Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing section of the wiring loom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
As I'm fitting twin 40 IDF's I have no need for the missing fi system including the extra wiring that would go to the relay board in the engine bay.

Is there a straightforward way to remove the no longer needed section of loom, either by rerouting bits that may be needed elsewhere or simply removing altogether?

1974 2.0
porschetub
Theres a 4 pin plug on the relay board pull that out with associated wiring,thats that gone ,then proceed to the tech article section on here and jumper an earth off the relay board so you can run your low pressure pump through the existing FI relay,this is the best and only way to go.
Good luck beer.gif
JFG
There was no relay board in the engine compartment when i bought the car. All i have is the wiring on the main loom with the multi pin plug on the end.
SirAndy
QUOTE(JFG @ Dec 4 2016, 03:03 PM) *

There was no relay board in the engine compartment when i bought the car. All i have is the wiring on the main loom with the multi pin plug on the end.

You'll need the *relay* board. Also, voltage regulator anyone?
http://www.914world.com/specs/SirAndyCarbFuelPumpRelay.php
bdstone914
QUOTE(JFG @ Dec 4 2016, 05:03 PM) *

I have tested relay boards and voltage regulators. PM me for details. If I can get them in a padded envelope the shipping will be about $26. I would want $65 for a relay board, relays, and voltage regulator.
IronHillRestorations
You need the board, voltage regulator, and some of the relays, as well as an engine wiring harness. Bruce's offer is a very fair deal.
bdstone914
QUOTE(JFG @ Dec 4 2016, 05:03 PM) *

I have tested relay boards and voltage regulators. PM me for details. If I can get them in a padded envelope the shipping will be about $26. I would want $65 for a relay board, relays, and voltage regulator.
porschetub
QUOTE(JFG @ Dec 5 2016, 12:03 PM) *

Wow that changes the game.....best to research before then we would know biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ,so much info out there and on here,Bruces offer is very generous go for it.
Best to research your carb install as theres many wrong ways and a few right ways,if not you will be disappointed ,good luck.
JFG
So it would appear i need to do some reinstatement work that had at some point been removed.

A little digging around and i found a diagram showing how to jump the relay board to allow the use of the existing original fuel pump wires ( which i'll run up to the front where the new pump is going be be fitted) and make use of the voltage regulator to avoid having to wire in a custom installation.

Thanks for the help, Bruce as per my pm i'll be in touch shortly to arrange this and some other bits.

If it wasn't for this forum i'd be headbang.gif ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.