Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now I'm REALLY Pissed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
d7n7master
Called AA again today to check on the order I placed last January for rocker studs.
The guy says to me "sorry there's a problem with your order". I said "like what" -
Loonngg silence - "well there's some comments in your file". I said "is it in english? Can you read it"? He say yes, ahhhh, they're negative comments. I said "what does it say?
He says "AA doesn't want you for a customer, your orders been canceled".
What - because I ordered the parts in Jan. Dogged them out last Feb for not telling me the parts were on back-order even though their website showed them in-stock.
WTF??? headbang.gif They make me barf.gif finger.gif What a JOKE!!! Four months wasted.
Ordered the parts from Fat today. They'll be in the mail today. What I should have done in the first place. Live & learn, I guess...
G
djm914-6
Wow. I don't know if I'd dare order from them. While I've never out right bashed them, I have't had much good to say. Huh.
Jake Raby
I have 1900 of them in stock... LOL
SLITS
Oh man, you didn't take advantage of Greg Treadway's promise to makeEVERYTHING wonderful. Shame on you wink.gif He even bought lunch to prove it.
d7n7master
Lesson learned. If anyone lives near AA, would you please put some dog crap in a brown bag - set it on their front door & light it for me???
Tell them it's from a disgruntled customer. They should know who - they're so good - it must just be me that knows how hard they SUCK.
M&Effers ar15.gif
nebreitling
AA is blacklisting customers? how do i put MY name on that list?

laugh.gif lol2.gif
Jake Raby
I have blacklisted a few in my time... But it takes a lot to end up that way here.....

MattR
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Apr 26 2005, 10:08 AM)
I have blacklisted a few in my time... But it takes a lot to end up that way here.....

alfie?
MattR
hide.gif
ken914
In my experience, AA SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what any AA reps promise, I will never ever ever buy anything from them. In fact if I knew a good way of costing them money I would go out of my way to do it.

d7n7master
QUOTE (Rake @ Apr 26 2005, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Apr 26 2005, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Apr 26 2005, 10:08 AM)

alfie?

Yup, and I’ve never even done business with him. I guess I didn’t bow down far enough. It’s for the best anyway since I would suffer from a huge case of buyer’s regret if I paid $6000 for a 150 hp motor.

Somebody tryin' to steal my AA rant???
How 'bout my second to last AA experience??? Bought an airdam - waited 6 months - finally delivered. flipa.gif Gee Thanks!!! Now THAT's Customer Service!!!
-----------------
Here's an idea; Let's all assemble in front of AA & burn our AA catalogs while chanting
"Massive Type 4 4 ever"
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Apr 26 2005, 01:05 PM)
AA is blacklisting customers? how do i put MY name on that list?

laugh.gif lol2.gif

that's what I'm saying!

dear AA,
please help protect me from buying from you... thanks... laugh.gif

Oh man, you didn't take advantage of Greg Treadway's promise to make [SIZE=14]EVERYTHING [SIZE=7]wonderful. Shame on you wink.gif He even bought lunch to prove it.

no SLITS, that was the dinner, before AA bends you over

I bought from AA a few times, and do not wish to do it again... it was a hassle to get my stuff, and I've since found more resources
djm914-6
Here we go again...

user posted image

edit: this IS going to be good. Two soaps in one!
ninefourteener
Well...... half the people here support AA, the other half hate their guts.

I can't say either way.. I'm cheap and buy my stuff off ebay, with the exception of a few good experiences with Tweeks (Mid America)

Either way..... I've always been skeptical because of all the complaints.. but figured I'd learn the lesson myself if I ever had to order from them.

However...... now?? Sorry, any reputable company would have gone above and beyond to satisfy a customer, particularly a displeased one. You know..... to hopefully make the customer changhe his/her mind... right??

But to cancel an order.... and then not even have the decency to TELL the customer that their order was intentionally cancelled?? Thats fucking bullshit.

I'll never buy anything from AA. Ever.

Sorry about your hassle.. I feel for you.

Matt
william harris
I have never had a problem with AA. I have bought a lot of stuff from them, mostly the small stuff you just can't find, but also a couple of big ticket items. Always, always got my stuff, shipped on time, never missed a beat. Go figure. Greg Treadway has gone out of his way to make sure stuff I needed in a hurry was shipped on time. So, count me as just lucky. By the way, I just ordered some stuff from them today. monkeydance.gif
Jenny
from what I've heard of personal accounts, it seems like orders get fucked up on a more regular basis if they're ordered by west coast peeps.

Jen
fatlando
I bought the "914 2.0" badges last year for $50! then I get them and their plastic with no holding clips in the rear!!

I also bought the 700 tips for 19.99 then paid for $15.00 shipping!!

lesson learned, but they've been in business quite a while so maybe at one time they were/are good, but just get overwhelmed.

d7n7master, are those EMPI wheels on your teener? I got some as well.

fat lando beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
ugh.....

here we go again.
keep it somewhat civil guys.... unsure.gif
I wonder if Jenny is on to something here, maybe they pay more in freight to send to the WC? I assume they pass all the $ on to the unlucky customer, but maybe it's a pain for them, who knows....

-then again since all you left coasters have soooo many more avenue's to get parts than we do, maybe we are more friendly on the phone since we're afraid we'll get shut off!!??

-aren't their prices really bad anyway? I seem to remember that stuff like turbo tie rods, bumper pads, etc.. were like twice the price there as compared to places like GPR or the bird???
ken914
It is not an east coast vs. west coast thing. It is a fundamental case of ethics. As long as they get everything correct with your order you are OK. If they make a mistake then they blame the customer.

"The customer is right until we get his money, then we are always right."

d7n7master
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 26 2005, 11:09 AM)
ugh.....

here we go again.
keep it somewhat civil guys....  :unsure:

I'm just trin' to warn my brothern away from the Evil AA. BTW, AA is an acronym for Absolute Assholes. Which just happens to be synonymous with AutoA barf.gif
Coincidence?
Whereas, just as a comparison: PP is an acronym for Porsche People. agree.gif
G - Out. Rant over.
mack914
Here's my AA story. I have also made purchases from them, but never again. I'm always looking for things to sell on e-bay. Bought a load of car brochures which included about 10 of the 914-6 conversion booklets that AA sells at about $30 a pop.. They sell on ebay, couple of different guys sell them. I started my at $5.00 each and sold most for about $15. They are about 10 pages in length and are not worth much considering that there is very little useful info. One day I get nasty e-mail about reproducing and selling copy-right items. I blew if off, until I got a second message. Now I'm thinking that this little booklets were probably reproduced on a copy machine and I may have made a couple of bucks on them, but I think that the $100, was a drop in the bucket compared to the promoting and getting the information out to perspective buyers and future 914-6 conversion enthusiasts that probably made George some money at AA.
I would think that AA and the people who run it would do a better job trying to make people happy and an have a better understanding of how not to piss people off.
redshift
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 26 2005, 03:02 PM)
from what I've heard of personal accounts, it seems like orders get fucked up on a more regular basis if they're ordered by west coast peeps.

Jen

Uhh... I'm somewhat closer... I must be on the Ultimate Blacklist.

I offered a little over a thousand dollars more for a car they sold to someone else. That wasn't the first time I have had trouble.. I just took that like they threw shit in my face.

Then I bought this POS... as you can see, my recent 914 life has been in contempt of me.

M
72914S
Ive gotten a few thing from them (about 10 years ago)but that was before I found all the better price places out there in Arnold land(CA.) I do use there catalog as a referance.Has some good exploded diagrams, part#s and color codes,etc. Ive even talked to GEORGE a couple of times. He does know the 914 . Sorry no bad storys.
nyum96
Like everyone else, I blacklisted them. Its how they deal with confrontation. RUn away from the problem.

I drive by the shop everyday (don't stop)and order parts from another place. Their cars are over priced and not worth the money. Its just too bad... A good example of a good idea but bad people skills. Sorry George.. You do know your stuff on the 914.

When its all said and done, we all have the same interests in the same never ending project.

BB
TimT
I just bought something from AA, an oddball piece of sheetmetal for my 911, the salesman told me he would look around the shop and call me back. The next day he called and told me he had what he thinks Im looking for. It fit the bill so I ordered it (last thurday).

The piece was on my steps monday afternoon..my experience has been positive.

guywan914
still waiting for a backorder piece of sheet metal from them for over 10 months. thanks to chris foley i don't need their piece of #$%^ sheet metal. I called them about it after getting their backorder notification and was told they would get when they cvould and not to call about it again, it would be shipped when it was made. Sorry don't need it now. from an east coaster. Dave at GPR treats me much better, almost sorry to hear they teamed up.
d7n7master
beerchug.gif On the + side, my order was less than 20 bucks. Cheap lesson.
But they left me wondering; WHO cancelled my order & when??? Why wasn't I notified? They have my address, my tele#, my e-mail...
I need to know how long I've been jack - I mean - waiting for nothing?
Did I say rant over? beer3.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 26 2005, 11:02 AM)

Jen

Not at all! I have been "dealing" with them for 12 years and have had 1, count that 1 order show up correctly. Somehow it takes 7-10 days to get from Georgia to Virginia (it is almost always wrong.,..there was that 1 time) and it takes a flat 7 days for Performance to get from California to Virginia. Performance gets my reg. business when they have what I need otherwise I use Restoration design or Stoddard for sheet metal and Ian at 944 online for my water humper parts. I give people second and third chances cause I know how things can get but there is no excuse in this many people having the same problems for this many years. I know the guys know these cars as well and probably better than everyone else, but that doesn't mean shit if they can't get the parts to you correctly, in a decent time frame, and at a REASONABLE price. Rant over and out.

Luke M
dry.gif I'm still waiting for a carb kit to replace the wrong one that they sent me.
I'll never buy anything from AA again.
rhodyguy
gee, and everyone was so polite. almost. i was informed how bad carbs are on a 914. appearently they don't work/run very well.

per idea.gif haps, but they work well enough to make it from tacoma for the mulholland run. the lost performance can be made up with a $2500 twin throttle body setup. i would need to borrow a small child to ride in the ride rear trunk to get some real time driving numbers and change the settings. it's gold i tell ya, gold.

k

Eric_Shea
I'll be real civil but I doubt that it will help. Greg, chime in here please...

George's zeal and knowledge of the 914 is one of the things that got me into the cars some 20+ years ago. For a while he was the only game in town. His catalogs were cool and kept me looking for all sorts of fancy do-dads to add to my ride. His tech-tip book is a great little resource.

Would I love to see this man get "religion" (speaking in terms of devout customer service)? Hell yes! But again, I seriously doubt it's going to happen. Guys... this isn't about one person who had a bad experience. Ken HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD:

It is not an east coast vs. west coast thing. It is a fundamental case of ethics. As long as they get everything correct with your order you are OK. If they make a mistake then they blame the customer.

"The customer is right until we get his money, then we are always right."

I got the same story. "You must have ordered the wrong part". I've never seen a part like this on a 914 and I've torn quite a few down. Seriously Greg... chime in here. Would it have been so bad to take a $4.75 cable back into inventory? (my case nearly 10 years ago) Even "if" it was the customers fault... isn't it a good business practice just to keep them happy so you will continue to have more customers? So they (for the tune of a part that probably cost George $0.50) would tell their friends about a "good" experience. This thread wouldn't exist Greg. Think about it. It's not "always the customers fault and if and when it is... you suck it up and you "still" take care of the customer. You'll have customers for life not threads about how AA screwed you.

I'm probably "Blacklisted" from our previous go-round when you posted your products "For Sale" in my resource thread. I don't want to be blacklisted but... I'm sure it is what it is.

I don't want to see threads like this. People don't want to have to start threads like this. This is a hard working group of people that, for the most part have a hard time separating that hard earned money from their wallet. They want to be treated fairly. George has been and could be an "EXTREMELY" valuable member of this community... I'd love to see that happen again.

Greg, as stated in earlier threads, it's apparent that you're simply sent here as a "Shill" for George. I mentioned that it would be great to see you as a valuable member of this club. You've pretty much proven my point. You rarely chime in unless you can steer someone looking for a part to AA or GPR. You've come to the stove and said "give me heat"... it's time to put in some coal. Do something. Show us a sign. Make something right. Fix some problems. Fix "the" problem. Blacklisting people doesn't fix the problem... it simply creates threads like this. Sure, you'll have that .0001% of the clientelle that you (for good business practices) shouldn't do business with but, I doubt this was the case here.

I, for one, would "love" to have AA as another viable source to help keep these cars on the road.

Please fix this??? confused24.gif
Joe Bob
Eric....I actually said the same thing to Greg while I had dinner with him...actually I was trying to put the moves on Toast and he and his evil minions sat at the same table in the Mexican joint....

But anyways....I tole heem....heh, I WAS drinking Mexican beer...that he had to get the orders right, stop blaming the customers and to fix shit when it does happen.

I guess Greg needs to translate it to the sales staff...because he agreed that some things have been done wrong in the past.

MY personal opionion is...if AA has it...get it from GPR...they DO Have a joint sales agreement you know.....as for west coast versus east coast.....why buy all the way across country when you don't have to?

Geez, if I get a wrong part...I can do a drive by and slap Dave or Wayne in person with an hour or two.
rhodyguy
just one more suggestion. get modern with a 1-800 number. making us pay for the long distance call, being on terminal hold while listening to the "pitch", so the "cost" of the toll free service is not passed along customer is a bit of a shell game. i'm not being saved one red cent while the qwest meter is running. fyi, i will never order from the firm again until a change is made.

... use different terms when refering to people. "weenies", whether web or con cours, turns people off. you guys were in a tough spot.

k
Root_Werks
This has been a tough one for me recently. Years past, I got "misslead", recieving incorrect parts, miss-quoted shipping charges. So I sort of just bagged ordering from them since there was so many other places to order from.

Recently though, my AA Steel flare order was handled by GPR/Dave and AA/Greg who both did a great job of keeping me informed on where the flares were, shipping ect.

If I had an opinion, I would say Greg is certainly a good person to have on AA's staff, but also agree his methods should trickle down into the rest of the sales staff. That would make AA a much better place to shop.

From my recent exp with them, as long as I can go through Greg, I would buy again if needed. idea.gif
SLITS
I won't buy from them....I didn't eat his free lunch....I kept his CD to set my coke on.
Rusty
//speaking personally//

I had a pretty big order with them before I deployed to Iraq... about 2,000 dollars of stuff for the 914/6. George matched or beat prices advertised elsewhere. Stuff shipped when they said it would, and the parts arrived when I needed them. One part was backordered, but turned out to be NLA. I was informed by email a couple days later. That's not AA's fault.

A more recent order for vacuum hoses went well.

I would order from them again.

-Lawrence
Series9
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 27 2005, 09:02 AM)
I won't buy from them....I didn't eat his free lunch....I kept his CD to set my coke on.

I didn't either. The ticket would only get you free onion rings anyway. Anything over $5 was not covered. Most peoples' lunch was in the $10 range.

Thanks for nothing.
mack914
Maybe they are starting to get on the stick!!!!
Eric_Shea
Don't count on it... dry.gif
bd1308
I've ordered things (actually my dad has....i dont have patience to hold for 45 minutes on a saturday morning) like the replacement plastic door cams...these things are neat and very flexible! they have excellent products at somewhat reasonable prices(read high but liveable) but I usually go with PP (bought entire front rubber bumper cap, great shape guys!!!!) i just wish ethics would play more into people's thinking....maybe its just me, but I do know that ethics is key to doing things right....good lesson i learned early on....
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (mack914 @ Apr 27 2005, 11:49 AM)
Maybe they are starting to get on the stick!!!!

confucious say: if AA have stick, they looking for place to put it, bend over no more

poke.gif

sorry greg, but getting screwed 2 out of 2 times leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth, I was (still am, really) very new to 914s and it wasn't the "welcome" I was looking for.

if I'm blacklisted, so be it, AA and partwerks are BOTH on my SHIT list
nyum96
Being on hold for 40+ minutes, try walking in to buy a part. It'll take a good 5 minutes to get help.. a good 15 minutes to get the part, another 10 minutes because the part is incorrect, and another 5-10 minutes to checkout. When you walk in, everyone is sitting there in front of you. Also keep in mind there is no other custumers in line. That was 2 years ago.

Ordered via phone because I had no time to run over there... 5 days until I saw the order and yes, some parts were incorrect. Those OEM parts were reproductions..

I only live 15 miles from the place too. Getting your car seviced will cost an arm and a leg. When I had no idea about this car, they tightened the cv bolts, drained the tranny fluid, put a crappy drive angle in (broke 5 months later), and a valve adjustment for $800. He was also going to charge $1200 to replace the 1st gear syncro. flipa.gif They were my driving force to fix the 914 myself. Thats a positive to AA..

It would be nice to buy parts from them since there is not a 914 parts place in GA.

Its good to see some people have had good experiences and have not gone through all the crap the other have gone through.

BB
markb
QUOTE (914RS @ Apr 27 2005, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 27 2005, 09:02 AM)

I didn't either. The ticket would only get you free onion rings anyway. Anything over $5 was not covered. Most peoples' lunch was in the $10 range.

Thanks for nothing.

Yup, the "lunch" tickets were for $3.00 each. Who can buy lunch for $3.00? Next time I'd rather have them either cover lunch in it's entirety, or just not bother. They come across as cheap this way.
Dr Evil
the lunch tickets were for $6, not $3, not $5. Most items, all but like 4 were under $6 with the others being $6 so you had to buy the $2 drink your self. rolleyes.gif

I only deal with Greg directly and he has yet to let me down. Thanks Greg.

Partwerks sucks, indeed.
rhodyguy
my $6 should go to special olympics then. craig picked a spot on the way out that was good. nice big cb w/bac, hot fries and a shake for around $7. i had done the math and saw i was going to go out to the car for money dry.gif . i wasn't into standing online for an hour +.

k
Scott Carlberg
d7n7master,
while I'll agree that AA does SUCK,
and that's a really CRAPPY thing for them to have done to you....

I gotta wonder (and ask out-loud HERE lol2.gif )

WHY on earth, IF you live in Orange County Ca, as it says you do, WHY you'd use aa with FAT & Pelican near by, GPR up the road, Rich at High Performance House further up the road, Jake in Georgia etc etc etc etc etc!

Unless you've rec'd nothing but good service from them in the past, WHY on earth would you choose to use them? I hope their *lower price* was worth it!

Buyer Beware indeed.
djsinister702
I ordered a Porsche 914 Haynes manual from AA. 2 months passed by before i got it...that was only after i wrote them a few emails with threat Yack.gif . by that time i gotten another one off of ebay.

now i have two biggrin.gif

who want one? and i promise it wont take 2 months to get it... monkeydance.gif
jwalters
I too have nothing but good service from AA--except one order, which I placed back in Sept of last year---it was the ABS rocker panels--I called and they told me they all shipped out, but somehow mine never got shipped to me--the told me I would be #1 when the next shipment came in--that was at the end oJan, I believe--

Other than that, I got everything else as advertised.

I was badly overcharged on one order, but the girl took care of it while we talked on the phone--

I was stricken with the "Lowest prices possible" syndrom when I knew my job would be going away in short time---I did order some things from other sources, but AA got the bulk of my order $6(K)+

I really wish I could get those ABS rocker panels----- sad.gif
ejm
My first AA purchase was the 700 tech tips book I picked up at the WCC "swap meet". I've wanted the book for the trivia and detail content but didn't want to go "there". Greg seems sincere in wanting to improve the customer service at AA and I have somewhat backed down from saying I would never deal with them. I even hit him up for a free poster.

QUOTE (fatlando @ Apr 26 2005, 11:08 AM)
I also bought the 700 tips for 19.99 then paid for $15.00 shipping!!

ohmy.gif $10 at the WCC....hope yours came with a condom and a kiss wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.