Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merry Christmas - Parting a '72 shell for shipping costs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
tygaboy
Hi World!
I'm lucky - I'm a very fortunate person and have lived what I think has been a pretty charmed life. I feel very blessed and I don't take it for granted.

It's this time of year that it hits me even more how lucky I am. Balh, blah, long story short, I think I'm in a position to give back. The World has been a great resource for me and I'd like to do something to say "thanks!"

I have a pretty straight, essentially rust free, '72 shell that I've decided I'd like to part out for essentially shipping costs from 94952. The wheels aren't part of this deal but contact me if you're interested. I do have a set of 4 Enkies.

The parts that are currently "reserved" or spoken for are:
- front floor 1/2: mb911
- left side suspension console: Dion
- doors, firewall, rear panel, the little panels that frame the engine lid, A pillar supports: me!

There are lots of good panels left. PM me with your needs. I'm old school so please include a phone # as I find a quick call makes things much easier (for me!). I can explain condition and we can agree on cost.
The prices will be stupid low, if not free. I just don't want to lose money if I have to buy packing, etc.

I hope every part of this car goes to a good home and helps someone get their teener back on the road!

Happy, merry and safe holidays to you and yours,
Chris
tygaboy
I also have the part to repair the passenger side front fender damage.
BuddyV
Chris -

Please check your in box..... I sent you a message.

I have an idea.....

piratenanner.gif
restore2seater
PM sent.
BigFour1973
I asked this in the other post, but incase it gets lost. I'm looking for the passenger side rear floor pan ( from cross brace to firewall) and if the front trunk weatherstripping channel is any good I'd like a foot or two worth of the straight pieces ( example is the areas paralleling the quarter panel, or the parts around the head lights.
Thank you,
Corey 626-926-0281
tygaboy
Hi all -
PMs have been sent to all who've inquired and there are no overlaps in part requests so those who have heard back from me are first in line for the parts they need! santa_smiley.gif

I love it when a plan comes together!

I'll get pics of all the requested items and post them here.

I'm taking a couple weeks off at the end of the year and that's when I plan to do all the needed surgery. So it looks like these won't make it under the tree but hopefully you'll have a happy "shortly after New Year"!

I'll be in touch with updates and details ASAP.

Chris
gcrotvik
PM sent regarding left side turn signal area.
Beach914
Hi, I need the front trunk floor to patch up the hole from the removal of my A/C Condensor. Send me a price please.
Maybe I could coordniate and share shipping costs down to Long Beach with BIGFOUR1973 if that helps ?
tygaboy
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Dec 7 2016, 06:34 AM) *

Hi, I need the front trunk floor to patch up the hole from the removal of my A/C Condensor. Send me a price please.
Maybe I could coordniate and share shipping costs down to Long Beach with BIGFOUR1973 if that helps ?

Hi - The front trunk floor has been reserved already. I'll post what's spoken for...
tygaboy
What's been reserved:

- Driver side suspension console: Dion
- Passenger side, area above door handle, up into sail area: mepstein
- Front floor 1/2: mb911
- Front trunk floor: ndfridge
- A-arms and trailing arms: Buz914
- Passenger side rear floor, some front trunk weatherstrip channel: BigFour1973
- Rear trunk springs and pin:
- Driver side front fender (turn signal/side marker area): gcrotvik
- Driver side inner engine compartment (oil tank bosses area), driver side area above door handle, up into sail area: jd74914
- passenger side suspension console, rear panel lock brace: KevinGieg
- doors, firewall, rear panel, the little panels that frame the engine lid, A pillar supports, battery tray inner fender area: me!

Also, I cut out the passenger side inner long area ( just about 1/2 way up to near the engine mount) to repair rust on my Build-Off Challenge car. So that's gone.
tygaboy
Some pics of areas folks have expressed interest in.

- the driver side rear fender has been replaced. Here's a shot of the area.
tygaboy
Passenger front fender / nose panel damage. Note there is a piece to do the repair.
tygaboy
Here's the pass side rear floor area. I sliced out what I needed for the repair to my other car.
tygaboy
nose damage
tygaboy
frunk floor - that's all just surface rust.
tygaboy
Suspension console and engine wall
BigFour1973
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 7 2016, 09:44 AM) *

Here is the photo i was referencing to in my P.M.

Ignore this, Just saw that Noel called dibs! thanks anyways
Sbradley@netins.net
chris,
I would be interested in your front hood
914werke
Im gonna pass.
THX
ndfrigi
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Dec 7 2016, 09:59 AM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 7 2016, 09:44 AM) *

Here is the photo i was referencing to in my P.M.

Ignore this, Just saw that Noel called dibs! thanks anyways

thanks Corey! Looks like ur buying a lot for ur new project.
Sbradley@netins.net
QUOTE(Sbradley@netins.net @ Dec 7 2016, 12:19 PM) *

chris,
I would be interested in your front hood

I am restoring a 72 rusty 914.
let me know what you want for it and the shipping to 714 1st ave e, cascade iowa 52033.
my name is steve Bradley
cell number 563-590-0845
ndfrigi
Here is the part sir Chris.

Click to view attachment
ssuperflyoldguy
Sent you a PM, I'll take the whole thing, I'm local & have a trailer. before I get any heckles from the other's, I have 2 rusty parts cars that I can do some slicing off of
TroyVB
PM sent
mb911
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Dec 7 2016, 03:00 PM) *

Sent you a PM, I'll take the whole thing, I'm local & have a trailer. before I get any heckles from the other's, I have 2 rusty parts cars that I can do some slicing off of

Really wow.. I guess I am the first to heckle
tygaboy
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Dec 7 2016, 03:00 PM) *

Everyone can relax. I had a wonderful conversation w/ssuperflyoldguy and we agreed this chassis wasn't for him. Plus, I'd never leave you folks high and dry after committing to provide the parts.
We're on track for everyone to get their parts off my car so it's all good.

Merry happy! cheer.gif santa_smiley.gif
mb911
This whole process started me thinking about what I may have extra and what I could give away.. I will be searching my parts hoard and see if I can start a give away thread for Christmas.. Not sure what I have but gotta have something.
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 7 2016, 05:59 PM) *

This whole process started me thinking about what I may have extra and what I could give away.. I will be searching my parts hoard and see if I can start a give away thread for Christmas.. Not sure what I have but gotta have something.

In the Classic Mini World (I've suggested this before) Someone sends a big box out with something/s (914 of course) someone can use - some generous soul can drop a few things in to start (MB911?). You receive box as from a coordinated list - you take out what is in the box (if you like it) and replace it with something else. You never know what's in the box until you get it. Forward to next on the list. Don't know about chrome rear bumpers but if they're close, maybe a cars&coffee&gift local meeting. No ash trays.

Could be a good Christmas swap meet opportunity too. I have a few things....

Articles could be
Door handles
Trunk latch
shift coupling
caliper
just riffing here
tygaboy
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Dec 7 2016, 06:13 PM) *

In the Classic Mini World (I've suggested this before) Someone sends a big box out with something/s (914 of course) someone can use - some generous soul can drop a few things in to start (MB911?). You receive box as from a coordinated list - you take out what is in the box (if you like it) and replace it with something else. You never know what's in the box until you get it. Forward to next on the list. Don't know about chrome rear bumpers but if they're close, maybe a cars&coffee&gift local meeting. No ash trays.

Articles could be
Door handles
Trunk latch
shift coupling
caliper
just riffing here

I've got a bunch of misc items I'm planning to offer up for shipping only so count me in!
mb911
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 7 2016, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Dec 7 2016, 06:13 PM) *

Articles could be
Door handles
Trunk latch
shift coupling
caliper
just riffing here

I've got a bunch of misc items I'm planning to offer up for shipping only so count me in!

Ok Christmas give away is going to happen. I will start a thread now..
bdstone914
I would like the rear hubs. I can send you a tool to remove them and prepay the shipping.

Bruce
tygaboy
Mark - here's your door handle area.
tygaboy
James - here's your right side engine compartment wall.
tygaboy
Donor vehicle. Sad to see it die but good to know it's helping others live.
It really is the season of giving... santa_smiley.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 17 2016, 06:19 PM) *

Mark - here's your door handle area.

Thank you! beerchug.gif
914forme
PM Sent lets see what shipping will be on this one blink.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(914forme @ Dec 18 2016, 07:28 AM) *

Stephen,
Is this the correct cut line for what you need? And relax everyone, that's not the car I'm cutting up! I didn't have a pic of that area of the donor car. biggrin.gif
Chris
forrestkhaag
Hey TYGABOY: if you are doing a 6 conversion, consider drilling all of the oil tank holes in the sheet metal you are receiving in this thread / it is a lot easier to set up templates and drill when out on your work bench rather than the Harry Hunit upside down in reverse with a angle drill and toothed bit aimed at your vitals approach.... beerchug.gif
mb911
Wow making good progress.. I getting ready to start working on my back floor pan so by the time you get the front out I will be ready. Thanks again.
914forme
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 18 2016, 10:58 AM) *

QUOTE(914forme @ Dec 18 2016, 07:28 AM) *

Stephen,
Is this the correct cut line for what you need? And relax everyone, that's not the car I'm cutting up! I didn't have a pic of that area of the donor car. biggrin.gif
Chris

Yes that would be the section.
tygaboy
Shipping of parts has begun! I'll PM or email you with the tracking # once your part ships.
I hope to get more cutting done soon.

If I haven't yet contacted you about your part, thanks for your patience.

Cutting up a car is turning out to be a bit more work than I anticipated... sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ... (you get the idea...)

Chris
Korijo914
Hey there,

Do you still have the passenger side, interior firewall behind the seat? If so, how much? I only need the sheet metal from the middle of the center bump, and the entire passenger sheet metal, from top to bottom. And to the outside area by the seat belt.

Basically the entire passenger side sheet metal firewall top to bottom, side to side.

Still available?

Thanks!

David ( korijo 914 ) Cawdrey
tygaboy
QUOTE(Korijo914 @ Dec 20 2016, 10:59 PM) *

Hey there,

Do you still have the passenger side, interior firewall behind the seat? If so, how much? I only need the sheet metal from the middle of the center bump, and the entire passenger sheet metal, from top to bottom. And to the outside area by the seat belt.

Basically the entire passenger side sheet metal firewall top to bottom, side to side.

Still available?

Thanks!

David ( korijo 914 ) Cawdrey

Hi David - Sorry, no. I needed large chunks of the fire wall for my car.
tygaboy
Dion - here's your suspension console. No extra charge for the partial spot weld drilling! laugh.gif
tygaboy
Organ donor after the harvesting...
tygaboy
Stephen - How's this look in terms of what you want for the frunk wall? I cut off the entire stock suspension mounting area, just in case. Let me know?
tygaboy
Steve - Here's the shift area. Let me know if this'll work for you.
Chris
quadracerx
That is the exact piece I need!! You are the Man!! Send me a PM with your Paypal info please?

And Merry Christmas!!

Thanks for your help with this!!

Steve
Dion
Chris, it's perfect! Thank you. Be glad to have it.
Cheers,Dion
tygaboy
Noel - Here's the front trunk floor. Will this work for you?
Thanks,
Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.