for high altitude training.
You should try it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.