Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Honda Powered BMW 2002
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I'm loving this build and thought y'all might too. dog.gif brain.gif german01.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRHfdoZrb4Y
Elliot Cannon
A Japanese engine in a German car?? Who ever heard of such a thing? WTF.gif av-943.gif
Steve
Curious why? The S2000 is an awesome handling car. Must of been a wrecked car. What are the plans for the BMW? It looks like a trasher race car. If its a race car what will it compete against?
BigFour1973
the f20c motor from the s2000 was pretty bad ass. Over 100 hp per liter, 9000 redline, Honda reliability and without doing any work to the bottom end it will take upwards of 600hp.

I think one guy on the world had done this swap. I tossed around the idea of that motor for my car, but I'm going to keep a flat four in there
ConeDodger
aktion035.gif

That's cool! You're barely hitting 3K rpm in that video. That thing is going to scream!! blink.gif
Mike Bellis
Cool build!

I noticed your new shop looks a lot like your old one. smile.gif
McMark
Yeah, I noticed that too. dry.gif

Spent yesterday cleaning, and I'm fixing to do some more today.
JmuRiz
Very cool!
To finish it off you should put a quiet muffler and resonator on it to make it kind of a sleeper biggrin.gif

Someone at the local Cars and Coffee (Katies in Great Falls) did something similar with a Nissan drivetrain:
IPB Image
IPB Image
jd74914
Super cool!

Any chance you could post up some pictures of the engine install, etc.? biggrin.gif
McMark
The engine itself fits in pretty easily. The transmission forced some major reworking of the center tunnel. We had a hybrid driveline fabricated with a S2000 front half and a 2002 back half. It's actually a pretty easy swap overall, as long as you're not the type who's crazy about making things look like they're supposed to be there. wink.gif
blackmoon
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 6 2016, 10:05 AM) *

The engine itself fits in pretty easily. The transmission forced some major reworking of the center tunnel. We had a hybrid driveline fabricated with a S2000 front half and a 2002 back half. It's actually a pretty easy swap overall, as long as you're not the type who's crazy about making things look like they're supposed to be there. wink.gif

Nice fabrication on the tunnel, sweet
jmill
Awesome work! I'd drive the hell out of it.
Chris H.
Looks fun. Love the concept.

Here's another nice one to start with:

74 2002

No affiliation, just my daily CL search.
McMark
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Dec 6 2016, 03:18 PM) *

Looks fun. Love the concept.

Here's another nice one to start with:

74 2002

No affiliation, just my daily CL search.

Damn that's tempting.... unsure.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 5 2016, 06:43 PM) *

Curious why? The S2000 is an awesome handling car. Must of been a wrecked car. What are the plans for the BMW? It looks like a trasher race car. If its a race car what will it compete against?

Slight hijack... just read a build thread that a guy removed the blown motor from his S2000 and installed an older turbocharged Volvo motor! Crazy swap.
Mueller
Great job Mark, that car should be fun!
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 6 2016, 03:41 PM) *

Great job Mark, that car should be fun!

Mueller - Volvo in your 914????
cali914
Nice swap and don't worry about the bashers usually jealous if they have something negative to say about your quest for auto hapiness
jpnovak
I think this is very cool. Been looking for a clean 2002 to have some "liberty" with. This looks right in line with a project I would do. Carry-on...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(cali914 @ Dec 7 2016, 01:29 AM) *

Nice swap and don't worry about the bashers usually jealous if they have something negative to say about your quest for auto hapiness

McMark is actually the owner of Original Customs in Grand Rapids Michigan. The "auto happiness he seeks here is for a customer. He isn't really worried about bashers... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.