Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euromeisters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
Anyone running Euromeisters 16x7 on all four corners? Curious if they fit under stock fenders. I don't think they make a 16x6.
Keith914
Yes. Easy fit in front. I had to "role the rear fender edges in with a baseball bat", rolling the bat back and forth between the tire and fender, starting with th car jacked up for enough clearance etc. Tire size choice is an issue, I selected 205x45x16 tires. Happy to discuss further with you, -- PM me.
mmascari
Thanks Keith. If you have a photo post it so I can see how it looks. I have Boxster wheels now which are 16x7 in back, however, 16x6 in front. I really like the Fuchs style better though.
Mark Henry
What ET are they and a link?

Posted this a couple days ago.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2430954
Keith914
Here you are:
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mueller
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 8 2016, 06:53 AM) *

ET 40 from a quick search for the rears that he is currently running.

OP, are you using spacers?

Basically the new wheels will stick out towards the fender lip 17mm more that your current setup.

I like those Boxster wheels, they look pretty good on a 914.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Keith914 @ Dec 7 2016, 09:48 PM) *

Yes. Easy fit in front. I had to "role the rear fender edges in with a baseball bat", rolling the bat back and forth between the tire and fender, starting with th car jacked up for enough clearance etc. Tire size choice is an issue, I selected 205x45x16 tires. Happy to discuss further with you, -- PM me.

Would 195's require fender rolling as well ?
mmascari
Thanks for the pics, my car is also silver and they look awesome.
Keith914
My tire side walls extend 1/8" outside the rim edge, running 205x45x16's.
RichPugh
The Euromeister 16x7's are 23.3et (not 40). I plan on running them too... Probably with a slightly smaller tire but I would LOVE to see if the 951 23.3et 8" fits the rear with a 205/40 or a 215/35... with mild fender modification.

http://www.automotion.com/euromeister-allo...or-porsche.html
Mueller
QUOTE(RichPugh @ Dec 8 2016, 02:21 PM) *

The Euromeister 16x7's are 23.3et (not 40). I plan on running them too... Probably with a slightly smaller tire but I would LOVE to see if the 23.3et 8" fits the rear with a 205/40 or a 215/35... with mild fender modification.

http://www.automotion.com/euromeister-allo...or-porsche.html

40mm offset is his current Boxster wheels.

Even with the 7" 23mm offset you will have to modify the fender lip, an 8" 23mm offset wheel will require mods for sure, I guess it depends on your definition of "mild"

See pic below, my old car....8" 23mm offset rims

Fender cut and welded.

IPB Image
mmascari
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 8 2016, 09:47 AM) *

Basically the new wheels will stick out towards the fender lip 17mm more that your current setup.

No spacers. So the offset of the Euromeisters is different than the stock Boxster wheels and therefore stick out more toward the fender an additional 17mm? That is not good and makes sense why some require rolling the fender lip.
RichPugh
40mm offset is his current Boxster wheels.

Even with the 7" 23mm offset you will have to modify the fender lip, an 8" 23mm offset wheel will require mods for sure, I guess it depends on your definition of "mild"

See pic below, my old car....8" 23mm offset rims

Fender cut and welded.

oops... I missed the Boxster wheel bit there. Sorry.

What tires are you running on those 23.3et 8's? I planned to run a 195/45 on all 4 corners on 7's.
RichPugh
So the offset of the Euromeisters is different than the stock Boxster wheels and therefore stick out more toward the fender an additional 17mm? That is not good and makes sense why some require rolling the fender lip.

No, the Boxster ones are 40et... that would push them inwards an additional 17mm (16.7) than the 23.3et ones if theyre the same width.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mmascari @ Dec 8 2016, 06:01 PM) *

No spacers. So the offset of the Euromeisters is different than the stock Boxster wheels and therefore stick out more toward the fender an additional 17mm? That is not good and makes sense why some require rolling the fender lip.

Why I was asking about the ET (back spacing) on the Euromiesters, ET23 is going to give you issues. Also I'm not fond of the look of the smaller than stock OD tire, to me it just looks odd, not to mention it throws off your speedo and gear ratios.

The ET 40 will have less issues and using spacers a bit more wiggle room. I looked up Euromiesters on a few sites and didn't see a 16X7 ET40, only ET23.
cip1(dot)com has the 17X7 ET40, but I have no idea on quality, I have heard (3rd hand) they are heavy. Most likely they are made in China.

Using the calculator I posted, if you plug in 165/80-15 ET40 5.5 inch rim and 205/50-17 ET40 7 inch rim, you get an almost exact same size wheel as stock with 3/4" wider on each side.

To get the same with 16X7" you would need a ET40 and 205/55-16 tire.

The big caveat is no two brands of tire are dimensionally the same.
mmascari
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 8 2016, 03:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mmascari @ Dec 8 2016, 06:01 PM) *

Why I was asking about the ET (back spacing) on the Euromiesters, ET23 is going to give you issues. Also I'm not fond of the look of the smaller than stock OD tire, to me it just looks odd, not to mention it throws off your speedo and gear ratios.

The ET 40 will have less issues and using spacers a bit more wiggle room. I looked up Euromiesters on a few sites and didn't see a 16X7 ET40, only ET23.
cip1(dot)com has the 17X7 ET40, but I have no idea on quality, I have heard (3rd hand) they are heavy. Most likely they are made in China.

Using the calculator I posted, if you plug in 165/80-15 ET40 5.5 inch rim and 205/50-17 ET40 7 inch rim, you get an almost exact same size wheel as stock with 3/4" wider on each side.

To get the same with 16X7" you would need a ET40 and 205/55-16 tire.

The big caveat is no two brands of tire are dimensionally the same.

What about real Fuchs? Are they ET40? For example a set of 16x7 from a 911sc?
sixnotfour

the only factory Fuchsis a 15 inch and was the 911R wheel..close to 40mm..
I have these fake fuchs and fit great..40mm
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...Code=C13%2D9739
RichPugh
QUOTE(mmascari @ Dec 8 2016, 12:18 AM) *

Anyone running Euromeisters 16x7 on all four corners? Curious if they fit under stock fenders. I don't think they make a 16x6.

btw, If youre interested in OE 16x6's, I'd consider selling/shipping the ones I have.
RichPugh
What about real Fuchs? Are they ET40? For example a set of 16x7 from a 911sc?

Real Fuchs in 16x7 are 23.3et.

Here's a Chart for the real Fuchs sizes, part numbers and offsets.

IPB Image

There is also this...

members.rennlist.com/911pcars/WheelWts.html
TravisNeff
I agree that tire selection is critical. These are 205x55x16 on a 7" rim, notice how wide they stick out past the rim for this particular tire brand. I had to do obscene things to the rear fenders to get it to fit, and I'll have to have a body shop fixed what I fixed!

If I had to do it over I would have tried the 195x55x16 RE71R tire. Right in between overall height from a 50 to 55 series 205 tire, and the section width is little bit less. Live and learn.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.